G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Marketplace Pictures, Rules & Improvements

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 01:42 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
IMO the paper with name thing shouldn’t be a requirement... personally, I have gone out of my way to take specific photos of parts (less that $100) for people that requested them, and they never buy - not because the items was no good, just because they change their mind or are lookie-loos... I’ve also had ppl want to haggle over $5 for an item that is only $60… I’m not going out of my way for people like that.

If a potential buyer makes it a stipulation or condition of sale, and the seller wants to agree to do it, fine (any two parties can require whatever they want of each other). But some of us have been around long enough and enough people know us that jumping through hoops to get some stuff sold shouldn’t be "Required".

I've sold many items - and they are never through the market place anyway - it just comes up somewhere and the stuff gets sold - I always sell for far less than most people will (that’s why it sells so easy) - but I'm not looking to make money, I'm looking to get rid of something and help someone else in the process... Having that been said - if I were to post an item in the Marketplace and it gets deleted because I didn’t include a piece of paper with my name on it - potential buyers are being screwed, not me.

so think through the "demands" and "Controls" you are suggesting. IMO it's not up to admins to be the watchdog over buying/selling... the buyer and seller need to do their due diligence to make sure they are dealing with someone/something they don’t get burned by.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
If someone w/ hardly any posts, lists something for sale with credible pictures and no location, that's hardly any info to go by. And other than reviewing the sellers posts, there his hardly any "due diligence" any potential buyer can do.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:48 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
^+1 Someone with 5k posts and 10 iTrader shouldn't be held to the same standard as a newb posting a for sale thread.

I still think at the very least location, pictures, and price should be mandatory and enforced. OK maybe with exceptions on the pics for like something as small as side markers, or bolts or something lol

Old 10-14-2009, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
If someone w/ hardly any posts, lists something for sale with credible pictures and no location, that's hardly any info to go by. And other than reviewing the sellers posts, there his hardly any "due diligence" any potential buyer can do.
Potential buyer can request/require everything that this thread is about.

All I can tell you is I wouldn’t go out of my way to take special pictures for every item I intended to sell. Period… I have photos (either on the car, or from when they were replaced – and those will be fine).

If a potential buyer requested something specific - and I thought it was worth the time, I would consider it at that time... that's basically my point, its up the buyer and seller to determine conditions that will make the deal - if they aren’t happy with conditions, the deal doesn’t go through. Simple as that.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:16 PM
Red Card Crew

If we have to ask for that information anyway, why not just provide it? I mean really, we don't live in the age of film and development anymore. How hard is it to take a picture on a digital camera with some scribble on it? Seems like a small price to pay for decent amount of extra security. But I've given my reasons already.

If you haven't noticed, people with a decent amount of posts and decent iTrader ratings have scammed people or have misrepresented items before.

What good is a picture of a set of wheels/tires taken 6 months ago when there's 5-6k more miles on them and could have new curb checks on them? When you sell, you should give the most up to date and accurate information available. IMHO of course. A picture with your s/n would at least tell us that at some recent time, a picture of the item for sale was taken. It would give the buyer some ease and give the seller some credibility.

It's not just you that's selling/buying here Mike.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:20 PM
^^^ and the majority of sellers aren’t scammers either Jeff.

Re-read my posts - then respond logically... because what you keep replying with has already been addressed.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:24 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks for all the input guys, it really helps.

A revamp of the Classifieds is already in the works.
Many of the ideas presented here are under discussion and will be implemented.

There are also a couple of other ideas that we hope will improve things as well.
I'll post things up here as we get closer to final rollout.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Red Card Crew

To Mike:

But scammers are still a problem and should be not given an easy opportunity to scam yes?

I've already addressed YOU concerns also. So I had to restate what had already been stated.

You gave you opinion and I gave mine. Leave it at that for the admin to decide. Me trying to convince you and vice versa is a moot point Mike.

Fact is the Z site saw a problem addressed it in the easiest and most painless way possible and from the lack of negative posts, it seems to be a decent step to further reduce internet fraud.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:28 PM
Red Card Crew

Originally Posted by InTgr8r

There are also a couple of other ideas that we hope will improve things as well.
Thanks for listening and for not only considering but implimenting some of our suggestions in the past!

Old 10-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ShanesG
^+1 Someone with 5k posts and 10 iTrader shouldn't be held to the same standard as a newb posting a for sale thread.

I still think at the very least location, pictures, and price should be mandatory and enforced. OK maybe with exceptions on the pics for like something as small as side markers, or bolts or something lol
Shane, i understand where you're coming from...its a hassle that we may all have to suck up but you have to realize the potential problems to exceptions.

When you make exceptions to rules, people abuse it and try to find loopholes. Therefore, it should either be the rule is in effect for ALL items for sale, or the rule is dropped.

I somewhat agree with the seniority rule as well, still that counts as an exception to a rule so where do we draw the line between n00b and senior? yaa knoww?

Originally Posted by OCG35
Potential buyer can request/require everything that this thread is about.

All I can tell you is I wouldn’t go out of my way to take special pictures for every item I intended to sell. Period… I have photos (either on the car, or from when they were replaced – and those will be fine).

If a potential buyer requested something specific - and I thought it was worth the time, I would consider it at that time... that's basically my point, its up the buyer and seller to determine conditions that will make the deal - if they aren’t happy with conditions, the deal doesn’t go through. Simple as that.
As i've mentioned before, it is a hassle, but it's for the sake of efficiency and validation.

I agree that buying/selling should be based on solely the buyer and seller, but still some of the rules i'm suggesting can help things go smoother. I mean, if a potential buyer was gonna ask for pics anyways, then you were better off posting them in the original post, rather than wasting time to reply back and forth with "updated, pics added" posts, etc.

Ultimately its up to the mods/admins whether or not to implement this, but once in effect, if a seller feels like snapping a few pictures are such a difficult task, then he/she might as well not sell in the marketplace at all.

thanks for reading everyone!
keep this discussion going, we're getting lots of good ideas here

Old 10-14-2009, 02:29 PM
To Jeff:

Thanks for the love note... but as usual its was nothing new, interesting or of value.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by InTgr8r

Thanks for taking our ideas into consideration InTgr8r

Let us know wsup when a change occurs

Old 10-14-2009, 02:33 PM
Red Card Crew

To Mike,

Since an Admin replied before I could plant a post right under yours, I thought it best to clarify whom I was discussing with. (logical thought)

Considering the direction the Admin is taking with the lastest suggestions, I'll leave it up to you to think about how valid my agreement to the OP's suggestions are.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:36 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Also i would like to recommend possibly giving socal their own marketplace section since prob. 50% or more sale threads are based out of socal.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:36 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
To Mike and Jeff,

SHAT UP

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Marketplace Pictures, Rules & Improvements