G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Why are the mods now moving everything.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 02:38 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Why are the mods now moving everything.

This is more for the sedan section but is also valid for the coupe section as well so coupe guys please feel free to chime in.

We were all happy in the sedan section the way it was before. The sedan guys make up a small % of the members on here and making them take a bunch of time to go search through 100's of coupe threads to find a simple answer is not fair. I for one have a lot of sedan knowledge and for me to take the time and look around 10 other sections all the time for sedan guys with questions is not fair.

We have asked mods like trey hutcheson but he does not reply to our questions and just locks the threads.

Can someone in charge please ask the sedan mods to please stop moving all of our threads. At least leave them in for a week or so to get the answers they need and then move them. The forum was way better before this started.

Old 04-17-2007, 02:47 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ttrank
This is more for the sedan section but is also valid for the coupe section as well so coupe guys please feel free to chime in.

We were all happy in the sedan section the way it was before. The sedan guys make up a small % of the members on here and making them take a bunch of time to go search through 100's of coupe threads to find a simple answer is not fair. I for one have a lot of sedan knowledge and for me to take the time and look around 10 other sections all the time for sedan guys with questions is not fair.

We have asked mods like trey hutcheson but he does not reply to our questions and just locks the threads.

Can someone in charge please ask the sedan mods to please stop moving all of our threads. At least leave them in for a week or so to get the answers they need and then move them. The forum was way better before this started.

I agree I posted about a few parts I added one which is mainly for sedan guys and it got moved to tech area and F.I. and its a Suspension part! I mean if I wanted to post it there I would have now 75% or more of the sedan people will ever see it! I was getting Qs and comments about the stuff but now nothing since it was moved! And Im not just some newbie I have been here a while and post quietabit I have a good iTrader Rating so just know its not the newbies only its people that have been on the site for a while! I mean DAMN I was on this site before I got my car and Ended UP finding my car on here and buying it b/c of this site. I flew to Chicago from Houston to get it!

Last edited by Floyds_racing; 04-17-2007 at 02:50 PM.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:49 PM
Grocery getter

At least let us post the thread in the section it belongs and then put a link in the sedan section. But we get in trouble most of the time we put link threads up too.

Old 04-17-2007, 02:49 PM
RXM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Perfect example of why things are not posted in suspension forum: No one checks those forums or threads!

I've asked for help previously in a thread that was getting views...then bam....the thread dies and I never get anything answered! I'm sure this happens to a lot of people and then we have to end up PMing everyone! This accomplishes nothing b/c it doesn't help other people see the answer. RIDICULOUS!

Old 04-17-2007, 02:51 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by RXM
Perfect example of why things are not posted in suspension forum: No one checks those forums or threads!

I've asked for help previously in a thread that was getting views...then bam....the thread dies and I never get anything answered! I'm sure this happens to a lot of people and then we have to end up PMing everyone! This accomplishes nothing b/c it doesn't help other people see the answer. RIDICULOUS!

++++1

Old 04-17-2007, 03:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm a recently new owner of a sedan (just bought in December) and like to browse the sedan forum to learn more about my car. It'd be cumbersome to browse 50+ subforums just to learn more about your G35. I mean no disrepect to the MODS, but i've been a member of several car forums (clubb5, clublexus, maxima.org, just to name a few) and have never seen this many subforums on one site. I know how to use the search function and have used it when looking for specific issues, but it's good sometimes just to browse posts to see what's common to all of the sedans...Also, when I have issues or questions, posting in the car-specific forum (sedan in this case) generates more useable feedback then posting in one of the subforums, where it seems people hardly venture, or don't really care to respond...Thanks!

Old 04-17-2007, 03:05 PM
Grocery getter

Should have made this a poll.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:06 PM
RXM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
One suggestion that we can probably agree on is that once a thread becomes a month old and dies...that it can be moved to the subforum. That way, the thread gets a whole month of viewing and the topic discussed plenty before it is moved.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:08 PM
i'm not knocking the mods, i also don't agree w/ the moving of threads out of sedan. but at the same time, this subforum was in desperate need of moderation. the amount of redundant newb questions was getting out of hand.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:08 PM
way too many "sub" forums

Old 04-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by ttrank
Should have made this a poll.

you still can!!!

Old 04-17-2007, 03:15 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
If the mods chose to move then so be it. As long as it's consistent. They don't "owe" anyone an explaination as long as it's inline with the rules they want to inforce.

They only thing I ask is if a thread that's originally in the sedan section is moved, then edit the title so there is "sedan" mentioned somewhere so readers know what car the thread is about.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:20 PM
Why do I bother to DIY???
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I absolutely agree - the old way was better. I now have to look at every sub-forum to find out the cool new mods....before, it was great to see a "check out my new mod" in the Sedan forum, regardless of what mod it was. Now they get moved and people have learned to start posting within those sub-forums. The only way I would know about the mod is if I went into that sub-forum. What's the point of even having a "Sedan" forum???

Recently I posted that I saw an 05 sedan taillight for $60 on ebay...I wanted to post it in the main forum so some who considered it but thought it was too expensive would say "that's cheap, I'll buy it!", but why bother...it would get moved!!! The only way someone would know about buying it is if they went into the Classified section....but that limits the potential audience.

Knowledge is key, but we're limited to being exposed to it now...not good and not enjoyable anymore.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:21 PM
Its very annoying. I've had several threads moved without warning for no reason. I want Sedan Answers from Sedan people which is why I posted the thread there. I want suspension answers that relate to my car from people with my car.

But the thread gets moved to the general suspension forum? Why are they so overly precise. Its ridiculous. If you post, "How will these rims fit on my sedan". The post gets moved to the wheels section where you have owners of all sorts of infiniti's. When you want answers from Fellow Sedan owners. They need to ease up and stop taking their "Job" so serious. They remind me of the hall monitors in highschool who react to everything.

*End Rant*

Old 04-17-2007, 03:23 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Truth
They remind me of the hall monitors in highschool who react to everything.

*End Rant*

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why are the mods now moving everything.