Good & Honest Mechanic in the NY/NJ area for Infiniti G's - G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Good & Honest Mechanic in the NY/NJ area for Infiniti G's

Old 05-17-2018, 02:22 PM

Good & Honest Mechanic in the NY/NJ area for Infiniti G's

Hello everyone, so I have been looking diligently for a used G35x (2007-2008, to be specific) to buy. I've done a lot of research and even test drove some G35s'. The thing is, I am not mechanically trained so there is only so much I can do by personally inspecting the car. Since I am buying a 10 year old used car, I am definitely going to have a PPI (have a professional mechanic inspect the used Infiniti I would like to buy) before I actually but the car in order to keep me safe from buying a lemon. I have done many online searches and have tried to look through the forums for a mechanic in the NY/NJ area that knows the ins and outs of Infinitis' but to no avail. I honestly could not find one reputable source/forum/or person that could recommend me:

1. An honest mechanic--someone who will charge me a fair price for a PPI and a fair price for future repairs I will need once I do own my own Infiniti G35.
2. A good mechanic that knows the ins and outs of Infinitis' -- someone who knows what they're doing.
3. A mechanic that does pre-purchase inspections.

If anyone knows a mechanic like this (either independent or at a shop) please I will be forever grateful. Looking forward to my long-driving career with Infiniti!

P.S. I am from Queens, NY.