G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

G35driver for mobile phones?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 11:12 AM
IB Staff
Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
this has nothing to do with apathy, regardless of what you may think.
Making you guys happy is our priority.

That said, we have not installed tapatalk, or touchBB on any of our sites for several reasons. The main one being, that we along with vBulletin (who we own) are working on a full featured mobile app which will work across platforms, and not just on the iProducts.

However, this is still about a month, or perhaps two away. In the meantime, we have been designing a mobile skin for our forums, which will be available though a specific mobile address. We are meeting this afternoon to discuss the progress on this since last week, after that I can provide another update.

cheers,
robb

Old 06-30-2010, 11:36 AM
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
w00t w00t! thanks for the update. I look forward to using this new mobile skin!!

Now about this vBulletin mobile app...would this be g35driver specific or would this be an app which could be used with all vBulletin based forums?

Old 06-30-2010, 11:42 AM
IB Staff
I'm not 100% sure, so don't take it as gospel, but I believe the vB app will be universal and work with all sites running vBulletin.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:20 PM
that would be schweet! thanks again for update!

Old 06-30-2010, 12:39 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Polly hafta be a Premier member to use it... ;-p

Old 06-30-2010, 12:40 PM
IB Staff
^^ ooh, good idea lol

Old 07-01-2010, 12:41 AM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by snotf
That kind of apathy, both on the part of the staff and the owners of forums, is what causes forums to die.i went to ttrank and other moderators more than a year ago telling them that the FS section was out of contol, and needed better moderation, and volunteered to help if they weren't up to the job. A year later, they implemented half of the rules that I proposed, and still fail to do any real moderating. I loved the forum when I first came on it, but it had stood problems, and needs to get with things and follow through on its commitments. Otherwise membership, premier and basic will drop.as I said, I'm ONLY here when I need something now. I would be AMAZED if I was alone in that.
dude, no offense...but more than a year ago, you were only here for less than a year. Even today, you have less than 1,000 posts....that doesn't mean your opinion and feedback isn't valued, but you can't be surprised that you wouldn't be added to the staff.

As far as implementing rules a year later...the rules we have today have been there for a long time now. About a year ago, we added a rule that required a handwritten sign in the pic and location info, but that was really the only change.

btw, Robb thanks for the update on the mobile app. I haven't used any of the other apps, but I suspected you guys were working on a native app yourselves given how many sites run vB and how many are owned by IB.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:20 AM
IB Staff
With luck, we will start to roll out the mobile style by the end of next week. It will be available through a mobile URL, so you can choose which version to receive on your handsets

Old 07-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
So I wouldn't be able to dl this off the appstore right?

Old 07-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kernel
dude, no offense...but more than a year ago, you were only here for less than a year. Even today, you have less than 1,000 posts....that doesn't mean your opinion and feedback isn't valued, but you can't be surprised that you wouldn't be added to the staff.

As far as implementing rules a year later...the rules we have today have been there for a long time now. About a year ago, we added a rule that required a handwritten sign in the pic and location info, but that was really the only change.

btw, Robb thanks for the update on the mobile app. I haven't used any of the other apps, but I suspected you guys were working on a native app yourselves given how many sites run vB and how many are owned by IB.

i'm not your dude, first off. second, my post count or tenure with the forum is of no relevance to how effective i could/could not be as a contributing staff member, especially since, as i noted SEVERAL TIMES in previous posts, i no longer use this forum except to buy parts. there is simply too much mis/disinformation flying around out there and the honest truth is, you don't learn by talking, you learn by doing.
anyways, this wasn't one simple PM to ttrank that i was describing, this was a conversation, in which i said that better moderating had to be done in the FS section. his response was that moderating was a PT job for him(and others) and that the FS section was simply too large for one person to effectively moderate with all that he had going on. my response to that was along the lines of "perhaps someone else could help out, if no one else could be found, i would be willing to help out". it's not like i'm disgruntled with ttrank(or whoever the deciding powers are) that i'm not a mod. the honest truth is, i don't have the time for it either.
lastly, regarding the "only" new rules implemented, you may have only stuck with the picture rule(which STILL isn't enforced fully, take a look through the threads. it's horribly inconsistent), when the FS section was originally revised a few months ago into regions, it followed, IMHO, a MUCH better system, one that maxima.org uses. in the title of the FS thread, you have the city, state, item, and price. makes it WAY easier to find stuff that wont cost an arm and a leg for shipping(ie rims etc) and you dont waste half as much time. why did the forum abandon that? too much work to moderate again?
you can say that drivers commitment is to its members till you are blue in the face. but actions speak louder than words. when the moderators don't moderate, and acknowledge to, as kernel says above, a guy with "under a years tenure and under a thousand posts" that the job he's committed to is basically too much for him, but he neither relinquishes it nor takes on help, what does that say about the forum?

Old 07-01-2010, 08:08 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Abandon what? City/state is still a requirement, but it has to be in the post, not title. Having it in the post title was never a requirement. The pre-fixes were just to help filter things, but they were very broad areas, not city/states.

Also, my comment on tenure and posts is taken totally out of context in your post. I'm saying that you can't expect to be added to the staff if you aren't well known, not that your opinion isn't of value or that it shouldn't be acknowledged. Read what I wrote again.

And for someone who only comes here for the marketplace, seems like you're spending a lot of time in the feedback thread about a mobile app.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:33 AM
Old 09-04-2010, 05:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah are we mobile yet? I saw my350z gone mobile and the vbulletin app has horrible reviews

Old 09-15-2010, 08:45 PM
IB Staff
You are mobile, I have updated things here this afternoon.

edit: I've also incorporated all the feedback which has been received on the sites that an earlier version was rolled out on. You guys are the first site to get our final product.

https://g35driver.com/forums

Old 09-15-2010, 09:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My350z has a mobile site, waiting on driver to become mobile

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35driver for mobile phones?