G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Racial Profiling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Racial Profiling

Just a Rant from yesterday when Police pulled me over for No reason and try to find way to give me fix it ticket.

Long story short I was about to make a left turn from Venice and Vermont Blvd, when I saw the cops in the alley. The moment I turn left they followed me and pull me over. OFFICER1: do you know why we pull you over? and take a guess (with a smirk) ME: I don't know officer, but my guess is because I wear a baseball hat with my hoodie and I driver a nice car. (smirk back). then he ask my driver license and registration. OFFICER2:came to me and ask: Is this your car? ME: yes officer. Its registered on my name and i drive it daily. OFFICER2: where did you get it? ME: (confuse why he ask that question) just replied from the dealer.lol Then finally come up empty and just said OFFICER1: "oh we pulled you over because we saw your license plate have a cover and authorities cannot see it" (CLEAR cover) This is a fix it ticket and just go to any CHP offices. then they just bounce.

(they did not see my license plate in the beggining because they came from the opposite side of the road when they saw me. I KNOW THEY ARE JUST DOING THEIR JOB, BUT FOR GOD SAKE THERE ARE PLENTY OF PEOPLE WHO DRIVES CRAZY IN LA)

Last edited by emorehs; 11-11-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:55 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
That sucks. Maybe you can file a complaint against them and see if you can get out of that fixit ticket.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Received 127 Likes on 117 Posts
DAMN!! You so close to me..... My main street is Vermont and Washington... I got stopped the other day too and officer asked me twice, "Is this your car?' .. lol.. I look PAISA probably.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by salvador312
DAMN!! You so close to me..... My main street is Vermont and Washington... I got stopped the other day too and officer asked me twice, "Is this your car?' .. lol.. I look PAISA probably.
Dude they ask me the question "is this your car" after they got my registration and license...hahaha I'm filipino and maybe I look somewhat Mexican. Especially with my goaty and I start growing mustache..lol Lesson learned always shave and take another route to go to my gf house..lol

Old 11-11-2012, 11:14 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
LOL! I am guess there is a stolen G out there that they are looking for. Both of you guys have black G. So, is there a stolen black G35 sedan?

Old 11-12-2012, 12:39 AM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by emorehs

... ME: I don't know officer, but my guess is because I wear a baseball hat with my hoodie and I driver a nice car. (smirk back). . .
As bad as you're feeling at the time, and as wrong as it may be for them to be hassling you, in my experience it is never a good idea to get smart with a cop. It may make you feel good, but more often than not, you'll pay for it, so you're only making it worse for yourself. I know that sucks, but it is the way it is. Just sayin.

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (11-19-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by vqsmile
As bad as you're feeling at the time, and as wrong as it may be for them to be hassling you, in my experience it is never a good idea to get smart with a cop. It may make you feel good, but more often than not, you'll pay for it, so you're only making it worse for yourself. I know that sucks, but it is the way it is. Just sayin.
I understand It is what it is.. But I wasn't being smart mouth with the cops, he actually told me "TAKE A GUESS" based on the question I just answer back in my own opinion. Yes it may sound I feel good for myself for answer back. Just make note that They saw me from the opposite side of the road and just judge me as I am a theif because of my looks/driving nice car/ I look young to own one. Now, let me tell you this if I get the upper hand on that person I counldn't promise I will treat him the same as how I treat people that end up in ER. Most likely treat him back the way he treated me. This society become ignorant and forget that not all people are the same. Some cops need to come back down and get over themselves just because they have upper hand.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:45 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I've had this happen to me too. I'm only 22 so there's no way in hell I know how to manage my money and buy a nice car. -___________-

They told me that because I de-badged it, there was no way of them identifying the car.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by vqsmile
Word. Always be respectful and courteous. You may still end up getting a ticket, but in many cases it will get you off or get you off lighter.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You gotta understand, he is just doing his job. What if your G was stolen by some idiot? Wouldn't you want the police to pull over any car that looks out of place with a specific driver?

Old 11-17-2012, 12:51 AM
Received 96 Likes on 85 Posts
Fix it ticket for clear plate covers, thats some BS. Theres always "cool" cops & then just cops. But hey at least they didn't pull you over surrounded & demanded you to get out with guns drawn. Gotta say I don't think they were racial profiling though as you said you had on a hat & hoodie so probably couldn't see you.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:57 AM
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Sorry, but no sympathy here. You had a cover on your license plate, which is illegal in California even if it is clear. You got a fix it ticket, so it's not a big deal. The real problem was you gave them attitude. Some cops will give you an invitation to be smart with them, such as the leading question "Do you know why I pulled you over? Take a guess." But you can't take the bait.

The following users liked this post:
Adro (11-20-2012)
Old 11-17-2012, 12:13 PM
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Even middle aged men like me where ball caps and hoodies. I think cops are used to those (several friends are SDPD).

I'd remove the clear license plate cover.

I had one on a car about 10 years ago that was relatively stock and the heat pulled me over twice and were rude as hell each time. One time in Irvine, a female cop looked like she wanted wanted to wrestle me to the ground because I said "it's just a clear cover".

I never had any problems once I removed it.

Because they can make your tag hard to read (especially by the red light cameras), I think police everywhere are trained to spot those things and give you a hard time.

Last edited by socketz67; 11-17-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Getting smart with cops is never the answer even if they are complete jerks. I've never gotten a ticket for speeding or etc with my vehicle cause I feed the cop's ego.

They feel like they are the absolute sheet when they pull you over and if you act apologetic and don't try to act more boss than them with a comment like "its just a clear cover" then they usually feel their ego is satisfied and just go.

I accidentally drove with an expired registration for 4 months and got pulled over for it. I lured the cop into thinking how ignorant I was and etc...It saved me $250 and he agreed not to tow my car away. Obviously I got an inspection and new registration the next day.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:52 PM
To be honest guys I wasn't being such a smart mouth to the cops who pulled me over. I actually just take a guess because he ask me. Yes maybe I was wrong for having clear license plate cover. I wasnt mad because they pulled me over/ asking uncessary questions and end up getting fix it ticket. I Talked to my uncle who is Police officer lll he said "yes they ask you questions to lure you if your making up story or not" But he said "after they got your License and registration its unlawful to ask you "Is this your car and WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR CAR"... He wants me to file a complaint but I just said maybe I let this one go.

PS. the fix it ticket that cop wrote me was a wrong violation code. I went to the CHP and when Im about pay it the cashier told me its wrong code and I need to wait if the cops review his copy and change it to the right code. They will send me the right ticket if I did not received by Dec 27 I don't need to pay anything.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Racial Profiling