G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Suggestion for the site, because this doesn't make any sense...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 10:14 AM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MB The Body
Classy bunch you guys are.
That last sentence targets whom exactly?

It has already been explained why the site is organized as it is. Do we really need to change everything now that we have new 07 Sedan owners that want to be insular and stick to a single forum? That doesn't make much sense to me.

Originally Posted by MB The Body
I make a suggestion most agree with and then you make fun of me.
I'm sorry. I must have missed the poll. I wasn't aware that most agree with you.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:27 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Old 03-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I just made a poll so we'll see. It really makes no sense. There just shouldn't be a Picture Share forum. You keep each specific car's content "on topic" and in its own forum. That way if I want to see G35 Coupe I know where to look, if I want G35 Sedan I know where to look, and if I want to see 2007 G35 Sedan I know where to look.

It's the best way to keep each type of poster happy.

There will be the people who only want to see one specific type of car. This takes care of them.

There will be the people who like to see all of the cars Infiniti has to offer and it takes care of them as well. Rather then rummaging through a generalized mismatched forum they just go to each car separately. That way they end up with more content from each.

I've been on many car forums now, and this is the only one that takes on topic pictures and moves them to a general picture forum.

Old 03-15-2007, 11:20 AM
Wow classic. You tell me you don't see a poll. I make a poll. 2 seconds later it's gone.

So on G35driver.com we promote a "my way or the highway" theme. If you have a suggestion you can make it. Then it can be made fun of and not changed, because the admins always know best.

LOL

Old 03-15-2007, 11:25 AM
I made the poll again. How about we don't delete it and we see what the people want. Isn't that the point of a forum anyway?

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v36-2007-08/145123-poll-how-do-you-want-view-your-2007-g35-sedan-content.html

The user's make the forum, not the admins who want to keep things the way they are (for better or worse).

Listen to the users, because they are what make a forum community good. I know this because I post on a forum that has good members. The admins are approachable and listen.

Old 03-15-2007, 11:25 AM
And it was deleted in less then 1 minute. How about the admin's give the poll a chance so we can actually see what people like?

Old 03-15-2007, 11:26 AM
So what can you post in the 07 forum if your cant pictures or questions about products ie "stillen exhaust" example???

Old 03-15-2007, 11:27 AM
That's a good question sigh

Old 03-15-2007, 11:29 AM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm all for the idea of keeping information structured and organized. I think I've made that clear.

But why delete the guy's polls? That does seem to be heavy handed to me.

Old 03-15-2007, 11:36 AM
I tried one more time....
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145127

Screen shot here (in case it's deleted):

Old 03-15-2007, 11:56 AM
I think there should be a thread in the '07 section suggesting that the members come here, read this thread, and post their opinions. I KNOW this thread BELONGS here... but the fact of the matter is very few people are going to look in this section and find this thread. If they knew about it, I am willing to bet a lot of members would have a lot of interest in putting in their input. Just my opinion...

Old 03-15-2007, 11:59 AM
I agree with you completely. My poll should be in the suggestion forum, but if it was no one would see it... so I guess it's a catch 22

Old 03-15-2007, 01:59 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
You have to remember that this forum exists through the largess of the Admins. They are free to shape it in any way they see fit. This is not a democracy, except to the extent that you can vote with your fingers by clicking and leaving.

However, I thought it was chickenshiz that they deleted the poll.

Old 03-15-2007, 02:18 PM
Wow. . . this is a bit ridiculous. What a bunch of little turds.

Oh well now I know the truth about this place. . .

Old 03-15-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by Texasscout
You have to remember that this forum exists through the largess of the Admins. They are free to shape it in any way they see fit. This is not a democracy, except to the extent that you can vote with your fingers by clicking and leaving.

However, I thought it was chickenshiz that they deleted the poll.
Don't get me wrong. I know it's not a democracy, but if they like having users on their forum... it'd be wise to listen to what the users would prefer rather then belittle the users. I don't want to quit the forum since I'm excited about my new car (now just 5 weeks old), but I will quit the forum if they move posts to generic other forums because what is the use.

That'd be a shame, but if that's the way it's going to be.

Not to mention my suggestion makes only perfect sense. It's now 6 votes to 0 in favor for what I suggested.

Complaint #2 about this site. My post from the other day with pictures was moved without so much as a PM or e-mail. Now I know the admin's can do so without notice, but it wasn't like it was some gross content. Rather it was on topic content. Where is the common courtesy to tell me my thread has been moved, explain why it has moved, and let me know where it ended up. Come on!

How hard is that?

By the same token my poll was deleted twice and now moved. Again not so much as a PM or e-mail.

On the other forums I chat on if you have a post deleted, moved, etc. they give you the common courtesy. Is that really too much to ask for?

I want to share with the community and be a good asset to the community, but I'm not going to take the effort to find nice spots and take pictures of my car only to have some invisible puppet delete my post or move my post and then not even give me a shred of decency to tell me where it went.

Last edited by MB The Body; 03-15-2007 at 02:39 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Suggestion for the site, because this doesn't make any sense...