Uprev tune with Seymore - G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Uprev tune with Seymore

Reply

 
 
 
  #1  
Old 01-10-2018, 04:13 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 46
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Uprev tune with Seymore

have any you guys done the e tune with seymore4? Howd it go and any feedbacks? Looking to tune in a week or so
 
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-10-2018, 06:30 AM
Blue Dream's Avatar
I drove ttrank's car solo
iTrader: (50)
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: By the sea, Tx
Posts: 17,463
Thanked 1,328 Times in 1,087 Posts
He's a proven tuner here on the forum, do it and don't look back. I promise he'll take good care of you and you will be very happy with the results.
 
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blue Dream For This Useful Post:
seymore4 (01-10-2018)
  #3  
Old 01-10-2018, 10:16 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 436
Thanked 61 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream View Post
He's a proven tuner here on the forum, do it and don't look back. I promise he'll take good care of you and you will be very happy with the results.
X's 2, he did my original etune and was great to work with.
 
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Peoria35sedan For This Useful Post:
seymore4 (01-10-2018)
  #4  
Old 01-10-2018, 02:13 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 46
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
thanks guys! Will be tuning in a week or so! I cant wait!
 
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-10-2018, 11:19 PM
ScraggleRock's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6,781
Thanks: 0
Thanked 710 Times in 603 Posts
X3

Great guy, great tune. Works with you at whatever pace you wanna work.

He'll ask you what mods you have, create a base tune for you, then you upload it and do some 0-60 runs and a couple hwy pulls (with your comp connected to your ECU of course), then you send him the info and he adjusts the A/F and gives you a new file to upload. You usually go back and forth like that about 3 times for fine tuning, but like I said, you can do it all in one day, or over a few weeks. Super cool guy and great with answering questions quickly and in detail.
 
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ScraggleRock For This Useful Post:
seymore4 (01-11-2018)
  #6  
Old 01-11-2018, 05:08 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 46
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock View Post
X3

Great guy, great tune. Works with you at whatever pace you wanna work.

He'll ask you what mods you have, create a base tune for you, then you upload it and do some 0-60 runs and a couple hwy pulls (with your comp connected to your ECU of course), then you send him the info and he adjusts the A/F and gives you a new file to upload. You usually go back and forth like that about 3 times for fine tuning, but like I said, you can do it all in one day, or over a few weeks. Super cool guy and great with answering questions quickly and in detail.
Thanks! I just talked to him and in a week or so I shall pay for the tune. He had also agreed to make me a flame map too! Sounds dumb but I think itd be cool
 
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-11-2018, 09:27 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 86
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Very cool, keep us updated. Ideally you would want to pay a visit to the 1/4 mile track before and after, but i suppose seat of the pants feel is probably more important anyways
 
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-11-2018, 10:16 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 46
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Serge Mullen View Post
Very cool, keep us updated. Ideally you would want to pay a visit to the 1/4 mile track before and after, but i suppose seat of the pants feel is probably more important anyways
Yeah my butt dyno will show gains lol. So Im stuck in a dilemma, my current front bumper is peeling, should I get a new front bumper or repaint and add a lip?Plus I have no idea where I can find the ipl bumper for my car and I cant find the sports bumper for my car, and yes I did google. Can yall guide me?
 
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-12-2018, 12:56 AM
ScraggleRock's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6,781
Thanks: 0
Thanked 710 Times in 603 Posts
The tune isn't really even about power (although you will get power), it's about the insane amount of added drivability. For instance, stock tune doesn't like revving pasts ~4.5k..it feels very "tight" and wound up. Post tune, it LOVES to rev all the way to redline. It really makes it feel like a MUCH higher end machine. Soooo smooth and responsive. It's something I suggest even for people who have no mods.
 
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ScraggleRock For This Useful Post:
seymore4 (01-12-2018)
  #10  
Old 01-12-2018, 04:11 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 46
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock View Post
The tune isn't really even about power (although you will get power), it's about the insane amount of added drivability. For instance, stock tune doesn't like revving pasts ~4.5k..it feels very "tight" and wound up. Post tune, it LOVES to rev all the way to redline. It really makes it feel like a MUCH higher end machine. Soooo smooth and responsive. It's something I suggest even for people who have no mods.
Yeah thats what I heard about tuning too. Im so excited for the throttle response to be better and how smooth itll drive! Also a economy map would be useful too as I drive sometimes far.
 
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-12-2018, 04:33 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (7)
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 660
Thanked 37 Times in 32 Posts
Seymore4 is a great guy to work with. I've been running around on just his generic base tune for a year now since I have an 03 coupe and the ecu doesn't log wideband air fuel the same as the later cars, but I'm very happy with it. I'll be datalogging with my Innovate wideband soon and he can finally finish my etune. I'm really looking forward to it.
 
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EPiK For This Useful Post:
seymore4 (01-13-2018)
  #12  
Old 01-14-2018, 04:02 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 66
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Sounds like both are good options. I am also looking to get tuned. Will I simply need to purchase the license and then start with them? Should I get wideband sensors?
 
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-15-2018, 08:56 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 86
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock View Post
The tune isn't really even about power (although you will get power), it's about the insane amount of added drivability. For instance, stock tune doesn't like revving pasts ~4.5k..it feels very "tight" and wound up. Post tune, it LOVES to rev all the way to redline. It really makes it feel like a MUCH higher end machine. Soooo smooth and responsive. It's something I suggest even for people who have no mods.
I'm sure it will improve driveability, but I've never known an HR not to like to rev. I mean that's the whole point... high rev

With mine it likes it almost too much, you have to learn how to get it to ride the torque down low starting from 3500 and then feel the swell
 
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Serge Mullen For This Useful Post:
Triton3.5 (01-20-2018)
  #14  
Old 01-15-2018, 10:13 PM
ScraggleRock's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6,781
Thanks: 0
Thanked 710 Times in 603 Posts
Originally Posted by Serge Mullen View Post
I'm sure it will improve driveability, but I've never known an HR not to like to rev. I mean that's the whole point... high rev

With mine it likes it almost too much, you have to learn how to get it to ride the torque down low starting from 3500 and then feel the swell
Ah, yes, I have a DE tho, so a little less sophisticated. The way seymore4 has it tuned tho, it feels exactly like you describe. Holding at 3500 and then pedal to the floor is an absolute pleasure now, whereas that wasn't necessarily the case before. Before it felt like a time bomb after 5500.
 
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-19-2018, 04:20 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 46
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Just paid the man, waiting until Monday so he can get the arc license with the cables and ship them to me. Im 5AT but rolling antilag sounds cool and burnout mode will be such fun.
Im looking to get 5 maps. Performance, stock , economy, flame map and idk what to choose for the last one. What maps do you guys have on your cars?
 
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Uprev tune with Seymore


Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: