G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Road vibration/judder gone!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 10:07 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Road vibration/judder gone!

I was due for a tire rotation and took my car to a local town fair tire. When my friend drove my car last night, he told me to get an alignment done too since the car was vibrating at high speeds.

It seems that after tire rotation, wheel balancing and wheel alignment. Car feels a lot different, it runs more smoothly and it's more agile in corners.

Here is the print out from the before and after:

Road vibration/judder gone!-mssecl.jpg

Old 10-26-2012, 01:44 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I got humming sounds at 58-62 only... no vibrations though. Usually I was told a bad alignment is responsible for car drifting to left or right while driving on flat land... not humming or vibrations. So, my guess is ur balancing took the vibrations away.

Can someone verify that alignments don't usually cause vibrations?

I did get an alignment, but the dealer didn't give me any fancy print out like yours, so there's no way for me to know if they actually did anything...

Replaced both front wheel bearings, still no use. Next step is to have the dealer raise car on a lift, bring the speed to 62, and look under the car for the source of the humming..... and I guess ill have them check alignment too

Old 10-26-2012, 03:09 AM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
Originally Posted by RedBaronK
I got humming sounds at 58-62 only... no vibrations though. Usually I was told a bad alignment is responsible for car drifting to left or right while driving on flat land... not humming or vibrations. So, my guess is ur balancing took the vibrations away.

I did get an alignment, but the dealer didn't give me any fancy print out like yours, so there's no way for me to know if they actually did anything...

Replaced both front wheel bearings, still no use. Next step is to have the dealer raise car on a lift, bring the speed to 62, and look under the car for the source of the humming..... and I guess ill have them check alignment too

If your tires get louder when you are coming to a stop, then it's your tires "feathering"

Old 10-26-2012, 09:55 AM
I was told a bad alignment is responsible for car drifting to left or right while driving on flat land... not humming or vibrations. So, my guess is ur balancing took the vibrations away.

Yea, I was told that when they balance the wheel they can see if your rim is bent or your tires need to be rotated. To balance the car, they usually put bad tires in the rear. I also noticed they installed new stick on wheel weights for balancing. So far, I am happy with the overall results of the car and def worth the cost of enjoying the smoother ride.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by dukehotty
If your tires get louder when you are coming to a stop, then it's your tires "feathering"

Old 10-26-2012, 01:56 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 105 Likes on 100 Posts

My guess is that it's your tires. Not all tires are quiet, especially after they've gotten some wear on them.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:16 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm currently dealing with something similar to this, only I don't know how to diagnose it. I'm thinking I could have a bent rim, or maybe my tire(s) need to be balanced/rotated. When accelerating/decelerating, I hear a loud flapping noise. I definitely know it has something to do with the wheels. I've checked under the car to make sure none of the linings are hanging or anything of that nature.

Anyone dealt with this before?

Old 10-26-2012, 05:16 PM
Its not... I replaced it with brand new ones from different manufacturer ... so far I ruled out tires, front bearings... such a nagging issue .. driving me nuts.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:00 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Its not... I replaced it with brand new ones from different manufacturer ... so far I ruled out tires, front bearings... such a nagging issue .. driving me nuts.
What tires were you using before and what tires did you replace them with?

Old 10-26-2012, 08:23 PM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
I wish this would cure my vibration...i had 3 alignments in 1 year last year along with the 4 different tires...no chance at all....I just gave up looking for it..something hopefully will fall off soon and then i will know what the issue is..

Old 10-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Anton_Chigurh
I wish this would cure my vibration...i had 3 alignments in 1 year last year along with the 4 different tires...no chance at all....I just gave up looking for it..something hopefully will fall off soon and then i will know what the issue is..
Bad bushings?

Old 10-26-2012, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by VMRWheels
Bad bushings?
Trust me.. Anton went through every option... when I was searching for my cure, all I saw were his posts going back 3+ years.... right upto when his engine blew up and dealer had it for 2 months...

Old 10-26-2012, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by VMRWheels
What tires were you using before and what tires did you replace them with?
Cheap *** OEM hankook ventus v4ES to michellin mxv4... same issue. Either two places I had my wheel rotation and balance done sucked *** or its another part of the car.. maybe drive shaft or rear wheel bearings. The quest continues...

Last edited by RedBaronK; 10-27-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Trust me.. Anton went through every option... when I was searching for my cure, all I saw were his posts going back 3+ years.... right upto when his engine blew up and dealer had it for 2 months...
yup...i have a lemon baby..still like it..besides that god dam vib..if i stay below 71 mph i can tolerate it...75 and up...F that can't do it anymore

Old 10-29-2012, 12:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My car has the same problem. If it becomes more common Infiniti will have to do a recall. I hear excessive road noise from the front left tire when driving over 50km/h. We should start a poll including all G owners to find out who else has this problem.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Road vibration/judder gone!