G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Cruise control SET button not working at all?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 06:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise control SET button not working at all?

I have not used CC in quite some time; when it was still colder my TPMS light was on and I tried using CC that morning and it could not activate. I would press "ON" and CRUISE would display but when I tried to toggle to SET it did nothing at all. I figured the system would not allow it to activate b/c a tire was low or something. Never actually looked that up tho..

Since then I have filled the tire with air, light went off but still not CC. The word CRUISE will always display but the SET button does not work.

Any thoughts? I do not have adaptive and checked fuses but could not find a CC specific one in the foot well nor under the hood. It used to work but I recall when I got the car the ON/OFF button was sticky and required a couple presses to get it on; now it works fine and the other is messed up.

Thanks everyone. Car will go in soon for the trans/diff/transfer case service so if I can't get it fixed by then I may have the dealer look. Luckily it's more annoying than anything else.

Old 04-05-2016, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
So you can't get it to hold speed, or the button doesn't work at all? My set light is delayed coming on after my remote start install.

Old 04-05-2016, 12:22 PM
Both ya; so I turn it on, toggle to SET and then wait for the word to appear so I can let off the gas and the car begins to slow when I let off the gas. I have tried letting off the gas while still toggling up to SET but it also drops speed. Very annoying..

Old 04-05-2016, 01:04 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by 08STLX
I have not used CC in quite some time; when it was still colder my TPMS light was on and I tried using CC that morning and it could not activate. I would press "ON" and CRUISE would display but when I tried to toggle to SET it did nothing at all. I figured the system would not allow it to activate b/c a tire was low or something. Never actually looked that up tho..

Since then I have filled the tire with air, light went off but still not CC. The word CRUISE will always display but the SET button does not work.

Any thoughts? I do not have adaptive and checked fuses but could not find a CC specific one in the foot well nor under the hood. It used to work but I recall when I got the car the ON/OFF button was sticky and required a couple presses to get it on; now it works fine and the other is messed up.

Thanks everyone. Car will go in soon for the trans/diff/transfer case service so if I can't get it fixed by then I may have the dealer look. Luckily it's more annoying than anything else.
I had this exact same issue. The dealership fixed it under warranty before it expired. I just looked back at the invoice and it says they adjusted the brake pedal switch. This makes perfect sense, because the second you touch the brakes, you deactivate your cruise setting, so if it thinks you're holding the brakes, it won't ever set. There are two switches on the brake pedal, one for the brake lights, and the other (ASCD) is for cruise control and some other stuff. The adjustment procedure is in the repair manual:

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Sedan/2008/BR.pdf (see pages BR-8 to BR-11)

The following users liked this post:
dsunz (05-31-2016)
Old 04-06-2016, 07:19 AM
Originally Posted by vqsmile
I had this exact same issue. The dealership fixed it under warranty before it expired. I just looked back at the invoice and it says they adjusted the brake pedal switch. This makes perfect sense, because the second you touch the brakes, you deactivate your cruise setting, so if it thinks you're holding the brakes, it won't ever set. There are two switches on the brake pedal, one for the brake lights, and the other (ASCD) is for cruise control and some other stuff. The adjustment procedure is in the repair manual:

My man, that is AMAZING! Thank you for that! I will get on that this weekend and report back!

Old 04-06-2016, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Originally Posted by vqsmile

Well then... I'll thank you when I get home, and it's about time of year to get lubing everything anyways!

Can't thank from app .