G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

clutch slipping

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2018 | 11:54 PM
|
clutch slipping

I have a 110k g35 sport 6 MT 2007 4 door sedan. The car is usually a long distance car on generally straight roads with very little heavy traffic/city drives. Recently, going into 2nd and 3rd gear i feel like there is a little bit of slipping. seriously EVER SO SLIGHTLY the RPM's jump up and down a little. The clutch still feels tight and does not feel loose when pushed all the way down. I am not the 1st owner so I am not sure of when, if ever, the clutch/flywheel had been replaced before. In addition to this, when my car starts there is a slight rattling sound. Sometimes when I press the clutch down fully i hear a whirring sound but no burning smoking smell. I was told that this might be because of the throwout bearing on my particular model. There doesn't seem to be any leakage of fluid from the clutch so i THINK the clutch slave is intact but the fluid could definitely use a flush.

My question is there anything i should do prior to taking it in to get inspected? I was planning on getting an EF,XTR or Valeo clutch kit off ebay and bringing it in. Should i wait for them to do a diagnosis or do i need to have the parts when they look at the car? I'm not 100% sure that the throwout bearing is the reason for the car making that rattling sound either, so i am hesitant in buying another throwout bearing too. Also, any info about which stage clutch would be best for a daily car because those stages are a little confusing. THANKS!

Any insight would be great as this is my first MT car that I have needed to replace the clutch system and i really enjoy this car too ^O^

Last edited by Heavenlee; 06-12-2018 at 12:15 AM.
Old 06-12-2018 | 12:28 PM
BANNED!!!
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Premier Member
Look for oil leaking at the engine/transmission seam, might be a rear main seal failed. Get out on the highway, preferrable a slight incline, put it in 5th or 6th gear and stomp the gas wide open throttle. Watch for the rpms to jump, it might stay high or it might jump and then come back down, if it comes back down it could be a glazed clutch or contaminated with oil from a leaking RMS or tranny input shaft seal. You should see the fluid leaking slightly if it's from a bad seal.

Old 06-12-2018 | 12:57 PM
BANNED!!!
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Premier Member
Look for oil leaking at the engine/transmission seam, might be a rear main seal failed. Get out on the highway, preferrable a slight incline, put it in 5th or 6th gear and stomp the gas wide open throttle. Watch for the rpms to jump, it might stay high or it might jump and then come back down, if it comes back down it could be a glazed clutch or contaminated with oil from a leaking RMS or tranny input shaft seal. You should see the fluid leaking slightly if it's from a bad seal.