G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Question to the Admins

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 08:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
What's shakin' doug?

Since Gsedan's post was removed, it looks like I'm the OP on that closed post. Can my post be deleted also?

Danka
Master Jeff..

Old 03-28-2009, 09:18 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by George@GTM
Hey Calvin,

We are constantly being harassed by user "SDGeneralCounsel" as seen in this thread (this is just a recent example of many):

https://g35driver.com/forums/forced-...ml#post4063393

Based on the actions taken against others, for harassing a none paying sponsor, and taking threads severely off topic while not helping anyone (as you stated) then shouldn't this member (SDGeneralCounsel) also be placed on MU or banned, he has done much worse than what others have done in the thread referenced here, and to paying sponsors I might add.

Thanks Calvin!

-George
GT Motorsports
George, I've sent you a PM.

Old 03-28-2009, 01:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Calvin
Regarding the RA STB group buy, that should never have taken place in the general forums to begin with. Our policy regarding group buys started by members for non-forum sponsors is that they should be posted and only open to Premier Members. However, I did not catch this GB in time. Again, you can't catch them all, unfortunately. I cannot speak for all of Staff, however.
Doug if the following question is off-topic I will gladly withdraw it from your thread. Just shoot me a PM.

Calvin [admins et. al.], Speaking specifically towards the RA STB group buy. In particular, the concern with the G35Driver STAFF actually organizing the group buy directly from RA which we all agree is a banned sponsor. Other suitable STB's are available from approved sponsors in this case.

See post #69: https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...r-not-vrt.html

What is the official policy on policing the G35Driver STAFF [Admins, Mods, STAFF] in regards to supporting the sales and marketing of Approved Sponsors vs. Banned Sponsors ?

In this particular case with the RA STB, the 10 or so forum members ended up with a faulty product from a banned sponsor from a group buy apparently organized by a G35Driver STAFF member.

Old 03-28-2009, 01:42 PM
Apparently I did, your post was not clear to me.

Your post was not helpful to those in the situation. I'm sure they've already considered returning the STB. Assuming Scott to be the shady guy you and/or many people say he is, then do you really think a shady person would take something back? Doesn't seem plausible, does it? The purpose of those threads is to discuss plausible solutions/remedies, whether it be a way of modifying the bar to make it fit (regardless of whether or not they should have to, that's besides the point. what if they are stuck with the STB's? what if Scott refuses to send them replacement brackets? do you think they should just have a $500 bar laying around the garage? and don't say take legal action, although that may be a possible route for some, i really don't know the law that well. sometimes life gives you lemons and you have to make due) or Scott sending them replacements. Now, if you have anything helpful to contribute to those threads, your posts are more than welcomed and encouraged.
Is my understanding correct that no matter what is being discussed in a thread on this forum, if it is Negative in any way but on topic it will get deleted?

So your also saying that telling people to send back the brace and get a refund is not helpful?

IMO if you buy something that doesn't do what it is supposed to do you either send it back, or the manufacturer sends you something that doesn't. Then again it's your money you with it as you please.

It seems like the moderation of this site is not even on par with what you see over on 4chan.

Old 03-28-2009, 01:47 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by ToastZ
Doug if the following question is off-topic I will gladly withdraw it from your thread. Just shoot me a PM.

Calvin [admins et. al.], Speaking specifically towards the RA STB group buy. In particular, the concern with the G35Driver STAFF actually organizing the group buy directly from RA which we all agree is a banned sponsor. Other suitable STB's are available from approved sponsors in this case.

What is the official policy on policing the G35Driver STAFF [Admins, Mods, STAFF] in regards to supporting the sales and marketing of Approved Sponsors vs. Banned Sponsors ?

In this particular case with the RA STB, the 10 or so forum members ended up with a faulty product from a banned sponsor from a group buy apparently organized by a G35Driver STAFF member.
that is very interesting...

Old 03-28-2009, 02:18 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by olphatty
Is my understanding correct that no matter what is being discussed in a thread on this forum, if it is Negative in any way but on topic it will get deleted?

So your also saying that telling people to send back the brace and get a refund is not helpful?

IMO if you buy something that doesn't do what it is supposed to do you either send it back, or the manufacturer sends you something that doesn't. Then again it's your money you with it as you please.

It seems like the moderation of this site is not even on par with what you see over on 4chan.
I can't speak for Calvin or this situation specifically, but I've seen people trying to post comments and links to other threads in threads that are unrelated. They are deleted because they are off topic, not because they are negative.

For example, with whiteg35 someone posted links to a deal that didn't turn out well they had with him in whiteg35's thread about his car being in a magazine. It was off topic and didn't belong there. Any other off topic post would be deleted as well, it wasn't specifically because it shed a negative light on whiteg35.

There are ways to provide constructive criticism and your opinion without trying to flame someone, based on your post above you seem to understand this. Posts like screw you guys, you suck, your site sucks, etc. isn't going to elicit a very positive response from the person you want action from.

No one is perfect, including the staff here. When someone points out a mistake you need to understand that it takes time to be corrected. Just because things aren't fixed instantly doesn't mean it will not be fixed. In the case of RA people were up in arms because the ban was lifted for even a day. This was quickly corrected, but that didn't stop the unnecessary personal attacks against some staff members.

Also, people that come here for the sole purpose of causing problems and creating drama are not welcome. This trolling is not allowed on either of the sites and these people should not be surprised if their privileges are revoked here.

Originally Posted by ToastZ

My apologies for not knowing the entire story, but I wasn't a staff member at that time. When was Scott banned? That thread is back from October 2008.

Also, while Canadian seems to have started the list and gotten the final price, Lekker was the one that actually tried to get it started and it was done because, in my opinion, there seemed to be a lot of support to have it done.

Just my .02

Old 03-28-2009, 02:26 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
^^^ Oct 08 was only 5-6 months ago... that’s part of what makes the whole thing so crappy for the guys that got the bar - they waited that long chomping at the bit and got something they cant use... btw, Scott was banned long before then... personally I have no opinion either way as far as a gb - but I do see bias when a mod/staff member acts high & mighty and tries to force feed "moral fortitude" and "ethics" upon ppl, then see that one of their own was first on a list for a gb from a banned member.

This applies to any situation – not just RA.

Old 03-28-2009, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by kernel
I can't speak for Calvin or this situation specifically, but I've seen people trying to post comments and links to other threads in threads that are unrelated. They are deleted because they are off topic, not because they are negative.

For example, with whiteg35 someone posted links to a deal that didn't turn out well they had with him in whiteg35's thread about his car being in a magazine. It was off topic and didn't belong there. Any other off topic post would be deleted as well, it wasn't specifically because it shed a negative light on whiteg35.

There are ways to provide constructive criticism and your opinion without trying to flame someone, based on your post above you seem to understand this. Posts like screw you guys, you suck, your site sucks, etc. isn't going to elicit a very positive response from the person you want action from.

No one is perfect, including the staff here. When someone points out a mistake you need to understand that it takes time to be corrected. Just because things aren't fixed instantly doesn't mean it will not be fixed. In the case of RA people were up in arms because the ban was lifted for even a day. This was quickly corrected, but that didn't stop the unnecessary personal attacks against some staff members.

Also, people that come here for the sole purpose of causing problems and creating drama are not welcome. This trolling is not allowed on either of the sites and these people should not be surprised if their privileges are revoked here.
My intent wasn't to come here and start problems. I came here to learn and provide input to the information in this forum. I would like for you or someone to point out where I was trying to flame or cause problems. I stated FACTS, and provided a suggestion. Someone here didn't like what I had to say for whatever personal reason, thus my original post being deleted then my second post move here.

As I stated before any other Forum on the internet (even other forums ran by IB) I can post what I originally posted and nothing happen. I was not OT or flaming. I was not under the intention of problem causing.

I'll stop posting in this thread because it seems to me that the people that run this site don't have their heads in the right place, and are under the influence of "another entity". It's up to you guys if you with to support something that is wrong by any nature.

If you didn't like my comment about the moderation of this site, and took that as a "person causing problems" then Ban me please.

Old 03-28-2009, 03:26 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by olphatty
My intent wasn't to come here and start problems. I came here to learn and provide input to the information in this forum. I would like for you or someone to point out where I was trying to flame or cause problems. I stated FACTS, and provided a suggestion. Someone here didn't like what I had to say for whatever personal reason, thus my original post being deleted then my second post move here.

As I stated before any other Forum on the internet (even other forums ran by IB) I can post what I originally posted and nothing happen. I was not OT or flaming. I was not under the intention of problem causing.

I'll stop posting in this thread because it seems to me that the people that run this site don't have their heads in the right place, and are under the influence of "another entity". It's up to you guys if you with to support something that is wrong by any nature.

If you didn't like my comment about the moderation of this site, and took that as a "person causing problems" then Ban me please.
My apologies if that post seemed like I was referring to YOU specifically, that was not my intention whatsoever. That is why the second line of my post refers to "people" posting links in unrelated threads. There are some people, and they know who they are, who came here just to create drama.

I am not sure what post of yours was deleted, so I can not comment on that one specifically, my comments were much more general in nature. I'm don't know if your comment about "people that run this site don't have their heads in the right place, and are under the influence of "another entity"" applies to me and my comments, but if so please elaborate. If you don't want to post it here, feel free to send me a PM.

I tried to answer your question the best I could since no one else had addressed it yet, if you did not feel it was sufficient or simply did not like my response, then I'm sorry you feel that way.

Originally Posted by Chi-TownWarrior
Hello everyone.

Instead of creating my own account, I will use my friends (since I'm down at his place anyways)

I'm not an FI guru or a car nut by any means. I own a 06 G35 and I plan on doing some mods. My best friend Chi-Town pointed me in the direction of this thread (we both have been tracking for teh lulz). But that enough about me.

I'm posting as olphatty over on driver

It was hard to sit here and just look at what's happening so I said what I felt needed to be said. I wouldn't have said it had I payed attention to the fact post were being deleted. That is a **** poor site ran by children with less concern over what happens there then the mods at 4chan have over at that site.

Everyone here seems to have loads more sense (granted most of you are doctors, lawyers, Shop Owners, etc (I only major in Specialized Chemistry). What I'm getting at is to keep up the good work gents. Keep the videos coming. We are both all about exposing the bad so the good can be better.

Just saying whats on my mind, sorry to butt-in.
By the way, posts like this, aren't constructive criticism. You provide no details and the way you are going about getting your point across is poor and is not going to elicit a response that leads to progress.

Last edited by kernel; 03-28-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Kernel and other staff members that are reading this thread, i don't want you to get the impression that I or other members here are acting as a lynch mob and come here to bash staff or a certain banned sponsor.

The banned sponsor has been and is currently involved in questionable acts and shady business. We are here as educators not as bashers, because we don't like to see other members taken advantage of as we are all apart of an online community. Unfortunately until situations like this arise, no one has any idea of the dealings or what is going on behind the scenes. We are not here to win any friends or sway any people away from this shady business, but as to educate others who maybe future victims of this business. There are a laundry list of irrefutable acts made by this person with countless amount of proof and we would hate to see our sister board become victim of things we have already experienced and documented.

Its pretty obvious the sponsor is banned and is not allowed to opperate on this forum directly, however indirectly he is operating behind the protection and mouth of one of your staff members Canadian, and i wouldn't be suprised of most of the people here to educate whom have been placed on MU have been under the influence of Canadian without your knowledge of the full situation.

Obviously this thread is about the MU Status, so i won't interject all the proof and information of the banned sponsor, in my eyes this shouldn't even be a issue because and we can laugh about this.. the sponsor is BANNED.

I urge you to reconsider removing these members from MU because they are only trying to help, Canadian may paint a different picture for you guys because he appears to be one of you, but even without the full facts, you guys can surely look at the fact that this is a banned sponsor operating on a forum that they shouldn't be. Its a no brainer.

Thank you again for your time Staff members of G35driver

Old 03-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by doug
We are here as educators not as bashers, because we don't like to see other members taken advantage of as we are all apart of an online community.
I understand this and that is very admirable of you. No one should want to see another get scammed. However, at the time of the conviction of the said members in MU the group buy for the RA STB was already finished. People already sent their money and received their products. Some members got so caught up in "warning" others about Scott/RA that they took the thread completely off topic, leaving no place for those experiencing issues with their products to discuss those issues and any possible solutions. I'm more concerned with these members getting things straightened out at the moment, and a group of members would not let that happen. They were far too concerned with taking swings at Scott/RA, so some posts were removed. I think many of them took the removal of their posts the wrong way, as if I were censoring their voices. However, like I said, my main concern is that the members with Scott's/RA's products get their problems fixed, and it was clear that was not going to happen so long as these members were around and free to post - I asked several times to stay out of the threads regarding the RA STB problems and got poor results. So further action needed to be taken to give our members a place for discussion without interruption.

I urge you to reconsider removing these members from MU because they are only trying to help, Canadian may paint a different picture for you guys because he appears to be one of you, but even without the full facts, you guys can surely look at the fact that this is a banned sponsor operating on a forum that they shouldn't be. Its a no brainer.
I assure you that Canadian had no influence on Staff's decision to put those members in MU.

Old 03-28-2009, 04:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kernel

My apologies for not knowing the entire story, but I wasn't a staff member at that time. When was Scott banned? That thread is back from October 2008.

Also, while Canadian seems to have started the list and gotten the final price, Lekker was the one that actually tried to get it started and it was done because, in my opinion, there seemed to be a lot of support to have it done.

Just my .02
I am hopeful that this informative thread doug initiated will ignite much needed discussions within the halls of the G35Driver Admin. Large Automotive Forums such as g35driver and my350z are extremely important to the automotive enthusiast community and the continued advancement of the VQ platform. I have watched this community expand over the past 4 years and its incredible where the G/Z platform is now vs. where it started only 5 years ago. The advancements in the FI technology alone that we enjoy today was born on the backs of the loyal and trustworthy shops and a healthy vendor community. With out quality parts, shop warranties, thousands of dollars of invested R&D, we would have not the capability to build the same high-hp cars we are building today at reasonable prices.

As official forum staff members, the forum community looks to you and your team members first to provide equal and fair guidance for not only thread management, but especially the care and handling of the vendor sponsorships. Loyal and Healthy vendor sponsors should always take the priority over personal opinion and most certainly banned sponsors with questionable ethics and business policies. Afterall, without the vendor sponsorship, paid advertisements and high post counts, there would be no forum for any of us to have so much fun with

Thanks again for the reply kernel.

Thanks again to doug for initiating the thread.

Last edited by ToastZ; 03-28-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:51 PM
I understand this and that is very admirable of you. No one should want to see another get scammed. However, at the time of the conviction of the said members in MU the group buy for the RA STB was already finished. People already sent their money and received their products. Some members got so caught up in "warning" others about Scott/RA that they took the thread completely off topic, leaving no place for those experiencing issues with their products to discuss those issues and any possible solutions. I'm more concerned with these members getting things straightened out at the moment, and a group of members would not let that happen. They were far too concerned with taking swings at Scott/RA, so some posts were removed. I think many of them took the removal of their posts the wrong way, as if I were censoring their voices. However, like I said, my main concern is that the members with Scott's/RA's products get their problems fixed, and it was clear that was not going to happen so long as these members were around and free to post - I asked several times to stay out of the threads regarding the RA STB problems and got poor results. So further action needed to be taken to give our members a place for discussion without interruption.
I understand what you're saying and i would like to appologize on behalf of my fellow brothers. The Intent was never to cause anymore harm to the customers who are already in the situation and you're right a conflict between the banned sponsor and non parties involved could be detrimental to the customer. We sincerly appologize if that may have happened, but understand we saw a problem with this banned sponsor and the community and this was a warning to other members who maybe future customers of this banned sponsor.

I assure you that any future comments towards thread about this sponsor will only be to warn future customers and the community with no ill intent to screw current customers out of their current purchases and support for those purchases.

I would really like for you to reconsider taking the members off that were considred a problem in the STB Thread off MU and explain to Canadian and SDGeneralCousnel to stop pushing products and services of this banned sponsor.

At the end of the day you're the Admin and i'm an observer. I can only offer suggestions, but i hope you sincerely take them into serious consideration.

Thanks Again

Old 03-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Protecting the banned member directly or indirectly through support via glowing recommendations and the active participation in a group buy that does fail the MOU, some of the staff/moderators on this site are not only doing the community a disservice, but also the very supportive sponsors and aid in the "scamming" of its membership.
Scott is pedaling his "goods" on other sites currently. Members there are referring the great success he has had here. This ill-conceived notion that his product works and that he is a real shop is perpetuated by the actions, or non-actions, of the staff/moderators on this site. Please rethink your stance on any subject relating to Scott @ RA, WA2GOOD, VRT... - they are one in the same.
The members you decided to harass (that is what MU is) were out to protect others. Instead their voice has been silenced and Scott's is amplified by the continuance support of the staff/moderators.

Old 03-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
I understand what you're saying and i would like to appologize on behalf of my fellow brothers. The Intent was never to cause anymore harm to the customers who are already in the situation and you're right a conflict between the banned sponsor and non parties involved could be detrimental to the customer. We sincerly appologize if that may have happened, but understand we saw a problem with this banned sponsor and the community and this was a warning to other members who maybe future customers of this banned sponsor.

I assure you that any future comments towards thread about this sponsor will only be to warn future customers and the community with no ill intent to screw current customers out of their current purchases and support for those purchases.

I would really like for you to reconsider taking the members off that were considred a problem in the STB Thread off MU and explain to Canadian and SDGeneralCousnel to stop pushing products and services of this banned sponsor.

At the end of the day you're the Admin and i'm an observer. I can only offer suggestions, but i hope you sincerely take them into serious consideration.

Thanks Again
Whether or not harm was intended, harm was inflicted. I made it clear that I wanted to give the members experiencing problems a place to discuss those problems, but these members still continued to p!ss in the threads for discussing the problems/solutions/updates. Having said that, I cannot be very certain that they will not continue clouding the said discussion threads. They already ignored my requests to do so, so what's to say they won't do it again? I've said this several times already, my main concern and intent is to give our members that actually have to deal with the problem at hand a place to discuss that problem and any possible solutions without interference.

Unfortunately, their placement in MU is non-negotiable. However, I can tell you that their placement in MU is not permanent at this time. Each member's case will be looked at on an individual basis. Those that caused more trouble will stay in MU longer (i.e. those that took cheap shots at the Staff), etc. A little time off will hopefully give them time to understand the consequences of their actions - causing even more of a headache for those that have already bought the bar and are dealing with its problems - whether intentional or not

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Question to the Admins