G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

need help with a few things

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 02:52 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
need help with a few things

I've had my ride since late '09 - 07 G35S with every available option, including AWS. I've recently developed a few minor issues that I'd like to do something about.

1. rear door switch plastic is scratched. I know, this is a regular/known problem. Just wondering if I should get the '08 replacements from somewhere (ebay?) or sand them and plastidip them.

2. The small aluminum trim right below the CF card area and right above the ashtray is slightly scratched. it bugs me. It looks like a separate piece that might be able to be replaced. So is it replaceable? and where do I find it. Couldn't find it at infinitiparts. I "THINK" I saw it as part of a trim replacement kit on ebay, but don't need the rest of it.

3. My brake pedal is suddenly making a small squeak/noise. Almost sounds like a "woosh" noise rather than a squeak. Anyone experienced this? It's very quiet, and if the radio is on, you probably wouldn't hear it. It's bugging the **** outta me

4. I just started noticing that the front struts/springs might be squeaking. They're definitely stock and original, with 100k on them. Squeaking = going bad/need replaced? or normal? It's not bad and I only hear it when going very slow/windows down/radio off.

5. big one: I have the 6MT. The clutch has ALWAYS been noisy. I had the entire transmission replaced under warranty 6 months after getting the car or so. However, it seems that the clutch is getting noisier. It has a significant rattle when shutting the car off if I don't have the clutch pedal pressed in when powering down. It SOUNDS like the throw out bearing (which was replaced before I bought it), but I have no idea. Anyone with the G35S 6MT have this obnoxious noise? It's also noisy when idling. The clutch feels fine, as does the pedal during normal driving. I have no error codes or other issues at this moment. (besides a bad clutch reservoir cap which is on order and currently held on by wire ties and copious amounts of duct tape )

6: driver's side window is a little sticky going down. it hangs up right at the start and then goes down fine. the hotter it is, the worse this is.

Last edited by dookie; 07-27-2016 at 05:27 PM.
Old 07-29-2016, 09:07 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
anyone? did I ask too many questions at once?