G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Suggestions on what to add to add fun factor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 12:58 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Suggestions on what to add to add fun factor

Finally divorced and now debating on selling the G35X for a Porsche Boxster S since I have money and not necessarily a need for my 4 door G. I love the car, but not sure it if will fit my fun factor enough or if I should just sell and move on. Currently I own a Toyota Sequoia and the G. I would like to sell both and consolidate into one, but not sure one vehicle will fit what I want. I feel I need a truck to haul my dirtbike and mountain bike.

The G is great because it works as a work car which I use it daily but I have the Sequoia I can use for work. Want the fun factor car for weekend trips and daily driver when I want and since I live in AZ almost any vehicle can fit the bill. My GX is stock with the exception of TSW wheels. Debating on if adding some things to it such as; test pipes, intake and some sway bars might add some fun to the car. Really looking for a car that has pep (looking for more pep than my stock G) and fun to drive since I take off on weekends to Vegas, Mexico, CA.

I also love the 4 door Jeep Wrangers and it is more versitile but fuel economy sucks but it doubles hauling my dirt bike and mountain bike. I think it would be fun and functional as a primary vehicle but still not sure it would be great as my sole car. And for some reason I really like the 4 door jeeps, just not the 2 door jeeps.

Suggestions? Input?

Old 08-08-2013, 02:01 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
Definitely do it! Sounds like you can afford to buy one practical vehicle and one fun vehicle. Don't get compromises in either! Actually, your Sequoia can be that practical car. I don't think the G is fun enough to be the other. Plenty to choose from, including the Boxster S.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:49 PM
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
As much as I am a fan of the G Sedan. In your situation, I would let the G go and get something else, Boxster S, used 911 or even used GTR. besides just having a new car, its also getting rid of the old and welcome new things.

I think the Sequoia is really your "do everything" vehicle, and your second car can be not-so-practical.

Or if you want just one car, maybe a Jeep SRT-8?? haha~

I am not a fan of divorce, beacuse its usually a mess and its just another way to make the lawyers rich, amount other things. But if getting out makes you a better man, I think you did the thing that you have to do.

Old 08-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Brand new soon to be released Corvette C7 would be a hot ticket for the price. Base model MSRPs for $52k, just read the recent R&T review w/ Tony Stewart doing the test and he came away from it totally blow away by it's performance. Much better seats and interior than the C6 and 0-60 in 3.9 sec.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:51 PM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
Sounds like you should keep the Toyota. All I can offer is TEST DRIVE different vehicles. There is something out there you will love. I drove a Boxster and it was ok. I was a passenger in a Carrera S and that was really fun. I drove an ISF and loved it. I dare not even sit inside a GTR. I could see myself getting a second job and selling drugs and *** on the corner to buy one.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My only input is if you decide to part with the G PLEASE do NOT get a Boxter or Boxter S. Get a real Porsche like a 911/Carerra.

Old 08-09-2013, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by dukehotty
Sounds like you should keep the Toyota. All I can offer is TEST DRIVE different vehicles. There is something out there you will love. I drove a Boxster and it was ok. I was a passenger in a Carrera S and that was really fun. I drove an ISF and loved it. I dare not even sit inside a GTR. I could see myself getting a second job and selling drugs and *** on the corner to buy one.
I agree. Love the GTR but some of those vehicles I would be nervous to ever park anywhere. At least I want to keep my self at bay with a car I enjoy yet don't feel extremely freaked out leaving in a parking lot.

Old 08-09-2013, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by JDWUSMC
My only input is if you decide to part with the G PLEASE do NOT get a Boxter or Boxter S. Get a real Porsche like a 911/Carerra.
You must be part of the Porsche community that doesn't believe a Boxster S is a real Porsche? I understand your logic, but still like the S model. Personally I don't believe a Hummer H3 is really a Hummer. More like a Tonka toy for those who want the name. I get it.

Old 08-09-2013, 10:39 AM
I say go with a Cayman S. To me, it's the best looking Porsche out there and it's no slouch on performance either (like a boxster ).

EDIT: I just looked at the Boxster on the Porsche site. WOW! Looks amazing now and just 10 HP less than the Cayman S. If you really want a drop top roadster then this would be my choice. Otherwise...Cayman S.

Last edited by Sweet Lew; 08-09-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:12 PM
The Boxster S performs well. I do like the Cayman as well but about same performance stats. I will need to drive them both and see.

Old 08-10-2013, 12:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boxster S or Cayman S for sure. Anyone that says a Boxster or Cayman is not a real Porsche has never owned one. Mid engined FTW!