G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Suggestion for the site, because this doesn't make any sense...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 08:34 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by crypten
I truly can say I cannot find one false statement, or suggestion made in this entire post. You have pinpointed (or lack of) this entire issue in one single post. Always a pleasure reading your insight, and thoughts on things.
Wow. Thanks. Appreciate that. Especially from a coupe owner.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
It seems to me you're the one with the attitude because your particular suggestion isn't facilitating the changes you want.

Absolutely nothing wrong with suggesting changes. But they are after all suggestions, not commands.

Yup I had a hard time, finding crap. Yeah I "suggested" many things. But I didn't write War and Peace complaining about it when it didn't get done either.
Well actually my attitude stems from my post being moved without so much as a PM or e-mail. Again I will state that I know the moderators/admins don't have to do so and can move threads at their own will, but it just seems like the common courtesy wasn't there. Then I'm called a newbee. Ok lets say I am new, that's all the more reason to give me a PM or e-mail. I go out take some pictures of my car and excitedly post them up. I come back and check and the pictures are gone. I scratch my head, where did they go? They're on topic and I'm confused.

The attitude doesn't stem from my suggestion not making headway, because I only just suggested it today. Change doesn't happen over night, but it can start.

Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
I think the posts should be organized, and topical. Topical is going to be subjective, but I generally don't regard vehicle model/year/generation topical.

Suspension questions should go in the suspension section. If it's related to 07 sedans, then cross post a link to the original thread into the model specific section. Same thing goes for forced induction kits, drag racing, etc.

Now, there are obviously going to be things that pertain to the model itself and those topics should be placed in the correct section. For the 07 sedans, example topics might include questions about the nav, possibly interior panel removal questions, etc. I even consider vehicle-specific picture threads relevant.

What bothers me is the recurrence of the same topics again and again, that are relevant across g35's as a whole, in the various model-specific subsections. Questions about clutches, seat controls, exhausts, diffs, gasoline grades, etc etc etc, should be placed in the correct locations because other owners will benefit from the discussions.

But I admit certain topics can be confusing to categorize. A few weeks ago I asked a question about fitment of wheels and tires for a drag racing setup. Does that go in the drag racing section? The wheels/tires section? What about the first-gen sedan section? After all, the sedans have different fitment requirements than the coupes.
I know what you mean. I've been on forums for a long time now and sometimes it gets annoying to see reoccurring "newbee" posts, that said and I'm not disagreeing with you here I think you hit the needle on the head. You end up with many posts that can fit into many different categories where they would be relevant. The point I was trying to make was why not leave the post in the forum they originate. A suggestion was made about moving threads to where the mods/admins thought they'd be most appropriate but leaving behind a direct link to them in the forum or origination. That'd be a good solution. Simply moving thread that are again I stress on topic without notice seems unfair and simply wrong.

Now onto threads in the 07 section itself. I think the Stillen exhaust thread should have been homed to the intake/exhaust section. I think the threads about the h&r springs should have been placed in the suspension section. Otherwise, the 07 section will soon develop to be like the coupe section: a quagmire of topics that is difficult to index and search.

As for your poll results, those don't surprise me considering the sampling and target. I was being sarcastic when I originally referenced the not-yet-existing poll. I think a poll that targets all 40 some odd thousand members, across all years and models(remember, there's M and FX sections as well) might show different results. But then again I could be wrong. The majority of members are coupe owners, who by and large don't seem to have high regard for organized information IMO.
I actually disagree. I think most would agree with my point in the poll even if it's only taken on a small sample size to this point. On any other forum I've been on (not to say it's the end all be all and the only way) forums called: Engine, Suspension, Pictures, Brakes, etc. were all on a more generalized level. You would still have engine, suspension, pictures, brakes in the car specific forums as well. This had a best of both worlds effect.

The fact that you created the poll is fine with me, but the fact that you specifically targeted 2007 owners seems a bit...separatist to me, for lack of a better word. I get the impression that in asking 2007 owners what their preferences are, you are setting the expectation that as a group, you owners can follow a different set of rules than the rest.
I apologize in advance if it seems like my intention was only for the forum I chat on. That would make it seem as if I want a different set of rules for "me". For lack of a better way to say it. I want to see things pertaining to my car posted under the specific forum for my car, just like if I had a coupe, or a first gen sedan, etc.

But to be fair, the enforcement of thread placement is hardly even. If your original picture thread was moved, why haven't the two picture thread stickies in that same section yet been moved?
I noticed that as well.

In the end, I tend to agree with Jeff. Of course, this site is nothing without its members. But this site is first and foremost: free. If you want to support it, become a premier member. That might get you a little more traction, so to speak. Otherwise, you come off as a new member that wants to change the ways of things, ways that have served thousands of members over hundreds of thousands of posts for the past several years just fine.
I don't exactly feel like paying for the site to make it so my ideas and opinions will be taken seriously

I know I'm new, but sometimes new is good, sometimes new can bring in fresh ideas. You saw the other guy say something that almost came across as being I had to struggle to find things, you should too. My point was that it should be easy to navigate for all of us. New and old.

God I sound like an old fuddyduddy. I'm only 30, I promise.

Let me put it this way. When I purchased my(my son's actually) PS3 in November, I started to frequent ps3forums.com. That site has been around for a few years already, and I'm a newcomer. I don't particularly like several of the site's rules, but I don't consider it my place to try to affect change on those rules. Just different opinions, I guess.
I know what you mean. Normally you'd like to get your sea legs before you start swimming in the ocean, but I had multiple threads moved without notice for legitimate on topic posts and it seemed like the best thing to do was to come to the Suggestion forum before I keep posting.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:16 PM
ALL I am saying is, the thread relates to the topic of the section it is in, LEAVE it there. Almost EVERY new thread COULD go in multiple sections and be relevant. As long as it is relevant where it is, and that is where the thread starter put it, WHY move it? I just took a look at the threads in some various forums, and I can think of another place that almost EVERY one of them could/should be... it is completely too subjective. You could literally remove nearly every thread from the make/model sections if you wanted to. Again, I don't think we need to make any changes, just maybe be a little more "hands-off" and let go a little. I mean, how do you draw the line of what gets moved and what doesn't?

The pic threads belong in media share.
The suspension and wheels in those sections.
The negotiated price threads in the buying and leasing section.
Car washing (Zaino) threads in the washing and detailing section.
etc etc etc..........

How do you justify which ones you move and which ones you don't? Why not make it easier, and if it pertains to the make and model.... leave it?

Old 03-15-2007, 09:23 PM
1 more thing... by moving the thread or requiring it be posted in a section other than where the threadstartes intended audience is just creates MORE threads thus taking up more bandwith/server space.

For instance: Max2k1 thread getting moved from the 07 forum, so he started ANOTHER thread in the 07 forum directing people to his pictures; much like MB The Body had to do. So, now instead of 2, we have 4 threads and scattered responses by people telling them they love their pics... How is that more organized?

Old 03-15-2007, 10:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hokiesean24
1 more thing... by moving the thread or requiring it be posted in a section other than where the threadstartes intended audience is just creates MORE threads thus taking up more bandwith/server space.

For instance: Max2k1 thread getting moved from the 07 forum, so he started ANOTHER thread in the 07 forum directing people to his pictures; much like MB The Body had to do. So, now instead of 2, we have 4 threads and scattered responses by people telling them they love their pics... How is that more organized?
This is what happens when MODs move threads around. More threads are created.

I wonder why there is still no response from the MODs to your comment hokiesean24?

Last edited by MY07G35SPN; 03-15-2007 at 10:55 PM.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:22 PM
Exactly ... thanks for finally pointing it out.

The one mod who made the suggestion. Make the thread in the picture share forum, then link to it from the 07 g35 sedan forum. I forgot to bring that back up.

If our main concern is organization. That's a backwards approach at seeking organization.

Case in point if the thread is on topic in the forum it's placed in, don't move it to another forum, because like you're getting at nearly every thread could be on topic in multiple forums.

As such if its on topic in the forum it's in, don't move it!

Old 03-16-2007, 12:17 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
You don't see it as a problem yet because the number of posts in the 07 section is relatively small compared to the lets say coupe section. Just a few weeks back, before the mods finally started cracking down on the posts in the wrong section, if you didn't come on for a few days, posts you were responding to were bumped back 2-3 pages because of posts in the wrong section. Things like oil discussions or which wax is best don't pertain to only one car. Its not like paint varies so much between models etc. Your posts haven't been deleted, they've been moved to the appropriate section. This only inconveniences you, because you have to go to another section, while posting in the wrong section inconveniences alot of other people because it bumps other people's threads that are on topic. Based on your logic, there shouldn't even be a sedan section, all the posts should just go in the same place, so its convienent for people who own both coupes and sedans, so they can view everything at the same time.

Old 03-16-2007, 01:33 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't understand what response you are looking for from an admin. The starter of this thread did receive an answer way back but it wasn't to his liking and continued to beat a dead horse with nothing constructive. Instead he chose it was open game to **** on the mods/admins of Driver. Where are yours and others who have gone this route manners.

This is a feedback and suggestion forum not a I'm pissed at the people running Driver forum which you managed to turn it into. Going through this thread I can only find a handfull of posts that follow what the subject of this thread is about. In reality those posts should be deleted but were left in the thead. We do not have a heavy hand here but rather let things flow as long as they are respectfull to one another and are in the proper forum.

Our country is based on laws/rules. The staff of Driver has made rules. They are enforced by the staff of Driver. For those who except a pm when a thread is moved you seemed to be pissed cause no one from the staff was stroking you or holding your hand, get a life. If you need a group hug that can be arranged. Pm's are sometimes sent out but with the volume and size of driver it's tough. The handful of you are just plain selfish and have no consideration to the other members of Driver. Only looking out for your interests. This is a large fourm by any standards and the staff has to look at the whole picture here not just a few malcontents.

On a positive note, your suggestion has brouht on a discussion with other members in a constructive way and there will be changes made in respect to the G35Sedan/07 forum. Will they be made over night, no, but they will be made. Will just one person make that change, no, changes are made as a group. Will MB The Body like the changes, no, but will have to live with it.

MB The Body, in my first response to you I had offered you to pm me, you chose not to and post up multiple threads with the same subject. You also have managed to **** of many long standing members of Driver ( they wouldn't post up here and become part of your fodder). You have also managed to put a spotlight on yourself with members of Driver and more important for you with the staff. No more multi posting of threads. No more whinning and crying on the public forums for you. To the mods, you don't have to be restrained anymore.

With all that said this thread is being locked down as it is not providing any purpose or direction. Any threads poping up along this line will be deleted also.

Old 03-16-2007, 01:37 AM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
It's because they like to see themselves in print. Behind the guise of fighting for the bretheren.

Originally Posted by O NO
MB The Body, in my first response to you I had offered you to pm me, you chose not to and post up multiple threads with the same subject. You also have managed to **** of many long standing members of Driver ( they wouldn't post up here and become part of your fodder). You have also managed to put a spotlight on yourself with members of Driver and more important for you with the staff. No more multi posting of threads. No more whinning and crying on the public forums for you. To the mods, you don't have to be restrained anymore.

With all that said this thread is being locked down as it is not providing any purpose or direction. Any threads poping up along this line will be deleted also.