Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 07:10 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ hahah didnt even notice, so this 5000th post is dedicated to you sir! lol

The following users liked this post:
vqsmile (01-20-2013)
Old 02-02-2013, 12:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry I forgot to post a pic is there a way to do it from mobile?

Update - I think it's bearings or bushings like you guys said I'm going Tuesday to get it checked will let you guys know. (The noise is scary now)

Old 02-05-2013, 04:40 PM
Hey guys its the wheel bearing. I wanted to ask - on the g35x 2007 model sedan - the wheel bearing + hub assembly part only costs 200 right? And 400 for a pair for the front. Right? Also how much is a fair price for labor on replacing one side? I was quoted 400 for 1 side replacement it sounds pricey to me.

Old 02-05-2013, 06:19 PM
Anyone?

Old 02-05-2013, 06:22 PM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Labor shouldn't cost $400 for one side....I got this done before under warranty but they were going to charge me $400 total for one side (parts plus labor)...

What I suggest is to go to an indy shop and have it done. It would be much cheaper! Plus, the labor should only be about 1-1.5 hours per side so at most it should be 3 hours labor and Infiniti dealers charge $125 per hour, so it should be a total of $375 for labor for both sides at the dealer...with parts it should be about $800.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 02-05-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Thank you. He was charging me $400 for 1 side parts and labor. So I guess it's fair.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by Dryad
Thank you. He was charging me $400 for 1 side parts and labor. So I guess it's fair.
You can save a great deal of money by buying the parts online and then going to an indy shop. I assume you are in no urgent need to get this replaced.

The parts should only cost $143 each for the bearing: http://www.infinitipartsusa.com/Item...153-140249.htm
Labor should be three hours tops, so I would say that in an ind shop with $80 per hour it should be $240+$280= $520 total for both front bearings replaced. $800 is way too much.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 02-05-2013 at 11:47 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:50 PM
Thank you very much every one. I had it replaced with an oil change for $400. No more dub step music coming from the front left side. Now I just need some tires thank you very much much for your help.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
As for the airbag, that is exactly my problem. My airbag light would turn on and off even after a heavy person sat in the passenger seat. The dealer reluctantly replaced my seat cushion but the problem never came back. I recorded a video and showed my service advisor the airbag problem and told him that this is a safety issue. If airbags don't deploy in an accident it could seriously injure my passenger.

If you like quiet touring/sport tires with very good confidence in the rain or snow, I would recommend the Bridgestones or the Continental ExtremeContact DWS. I chose the Bridgestones since they have 75,000 miles treadlife warranty. They were much quieter and had better traction than the Eagle GT's...you can look at the reviews on TireRack for the tires. Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus just came out this past summer so it is a very new tire. I also live in the Northeast and drove from Boston to NJ during the winter storm three weeks ago and the tires handled beautifully and allowed me to drive faster than most vehicles on the interstate without slipping. It really tested my AWD system, and I'm proud to say it helps a lot. I picked up my tires from TownFairTire at a good price and had them price matched to Costho with their $100 off promotion during the summer last year. I think I paid a total of around $600 including mounting and balancing. They also do free lifetime rotations, flat repair, and road hazard warranty all for free.

As for the touch screen console dying...that's a problem I've never heard of before. It's possible that your HDD is going bad since hard drives do go bad when there's shock applied to it.

As for the next car, I believe it all depends on what you like. I personally think the new Infiniti Q50 is a nice car, as well as the 2014 Lexus IS, but so far, my 2007 G35x is still running perfectly smooth after 72k miles, albeit lots of warranty work done.
I am going to take your advice and go for the Turanza Serenity Plus. from costco.

thanks! i asked on forum about tires but you had answered my question 5 months ago!

Old 07-14-2013, 11:21 PM
I am going to take your advice and go for the Turanza Serenity Plus. from costco.

thanks! i asked on forum about tires but you had answered my question 5 months ago!
Still have these tires, and they're still amazing after a year of usage! =) Treadwear is great and still drives like new. I have so much confidence in the rain with these, even though heavy puddles on the freeway.

I used TownFairTire and had them price match to Costco when it had their $100 off a set of 4 Bridgestones. They also offer the same services for free and the waiting time for tire rotation is much shorter than Costco.

I did have a slight whine (very small) at 50 mph on these tires for a while since new, but once my tires were rotated after 7500 miles, the noise went away, so it was probably the lug nuts not being torqued correctly.

But before you buy, maybe you should check out the Pilot Sport A/S 3 from Michelin. It was JUST released this month and supposedly has great reviews too! They're rated ultra-high performance all season tire for W or Y rated tires and high performance all season tires for H and V rated tires.

http://blog.tirerack.com/blog/docs-a...and-were-ready
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....Speed+Rated%29
http://www.europeancarweb.com/tech/1...ot_sport_as_3/

If I were shopping for tires now, I may be leaning towards the Michelin, although I'm perfectly happy with my Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus's.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 07-14-2013 at 11:34 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:09 AM
Just checked that place townfairtire and they don't have the bridgestones. :/ I think I might go with the bridgestones cause Costco has a promotion for $70 bucks off when you buy 4 tires going on right now

Old 07-15-2013, 10:30 AM
Just checked that place townfairtire and they don't have the bridgestones. :/ I think I might go with the bridgestones cause Costco has a promotion for $70 bucks off when you buy 4 tires going on right now
They have the tires. You just need to call and have them place an order for you.

Also, you can go to any Firestone and they will probably beat the Costco price even after the $70 discount and will give you the same warranty features. Firestone gave me a HUGE discount, but I already bought the tires from TownFairTire already. Firestone and Bridgestone are the same company now, so you can probably save more by going to Firestone.

If I went through Firestone, I would have only had to pay $550 total for all the tires including mounting and balancing.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
They have the tires. You just need to call and have them place an order for you.

Also, you can go to any Firestone and they will probably beat the Costco price even after the $70 discount and will give you the same warranty features. Firestone gave me a HUGE discount, but I already bought the tires from TownFairTire already. Firestone and Bridgestone are the same company now, so you can probably save more by going to Firestone.

If I went through Firestone, I would have only had to pay $550 total for all the tires including mounting and balancing.

Oh what? Really? I didn't know they were the same company. I will have to check that out. I somehow ended up in a crappy situation and a tight budget. Thanks for you cost saving tips I really owe you one

Old 07-15-2013, 07:08 PM
Oh what? Really? I didn't know they were the same company. I will have to check that out. I somehow ended up in a crappy situation and a tight budget. Thanks for you cost saving tips I really owe you one
Yeah you should have them either price match to Costco and ask if they can beat it. Bridgestone bought out firestone quite a while back, although firestone is not indicative of Bridgestone.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:12 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
^^ FWIW, I'd gladly pay any small difference in price between FIrestone and Costco just to have my car worked on by Costco's tire techs and NOT (never, ever, ever!!) FIRESTONE's. I have personally had bad experiences in the past, and I have heard and read countless accounts from others about their poor performance. Obviously, YMMV, but I thought I'd throw it out there for you to consider none the less.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 2007 sedan creaking and womping