G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Do the moderators not check whats being sold in the Marketplace?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 11:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do the moderators not check whats being sold in the Marketplace?

There is a member posting wheels and tires in Marketplace on this site,Blacksteve08 posting in 19 inch wheels fs, he was posting on myg37(till he was deleted) the sets are brand new with TPMS sensors out of new york. These wheels are being stolen all over the country and it really seems fishy that some dude in a shady shop in NY is posting here with so many sets! Like 6 or 8. I was wondering who monitors the marketplace and why myg37 deleted him and this site has not. He posted he had one set, also posted and sold sets on my37 then after the buyer questioned him he had another set. I hate thieves and the members should be watched out for. I would really like some feedback.

Thanks

Old 01-12-2009, 11:54 AM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by G35driver101
There is a member posting wheels and tires in Marketplace on this site,Blacksteve08 posting in 19 inch wheels fs, he was posting on myg37(till he was deleted) the sets are brand new with TPMS sensors out of new york. These wheels are being stolen all over the country and it really seems fishy that some dude in a shady shop in NY is posting here with so many sets! Like 6 or 8. I was wondering who monitors the marketplace and why myg37 deleted him and this site has not. He posted he had one set, also posted and sold sets on my37 then after the buyer questioned him he had another set. I hate thieves and the members should be watched out for. I would really like some feedback.

Thanks
I agree that the marketplace is not monitered as well as myg37 or 350z. We have tons of threads that are so old and need to be closed or deleted. I suggested this a while ago, that I would take on the responsibility. Never heard anything else about it.

Danny

Old 01-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by GreenGoblin
I agree that the marketplace is not monitered as well as myg37 or 350z. We have tons of threads that are so old and need to be closed or deleted. I suggested this a while ago, that I would take on the responsibility. Never heard anything else about it.

Danny
Thanks for responding.. Something is not right with that. I love the forum but hate seeing issues like that. I was born at night just not last night, when i see BS i raise the flag!

Old 01-12-2009, 12:02 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Moderators are here to help keep the peace. They aren't here to perform CSI like investigations on each and every suspect post.

If you have a concern about a member in the market section, state your case in a complete and logical form and contact a section moderator.

Accusing them of not doing their job ISN'T a way to get things looked at. IMHO

Old 01-12-2009, 12:05 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Someone trace that fockers i.p. Or something...
So we can get cops on him..
To at least check him out ..

Old 01-12-2009, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by IMAFUKINRIDER
Someone trace that fockers i.p. Or something...
So we can get cops on him..
To at least check him out ..
wtf dude has a couple sets of rims for sale and we automatically prosecute him to be guilty?

i tried to stay out

but you guys are some whack folks and need to chill the f out and mind your damn business...the man trying to make some money to provide for his family and you guys actin like the got damn police...get off the computer you nerds

Old 01-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Moderators are here to help keep the peace. They aren't here to perform CSI like investigations on each and every suspect post.

If you have a concern about a member in the market section, state your case in a complete and logical form and contact a section moderator.

How about let the mods answer the question instead of you acting like a mod.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As someone that tried very hard to keep the market place under control for many months, I don't see how you can expect a volunteer staff to verify ever single thread in the marketplace. G35Driver's terms of use includes this statement:

17.) BUYER BEWARE
Internet scams can happen at any time. The owners and administrators of G35DRIVER.COM are not responsible in any way and cannot guarantee the ability of a seller to complete the transaction or the quality of the items. It is strongly recommended that you use C.O.D. or an online escrow service. Always use common sense and do research on the product and the seller before making any deal.
MyG37.com is a much smaller community, as such it is much easier to monitor all activity but as it grows that may change.

Ultimately it is up to the buyer to do their due diligence in the same way you would buying from any other online source like ebay or craigslist.

With regard to the particular user you mentioned in your original post, selling multiple items for profit without a paid vendor subscription is a violation of the site's terms of use and should be addressed by an administrator. Please send a private message with details to one of the admins or use the report post function to bring this their attention.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Red Card Crew

Originally Posted by G35_TX
How about let the mods answer the question instead of you acting like a mod.
Tell me Russ, when's the last time a mod actually posted here? Just trying to stick up for the mods here. They are people, not all seeing, all knowing aliens from above.

If you disagree with the statement, counter it. If you agree, add a +1.

If you just want to add your 2 yen to this 2 cent conversation, don't.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se

Thanks Jeff but if you read my post it says "Do Moderators". I am trying to be logical and find out what the policy and procedures for something like this is. I am not accusing the moderators just pointing out that its fishy. I hope that this will help.

Thanks for your advice

Arick

Old 01-12-2009, 12:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GreenGoblin

Danny
I agree with you completely that it can be difficult to find current content in the marketplace due to the number of threads for items that are no longer available, but the reason we leave the threads intact is to provide a price history for future sales.

In each of the sections in the marketplace there's an announcement that that says read before posting, it includes a request that the seller send pm to a mod or admin upon the sale of their item to have their thread closed. In the entire time I was responsible for the marketpace I think I received 3 requests.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Whack fools ?

Whats the harm in finding out if hes legit or not ..

If hes legit no problem ..
The fact that me might or might not have 6 or 7 sets of wheels

if i were selling anything .
I wouldnt have a problem withanyone asking
me where i got my stuff from ..
Or look into it ..

Perhaps my wording was a bit harsh ..
But lots of people's wheels here in n.y.
Have gone missing for some reason ..
.......poof..... Disapeared just like that ..
Im not exactly too fond of becoming one myself ..

Christian said theres almost no way for volunteer staff to verify everything thats posted ... I guess hes right .. I just rather not become a victim .

Old 01-12-2009, 12:30 PM
Ohio G Club moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
there have been many sets stolen lately,just look at the threads made about them,but that doesnt mean they are stolen, i have 3set of hl's FS none are stolen i get decent deals on them and pass them along to other memebers...there has to be some kind of reference number on the wheels somewhere...isnt there? i know from selling parts in the past that fenders,hoods,doors and other misc. parts have ID numbers on them that match the car.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Red Card Crew

Originally Posted by IMAFUKINRIDER
Whack fools ?

Whats the harm in finding out if hes legit or not ..

If hes legit no problem ..
The fact that me might or might not have 6 or 7 sets of wheels

if i were selling anything .
I wouldnt have a problem withanyone asking
me where i got my stuff from ..
Or look into it ..

Perhaps my wording was a bit harsh ..
But lots of people's wheels here in n.y.
Have gone missing for some reason ..
.......poof..... Disapeared just like that ..
Im not exactly too fond of becoming one myself ..

Christian said theres almost no way for volunteer staff to verify everything thats posted ... I guess hes right .. I just rather not become a victim .
No one wants to be a victim.

But how exactly does one go about "checking if he's legit"?

Again, moderators/admin have more tools than us but what do you want them to do? Visit the guy and inspect the goods?

Old 01-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Driver members vs The World....?

This is kinda of a crazy request, and I see your point cause I hate thieves too. IF we had a member here from NYPD he could look into this
guy with 8 sets of G37 coupe wheels other wise this thread is FAIL!
Gary

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do the moderators not check whats being sold in the Marketplace?