G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

on screen clock

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 07:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
on screen clock

I live in BC and am on Pacific time. The only way I can get proper clock reading (daylight savings time is ok) is to set my clock to Mountain Time (an hour later). Anyone know why this is or how I can change it? Thanks.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:08 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Well if it's an hour off, than wouldn't fixing the daylight savings time setting (even if you say it's okay) bring it back inline?

Old 04-16-2013, 11:17 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by lansur
I live in BC and am on Pacific time. The only way I can get proper clock reading (daylight savings time is ok) is to set my clock to Mountain Time (an hour later). Anyone know why this is or how I can change it? Thanks.
I'm assuming this is on the NAV screen and NOT the actual clock, right? Did you RTFM to see if all the settings are correct? If it's just off an hour it sounds too suspiciously like the DST setting, or something equally simple, is off.

btw, if it is the actual clock you are referring to then you really need to RTFM; the clock is set seperately by buttons immediately underneath it.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:54 PM
onscreen clock

Thanks. You assume correctly. It is the onscreen navi clock, not the analog clock. And (why I referred to daylight savings) the problem is independent of daylight savings mode. I have daylight savings on as I have for the past 4 years, but this year is the first that I have had to change my time zone - from Pacific to Mountain - so that the clock reads correctly. This is not a big problem but a problem nonetheless, which could be indicative of other Navi problems. Perhaps a Navi update - which I am loathe to pay for - would solve the problem???

Old 04-17-2013, 12:00 AM
(for vqsmile) I always RTFM!! And I thought I made it clear that the DST was set. Did you RMFP?

Old 04-17-2013, 03:04 AM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by lansur
(for vqsmile) I always RTFM!! And I thought I made it clear that the DST was set. Did you RMFP?
Sorry, then you are apparently one of the rare few who do. I did read it, but it was somewhat vague regarding the reference to a "clock reading", rather than a time display. Given that, and the overwhelming odds toward the simple being the norm here, I do hope you can understand my apparent haste in response. That said, my G doesn't have NAV, and it's been some time since I set the time in the one that does which I have access to. I think I'll take a look again and refresh what's involved. In the mean time, what is the location that shows up for your G ? I mean, does it (correctly) know where it is? or does it think you are in Colorado or something?

Last edited by vqsmile; 04-17-2013 at 03:09 AM.