G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Need a my350z mod or someone who knows

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 05:17 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
But everyone isn't you. 30 minutes is pretty short time period even if you told him that he would be banned again if he didn't modify his sig. Now if you didn't tell him, that 30 min gets even shorter.
I'm responding to this just in case something similar happens here:
[note, I am not stating what is/isn't true with Shane's situation, just a general take on IF this happened and it was true]

If you receive a warning from a moderator to remove something from your profile/location/sig/whatever, take care of it immediately. Don't wait and say "you'll get to it", do the first chance you have (when you log in). If you are given multiple warnings to correct something, I see no reason someone should be complaining about a ban.

Now, I'll also say there is a difference between being logged in for 30 min the next day. That does not mean you* were only given thirty minutes, there's a huge difference there.

If a member is issued a warning or banned, and that ban is lifted, the first thing you should do upon your return is correct the reason for the ban. That could be checking your attitude, laying off personal attacks, or removing something from your signature. The fact that no additional posts were made is irrelevant, it's still in your profile and would still be in existing posts you made. If you were on for 30 minutes the day after your ban was lifted, I feel that's more than enough time to correct something as easy a line in your sig.

Now, something else pointed out was non-sponsors advertising. I can't speak for the guys @ my350, but any member, that sees a non-sponsor advertising in their signature for a product is encouraged to report them.

The staff here does the best we can, but being human we are far from perfect. If something is reported, we can then take a look and take appropriate action.

*[any reference to you or your is to people as a whole, not any specific in this case]

-kernel

Old 04-14-2009, 05:18 PM
SEC > Big 12
Originally Posted by Dem1K
For advertising in his signature like what he has here.
he is a paying sponsor here, is he on my350z?

Old 04-14-2009, 05:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know he was planning on it...

Old 04-14-2009, 05:22 PM
SEC > Big 12
Originally Posted by Dem1K
I know he was planning on it...
So he isn't right now? Then he can't advertise, it's simple.

Once he's a paying sponsor, he can advertise.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:25 PM
Dude I'm not arguing that he was in the right for having it in his sig? If you're deliberately trying to make a point, you're a little late to the party.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by kernel
I'm responding to this just in case something similar happens here:
[note, I am not stating what is/isn't true with Shane's situation, just a general take on IF this happened and it was true]

If you receive a warning from a moderator to remove something from your profile/location/sig/whatever, take care of it immediately. Don't wait and say "you'll get to it", do the first chance you have (when you log in). If you are given multiple warnings to correct something, I see no reason someone should be complaining about a ban.

Now, I'll also say there is a difference between being logged in for 30 min the next day. That does not mean you* were only given thirty minutes, there's a huge difference there.

If a member is issued a warning or banned, and that ban is lifted, the first thing you should do upon your return is correct the reason for the ban. That could be checking your attitude, laying off personal attacks, or removing something from your signature. The fact that no additional posts were made is irrelevant, it's still in your profile and would still be in existing posts you made. If you were on for 30 minutes the day after your ban was lifted, I feel that's more than enough time to correct something as easy a line in your sig.

Now, something else pointed out was non-sponsors advertising. I can't speak for the guys @ my350, but any member, that sees a non-sponsor advertising in their signature for a product is encouraged to report them.

The staff here does the best we can, but being human we are far from perfect. If something is reported, we can then take a look and take appropriate action.

*[any reference to you or your is to people as a whole, not any specific in this case]

-kernel

Sure, that is implied, not stated. But this was before it was known that the mods removed it, warned him and he put it back in. Then he was temp banned. Any logical person should know to remove it if he knows that's exactly what got him banned in the 1st place but a time frame of 30 min is pretty short still IMHO.

Let's say the mods removed it AGAIN, he logs in and then proceeds to put it back. Then ban away. More work for the mods? Yes. Over and beyond expectation? Sure. But it would remove any shred of doubt as to why he got perma banned. As it would take a deliberate move against the rules in order to put it back(although this would be the 2nd time).
It's a touch more work but less work than having to come over here from the Z forum and typing in a justitification?

Old 04-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Ok lemme lay this out so everyone fully understands the situation...I admit that i am not 100% innocent.....

-I had "Fender Rolling" in my sig (After seeing other threads from non paying sponsers i felt as if it was ok for me to have 2 words in my sig)

-I made a few comments to "Rickdogg" that i guess hurt his feeling so his buddy moderator PM's me telling me he deleted my sig.

-I tell said mod that there are more than a handfull of people that have service threads that are not sponsers

-Said Mod basically says he doesn't care

-A few weeks pass and still those service threads are still up so i figure said mod was just being a dick to me cause i hurt his friends feelings

-So i put the 2 words back in my Sig.

- I get Banned for a week

- Yesterday ban was lifted at noon.

-This morning i have permaban

Now since my sig was deleted before i would assume that a mod would delete my sig again if they are gonna go through all the trouble of BANNING me for a week. I assumed it was deleted so i didn't even check. This morning i get a ban for the same thing yet i didn't do a thing. Kernal maybe you have time to go and look through your profile after tou get banned, I however was at work at this time so i didn't even look at my profile.

I shouldn't have been banned again plain and simple. If i knew it was still in my sig i WOULD have deleted it. Everyone here knows the person i am and have hand fulls of people who can vouch for me not only here but n my350 as well.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:37 PM
Red Card Crew

To be honest, one could be logged in for 30 min and not really notice if one's profile was altered or not unless they posted and read their own post.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:38 PM
^--- Exactly. And considering the fact that they erased it from his sig the first time, it made sense for him to think they did it this past time as well. Here's a tip: how about you guys be a little more consistent?

Old 04-14-2009, 05:43 PM
Red Card Crew

To the mods defense, "well others have it too" elicts a "Do you fish?" question from me.

Unless of course you made the staff aware that others have violated the advertising law and nothing was done. And when I say others, I mean specific examples.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:45 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Old 04-14-2009, 05:49 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Jeff i brought it up to a mod twice after i was warned the first and only time i was that there were other advertising, and basically they didn't care.

As you can see the above user has had an accual thread since september. I brought that specific thread up both time, yet nothing was done to him.....

Like i said i know i shouldn't have had it in my sig, but after i was banned i was banned again for nothing within ~12 hours. Thats the issue, the permaban. I deserved to get banned the first time. Just not this second time!

Old 04-14-2009, 05:49 PM
Red Card Crew

Z mod reply to this??

Old 04-14-2009, 05:57 PM
Red Card Crew

Originally Posted by ShanesG
Jeff i brought it up to a mod twice after i was warned the first and only time i was that there were other advertising, and basically they didn't care.

As you can see the above user has had an accual thread since september. I brought that specific thread up both time, yet nothing was done to him.....

Like i said i know i shouldn't have had it in my sig, but after i was banned i was banned again for nothing within ~12 hours. Thats the issue, the permaban. I deserved to get banned the first time. Just not this second time!
IMHO, you still can't use this as a defense. If I kill someone and get away with it, you still aren't allowed to kill someone. But it would speak to their hyprocrisy if that is indeed the case.

I don't see the harm in letting you back in though. Especially if it's your intention to become a sponser (*cough* IB board revenue *cough*)

Old 04-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
No Jeff, im not using it as a defense. If you look at the time line i layed it all out. I admit i was in the wrong for having but thats why i was banned, right?

I'm simply saying the 2nd ban was unjustified. that is all!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need a my350z mod or someone who knows