G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Do the moderators not check whats being sold in the Marketplace?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
This is kinda of a crazy request, and I see your point cause I hate thieves too. IF we had a member here from NYPD he could look into this
guy with 8 sets of G37 coupe wheels other wise this thread is FAIL!
Gary
I don't know of any nypd officers but a ban should not be out of the quiestion. myg37 deleted his posts. How does one go about contacting the moderator for the marketplace?

Yes rims are being stolen and when a seller has multiple sets with monitors for sale something doesnt seem right.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G35driver101
I don't know of any nypd officers but a ban should not be out of the quiestion. myg37 deleted his posts. How does one go about contacting the moderator for the marketplace?

Yes rims are being stolen and when a seller has multiple sets with monitors for sale something doesnt seem right.
As I said in my post above, if you suspect that this person is violating the terms of use send a private message to an administrator from this list (Calvin or Msedanman will be the best choices) or use the report post button to bring the user's threads to their attention.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:50 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by jeff92se
no one wants to be a victim.

But how exactly does one go about "checking if he's legit"?

Again, moderators/admin have more tools than us but what do you want them to do? Visit the guy and inspect the goods?
hell gimme the info il contact him and call in csi ..

Lol

but yeah i know there is no real way for mods to assure potential buyers of anything ..

Wheels have serial numbers dont they ..specific to each one ..
I think everyone should jot them down ...just in case ..
Or give their own wheels specific markings only the real owner would have

or a gps locator inside lolol

im getting too paranoid arent i .. Lol

Old 01-12-2009, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by Christian
As I said in my post above, if you suspect that this person is violating the terms of use send a private message to an administrator from this list (Calvin or Msedanman will be the best choices) or use the report post button to bring the user's threads to their attention.
Thanks! didnt know what ! was for. Done.. thanks again.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Banned
OMG, Im the person that this thread was made about. unfortunately, I just saw this thread now. As anyone can see, I've been on this forum for 3 years. If you search my OLDER threads, when I had my coupe, I always sold 19's then as well. I worked for a shop for years and came into contact with alot of people modding their cars. I used to buy rims, trade rims, sell rims, whatever. I used to always switch things up. I went through 4 or 5 sets of my 06 coupe years ago inside of 6 months.

Next thing. I DONT HAVE AND NEVER HAD 8 SETS OF WHEELS!!! This guy jsut keeps making SHlT up. As you can see in my threads, I have 1 set of g37 wheels for sale and 1 set of M45 wheels. Thats it. I sold 2 sets of G37 wheels on the other forum and they banned me ONLY from selling parts because they wanted me to become a vendor. THT IT. For some reason the Op of this thread is just harassing me and accusing me of all kinds of BS. I dont steal things and never have. I have 2 sets of wheels for sale and thats all i have. I have a 2006 g35X that I purchased the 37 wheels for but I didnt like how they looked on the car, so I got M wheels. Then it snowed here bad, Ice ruined the local roads and I hit a crazy pothole on my stock 17's. I was amazed I didnt blow one of those out, so i DEF would have blew out an M wheel/tire. On top of that the car is going back to the dealer in a few months so since I dont want to put those wheels on now, I'm not gonna only install them for a month later.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:21 PM
how many moderators are there? how does one become a moderator?

Old 01-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Christian
^^^ Could not agree more.

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
No one wants to be a victim.

But how exactly does one go about "checking if he's legit"?

Again, moderators/admin have more tools than us but what do you want them to do? Visit the guy and inspect the goods?
You hit the nail on the head! We have no way to make people prove what they are selling is legit. If it is illegal or shady we can delete the thread but I won't go around deleting threads without some kind of good reason.

I am one of the mods for that section and it gets a lot of traffic so we don't have time to read every thread. Plus like I said it's not our job to ask every seller if they have the product or how they got it. It is the buyer's job to verify what they are buying is legit or not. Craigslist doesn't do anything like that and it's just as free to use as the marketplace here. If there is an easy way to prove someone is trying to sell stolen, broken or fake stuff we would do it.

Like Christian said this is a voluntary job. We help out when and where we can. I have been very busy with work and family the last month so I have not been on here as much as usual. If you are going to spend your money you need to verify what you are buying.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Grocery getter

Originally Posted by blown420
how many moderators are there? how does one become a moderator?
When the higher-ups decide one is needed they ask the other mods for nominations or nominate someone themselves. It is typically someone who has been around for a while and contributes a lot to that section in need of more mods. This comes as sections grow or a mod leaves the site.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:00 PM
Grocery getter

Originally Posted by G35driver101
There is a member posting wheels and tires in Marketplace on this site,Blacksteve08 posting in 19 inch wheels fs, he was posting on myg37(till he was deleted) the sets are brand new with TPMS sensors out of new york. These wheels are being stolen all over the country and it really seems fishy that some dude in a shady shop in NY is posting here with so many sets! Like 6 or 8. I was wondering who monitors the marketplace and why myg37 deleted him and this site has not. He posted he had one set, also posted and sold sets on my37 then after the buyer questioned him he had another set. I hate thieves and the members should be watched out for. I would really like some feedback.

Thanks

To answer your question directly, no we don't have a way to check what people are selling. We do scan through the threads as often as possible and look for anything out of the ordinary.

If you suspect someone or something please send one of the mods or admins a PM and we will look into it ASAP.

Obviously these threads being deleted on the other forums is more than enough to bring up suspicion. I don't spend much time on either one of the other two forums so I have no way of knowing that this has happened so any help from the other members is always appreciated.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by ttrank
To answer your question directly, no we don't have a way to check what people are selling. We do scan through the threads as often as possible and look for anything out of the ordinary.

If you suspect someone or something please send one of the mods or admins a PM and we will look into it ASAP.

Obviously these threads being deleted on the other forums is more than enough to bring up suspicion. I don't spend much time on either one of the other two forums so I have no way of knowing that this has happened so any help from the other members is always appreciated.
Well since I am the person in question, feel free to look at my history of threads and posts. I've never scammed anyone and my posting history has always been of the same subjest for the most part. Look at how many wheels I've posted on this forum alone for sale. I've always been into wheels and buying/selling them and its really aggravating me that someone is accusing me of something having 0 proof.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:07 PM
Grocery getter

Originally Posted by BlackStevo8
Well since I am the person in question, feel free to look at my history of threads and posts. I've never scammed anyone and my posting history has always been of the same subjest for the most part. Look at how many wheels I've posted on this forum alone for sale. I've always been into wheels and buying/selling them and its really aggravating me that someone is accusing me of something having 0 proof.

Please note that I am just answering the question from the OP in a general manor. I have not seen your thread or history and I am not making any claims about your validity as a seller.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Banned
Please note that I am just answering the question from the OP in a general manor. I have not seen your thread or history and I am not making any claims about your validity as a seller.
well I sent you a PM as well. I hope this can get cleared up because being harassed by someone is not fair, especially someone with 1/5th the posts that I have and has been here less then 1/6th the time.

Last edited by BlackStevo8; 01-13-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Grocery getter

After looking into this more I feel the OP G35Driver101 needs to back off on this one. There are some obvious posts in BlackStevo8's threads that are just trying to pick a fight and have removed them. You are making claims with no evidence to support them.

I have no idea how he obtained these wheels and doubt you do either. If he wants to tell us that is his choice but just jumping on him with accusations is not the right way to go about it.

Old 01-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Banned
After looking into this more I feel the OP G35Driver101 needs to back off on this one. There are some obvious posts in BlackStevo8's threads that are just trying to pick a fight and have removed them. You are making claims with no evidence to support them.

I have no idea how he obtained these wheels and doubt you do either. If he wants to tell us that is his choice but just jumping on him with accusations is not the right way to go about it.
Thank you very much. As i told him in one of my threads, I'm not some dumb kid going out and stealing things. I'm engaged, I have a 7 month old child, I own my house, I have a job doing web development. I mean I'm not saying any of those things are tell tale signs of honestly, But I have perfect feedback on a few other forums, I have perfect ebay feedback and a high paypal rating. I've always bought and sold alot of things, including wheels/tires. I WOULD NEVER BUY ANYTHING I THOUGHT TO BE STOLEN. I hate thieves just as much as the next guy. HELL, MY WHEELS WERE STOLEN OVER THE SUMMER!!! It drove me nuts.

If someone thinks something is fishy with one of my sales, then why not PM me and ask me about it. I would have been much more willing to explain myself (even if I dont really have to) to someone that said something seems shady but they dont want to accuse. I posted a very informative description, pics, price, everything. Plus I've sold and tried to sell a bunch of different sets of wheels/tires on here before.

I appreciate the moderator removing the negative posts and G35driver101, please stay out of my threads from now on.

Old 01-13-2009, 03:38 PM
Obviously these threads being deleted on the other forums is more than enough to bring up suspicion. I don't spend much time on either one of the other two forums so I have no way of knowing that this has happened so any help from the other members is always appreciated.[/QUOTE]

This guy clearly has said he sold two sets with sensors on another site, and got deleted. Then in his own fs thread a buyer questions the seller on why his wheels haven't been shipped after his account was debited, then the seller after being called out has another set for sale. Plus the M45 and M35 wheels that are for sale here aswell. That is 6 sets of wheels with sensors for sale. a bit shady having four sets of g37 wheels??? Severely other people on this site and myg37 have questioned this and posted comments and he was deleted. You can remove my comments if you like, makes no difference to me, but I will call BS when I see it. If it walks like a duck its a duck.. And no i cant "prove" they are stolen but I dont know of anybody(or six people) from my local group that drive without sensors and i doubt anyone does either.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do the moderators not check whats being sold in the Marketplace?