G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Why are the mods now moving everything.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 12:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
You might not like my answer, or reasoning, but I'm just trying to be honest.
Yeah, you're right. Especially since I made a similar post to Quadcam, except mine was for my suspension drop (and not engine cover picts), I posted picts in the general section, yet it was moved to the "show me your wheels section".....a section that isn't relevant to my post IMO. But whatever...who am I...this is pointless in trying to even argue my point, as all who seems to have any say in it is the mods & the admins.

His are engine update shots...mine are suspension update shots....I too am topical and post things where they need to be. (Quadcam - this is nothing against you...I agree with what you've done )

Have I made my point?

Old 04-19-2007, 05:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ttrank
This is more for the sedan section but is also valid for the coupe section as well so coupe guys please feel free to chime in.

We were all happy in the sedan section the way it was before. The sedan guys make up a small % of the members on here and making them take a bunch of time to go search through 100's of coupe threads to find a simple answer is not fair. I for one have a lot of sedan knowledge and for me to take the time and look around 10 other sections all the time for sedan guys with questions is not fair.

We have asked mods like trey hutcheson but he does not reply to our questions and just locks the threads.

Can someone in charge please ask the sedan mods to please stop moving all of our threads. At least leave them in for a week or so to get the answers they need and then move them. The forum was way better before this started.

I support this and ttrank

Old 04-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is more for the sedan section but is also valid for the coupe section as well so coupe guys please feel free to chime in.

We were all happy in the sedan section the way it was before. The sedan guys make up a small % of the members on here and making them take a bunch of time to go search through 100's of coupe threads to find a simple answer is not fair. I for one have a lot of sedan knowledge and for me to take the time and look around 10 other sections all the time for sedan guys with questions is not fair.

We have asked mods like trey hutcheson but he does not reply to our questions and just locks the threads.

Can someone in charge please ask the sedan mods to please stop moving all of our threads. At least leave them in for a week or so to get the answers they need and then move them. The forum was way better before this started.
I support this x10

Should have made this a poll.
No cause it would have been moved haha

Old 04-21-2007, 12:18 AM
Perfect example of poor thread management and questionable thread movement. Tonight I posted pics of my new lip and my zaino polishing job. My thread was up in sedans for no more than 20 mins before it was moved (buried in my opinion) to body/interior/exterior/lighting. Yet, there remains a thread about clear corner bulbs that still remains in the sedan section that has been in existence for !6 MONTHS!.

My post pertained to many sections, picture share/body or exterior mods/detailing, etc. and so I posted it in the only section that covered all of those items: SEDAN. Yet, I get moved and someone's thread that pertains to one very specific and easily categorized thread remains in the most general of categories.

How does that get explained?

Old 04-21-2007, 12:41 AM
Originally Posted by marty315
Perfect example of poor thread management and questionable thread movement. Tonight I posted pics of my new lip and my zaino polishing job. My thread was up in sedans for no more than 20 mins before it was moved (buried in my opinion) to body/interior/exterior/lighting. Yet, there remains a thread about clear corner bulbs that still remains in the sedan section that has been in existence for !6 MONTHS!.

My post pertained to many sections, picture share/body or exterior mods/detailing, etc. and so I posted it in the only section that covered all of those items: SEDAN. Yet, I get moved and someone's thread that pertains to one very specific and easily categorized thread remains in the most general of categories.

How does that get explained?
And what is the purpose of this post, a rant

Perhaps you should of addressed this in a PM to a mod or admin. No one posting in this thread can help you out except a mod or admin.

So they missed a thread in your opinion, no biggie. You felt your post shouldn't have been moved, no biggie. Bring it to their attention in a pm.

Old 04-21-2007, 01:23 AM
Originally Posted by SOCOOL
And what is the purpose of this post, a rant

Perhaps you should of addressed this in a PM to a mod or admin. No one posting in this thread can help you out except a mod or admin.

So they missed a thread in your opinion, no biggie. You felt your post shouldn't have been moved, no biggie. Bring it to their attention in a pm.
I PM'ed Trey already to ask about the reasoning. I just felt this was a thread to discuss movement of threads and whether or not it was a good thing and this was just an example of how the movement of threads is somewhat sporadic and non-specific. Also, general posts or multi-subforum encompassing threads should remain in the most general forum as possible, i.e. sedan forum.

Old 04-21-2007, 02:36 AM
My horns hold up my halo
FYI, Marty, Trey is already in bed for tonight and we are going out of town first thing tomorrow. We'll be back Sunday evening so he may well not get back to you until after that. Please be patient.

Old 04-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Drive safe and enjoy the trip. I look forward to hearing back from him upon his reply. In the meantime, I'm going to go stare at my car some more.

Old 05-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Brakes

Jesus, the mods just need to leave things be. They're wasting too much damn time moving stuff around and it's making the forums a waste. What really was wrong with the way things were? People seemed to manage fine and it's very clear no one is following the protocol nor can figure the said protocol of where said posts should be. Leave it be and use the authority to address more important issues. If this keeps up, I'm yanking my premier status because the sedan forum has gone in the toilet and made for a very boring site.

Old 05-03-2007, 03:58 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB
Jesus, the mods just need to leave things be. They're wasting too much damn time moving stuff around and it's making the forums a waste. What really was wrong with the way things were? People seemed to manage fine and it's very clear no one is following the protocol nor can figure the said protocol of where said posts should be. Leave it be and use the authority to address more important issues. If this keeps up, I'm yanking my premier status because the sedan forum has gone in the toilet and made for a very boring site.
the posts aren't being deleted but moved to appropriate sections, so all the info is still there, how is it more boring now, you just have to look outside of the sedan forum

Old 05-03-2007, 09:16 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Dave, don't you think this topic has been beaten to death just a wee bit? If you are still really wondering why certain threads are being moved, just read this thread from the page 1.

Old 05-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry Dave. We feel that the thread movement will help us in the long run.

Old 05-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Dave, don't you think this topic has been beaten to death just a wee bit? If you are still really wondering why certain threads are being moved, just read this thread from the page 1.
I've read this entire thread more than once trying to make sense out of everything. To me, and many others, everything was fine. If someone had a specific sedan or coupe question, it was posted in the sedan or coupe section even though it might be vaguely applicable to both sides. Now it seems like every third thread is being moved to one of the one million different categories in this forum. There comes a point when organized becomes micro management and in a sense, a bureaucracy

Old 05-04-2007, 07:18 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
I've read this entire thread more than once trying to make sense out of everything. To me, and many others, everything was fine. If someone had a specific sedan or coupe question, it was posted in the sedan or coupe section even though it might be vaguely applicable to both sides. Now it seems like every third thread is being moved to one of the one million different categories in this forum. There comes a point when organized becomes micro management and in a sense, a bureaucracy
I completely hear what you are saying Dave, so I hope you don't think your comments are falling on deaf ears. Without reiterating what has already been stated here before, I'll add that we are currently discussing a new forum layout. It hasn't been decided what changes will be made, but stay tuned.

Old 05-04-2007, 07:54 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
To an extent I agree with you. I don't think everything was fine the way it was but now there seems to be so much moved to so many different areas. There definitely used to be too many unrelated posts particularly in the coupe section. Now I spend a good deal of time searching around to view a more general question which would have traditionally been in the coupe or sedan sections.

I can't see how pulling your Premier membership would have any impact on these improving these things however. That would be your loss.