G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler

Old 01-27-2018, 10:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler

Anyone bought this? it is within my price range, so just wondering how good it is. How's the quality? And is it easy to install; do i need to drill any holes?

CARBON FIBER HIGH KICK REAR TRUNK SPOILER FITS FOR 2007-2015 G35 G37 Q40 SEDAN
https://www.ebay.com/itm/CARBON-FIBE...1Yiu9M&vxp=mtr

Old 01-28-2018, 06:47 PM
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Can not deny Carbon fiber's good looks, however I don't know of ANY spoiler that's NOT bolted on, so I would think you'd have to drill. could be wrong though, also, I would think genuine CF would be more expensive than that particular spoiler.....

Old 02-04-2018, 11:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Dam looks clean i am interested in this but im too scared to drill holes into my G :\

Old 02-05-2018, 11:32 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Drilling holes is easy, using a portaband and a plasma torch are when things get tricky Make sure to follow your template for the new spoiler, clean the whole deck THOROUGHLY, tape the area with wide painters tape (blue tape) THOROUGHLY, drill with the clutch turned on so when it binds it won't torque and twist the metal in wierd ways, start with a small pilot and step your way up, don't just jump from 1/8 to 3/8 bits when the clutch on your drill breaks torque due to a burr you can let off the trigger and physically spin the drill in a 360 circle to break off burrs a LOT easier than trying to power through it by taking the drill off of clutch mode.

You can practice on an old piece of metal cookware like a stainless pot, use cutting fluid, I prefer rapidtap PASTE. It holds on the bit and doesn't make a big mess, been using it a long time now with excellent results.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/RELTON-08...&wl13=&veh=sem

Old 02-06-2018, 12:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Drilling holes is easy, using a portaband and a plasma torch are when things get tricky Make sure to follow your template for the new spoiler, clean the whole deck THOROUGHLY, tape the area with wide painters tape (blue tape) THOROUGHLY, drill with the clutch turned on so when it binds it won't torque and twist the metal in wierd ways, start with a small pilot and step your way up, don't just jump from 1/8 to 3/8 bits when the clutch on your drill breaks torque due to a burr you can let off the trigger and physically spin the drill in a 360 circle to break off burrs a LOT easier than trying to power through it by taking the drill off of clutch mode.

You can practice on an old piece of metal cookware like a stainless pot, use cutting fluid, I prefer rapidtap PASTE. It holds on the bit and doesn't make a big mess, been using it a long time now with excellent results.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/RELTON-08...&wl13=&veh=sem
THANK YOU! Really appreciate the useful details!

Old 02-15-2018, 04:54 PM
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by joesmithf1
Anyone bought this? it is within my price range, so just wondering how good it is. How's the quality? And is it easy to install; do i need to drill any holes?

CARBON FIBER HIGH KICK REAR TRUNK SPOILER FITS FOR 2007-2015 G35 G37 Q40 SEDAN
https://www.ebay.com/itm/CARBON-FIBE...1Yiu9M&vxp=mtr

From look at the photo, seems like its applied via 3M Automotive Double Side Tape.

Old 02-15-2018, 05:01 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Originally Posted by stockae92
From look at the photo, seems like its applied via 3M Automotive Double Side Tape.
They say that stuff is magical but I don't trust it... It would literally be your clearcoat/paint holding on a spoiler that actually does apply downforce to a vehicle capable of travelling 160mph...

Old 02-15-2018, 05:16 PM
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
They say that stuff is magical but I don't trust it... It would literally be your clearcoat/paint holding on a spoiler that actually does apply downforce to a vehicle capable of travelling 160mph...
not disagreeing.

but if the spoiler doesn't have the mounting stud for drilled install, then maybe the installation is the same as a stick-on stamp

i have never reached 160mph in my G, nor do i have a stick on spoiler

My experience with the 3M sticker is that i used them to stick some Philip day light running LED on my Odyssey 6 years ago, summer heat, rain, cold, snow, car wash, those LED light never moved. Having said that, its not for down force going 160 mph neither.

The following users liked this post:
cleric670 (02-15-2018)