G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Marketplace Pictures, Rules & Improvements

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 02:37 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ShanesG
Also i would like to recommend possibly giving socal their own marketplace section since prob. 50% or more sale threads are based out of socal.
LOL word.
Especially since some sellers (like me) never ship and only sell local.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
To Mike,

Since an Admin replied before I could plant a post right under yours, I thought it best to clarify whom I was discussing with. (logical thought)

Considering the direction the Admin is taking with the lastest suggestions, I'll leave it up to you to think about how valid my agreement to the OP's suggestions are.
Do you ever get along with ANYONE?

Old 10-14-2009, 02:41 PM
If we have to ask for that information anyway, why not just provide it? I mean really, we don't live in the age of film and development anymore. How hard is it to take a picture on a digital camera with some scribble on it? Seems like a small price to pay for decent amount of extra security. But I've given my reasons already.

If you haven't noticed, people with a decent amount of posts and decent iTrader ratings have scammed people or have misrepresented items before.

What good is a picture of a set of wheels/tires taken 6 months ago when there's 5-6k more miles on them and could have new curb checks on them? When you sell, you should give the most up to date and accurate information available. IMHO of course. A picture with your s/n would at least tell us that at some recent time, a picture of the item for sale was taken. It would give the buyer some ease and give the seller some credibility.

It's not just you that's selling/buying here Mike.
i'm with jeff on this point though
the username on a sheet of paper thing really does sound like a hassle, but we can make it a habit, i mean honestly its not that difficult, like writing your name on all your homework back in elementary, we all know how, been there done that, simple as that

Old 10-14-2009, 02:41 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by Law to the Rence
Do you ever get along with ANYONE?
Did I not agree with your original suggestions?

Old 10-14-2009, 02:48 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Law to the Rence

As i've mentioned before, it is a hassle, but it's for the sake of efficiency and validation.

I agree that buying/selling should be based on solely the buyer and seller, but still some of the rules i'm suggesting can help things go smoother. I mean, if a potential buyer was gonna ask for pics anyways, then you were better off posting them in the original post, rather than wasting time to reply back and forth with "updated, pics added" posts, etc.

Ultimately its up to the mods/admins whether or not to implement this, but once in effect, if a seller feels like snapping a few pictures are such a difficult task, then he/she might as well not sell in the marketplace at all.
I don’t know where you got the idea that I don’t agree with pictures

Personally I feel if someone bought without having seen, they are an idiot... I feel price, location, description and photo should be mandatory (from the buyer - not a website)... but being required to take a "special" picture with a piece of paper and you user name is a bit much. I wouldn’t bother doing that unless I was already in negotiations with the buyer and knew they were serious (and even then I wouldn’t do it for a low dollar item)…

For those of you that keep saying it’s no big deal to take specific pics – I have boatloads of parts in my garage, which is downstairs… If Jeff (for instance) was interested in a pair of side markers for $40 (I’d probably charge him $140 though), I’m not going to go downstairs, dig out the parts, come back upstairs, pull out the camera, scratch some crap on a piece of paper, snaps some pics, download the photos, take the parts back out to the garage, log onto photo share account, transfer pics then link them to driver… it’s just not gonna happen. So in this case, the buyer would have lost out on a cheap pair of side markers (except Jeff, he’s better off not buying form me). BTW, I already have pics of the side markers from when they were on the car (and when they came off) and nothing since then would make them any different – those pics should be perfectly fine. If the buyer is not happy with those pics, no problem, let him/her go buy somewhere else (probably higher price). In fact, I’d tell the buyer I wold take the pics, but adding $15 to take the time to do all that garbage about user name on paper (and that’s still not worth my time).

Anyway - since you replied to my post directly, I wanted you to be clear about my position (since you responded as if I didnt feel photos are necessary)

Old 10-14-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by ShanesG
Also i would like to recommend possibly giving socal their own marketplace section since prob. 50% or more sale threads are based out of socal.
now theres a great idea!!! I've always felt regional marketplace would make sense. I'm in the market for wheels - but I would never buy them from out of state... so a Regional section would be great.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:52 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
So then socal guys that are willing to ship can just post it in the National posting?

Old 10-14-2009, 02:54 PM
Red Card Crew

IMHO of course, Mike I'd still sell you man. I don't take things too personally(as it seems you do).

Question. If it's your intent to sell some side markers and you were going to have to dig though the clutter anyway to ship. So you are going to have to get them out, verify they are in the condition you remember they are in and then ship. Might as well get them out before hand, verify they are in good condition BEFORE you ship. (or better yet, before you put them up for sale)

Again, this isn't about your specific example. Not everyone here is the same. Which is the point of the OP's request.

Also regional for sale sections are no longer being implimented according to the admin. If your regional already has a for sale section, then it's grandfathered in.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:23 PM
IMHO of course, Mike I'd still sell you man. I don't take things too personally(as it seems you do).

Question. If it's your intent to sell some side markers and you were going to have to dig though the clutter anyway to ship. So you are going to have to get them out, verify they are in the condition you remember they are in and then ship. Might as well get them out before hand, verify they are in good condition BEFORE you ship. (or better yet, before you put them up for sale)

Again, this isn't about your specific example. Not everyone here is the same. Which is the point of the OP's request.

Also regional for sale sections are no longer being implimented according to the admin. If your regional already has a for sale section, then it's grandfathered in.
1) I don't take anything you write personal (you obviously don't know me, even though you think you do).

2) I never said anything about digging through "clutter" - I dont keep things in clutter)

3) everthing I keep is packaged securely wrapped and in many cases boxed in original packaging

A piece of paper with my name on it wouldnt change any of this (nor would it for anyone else).

Jeff, I don't know why you keep saying "this isn't about me"... of course its not. but just as you stated, I have my opinions too (your not the only one to express your opinion - even though you'd love to be)... the concerns you have are for a very small percentage of sellers (which will never change no matter how controlling you want to be)...

Old 10-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Red Card Crew

Wrong. A piece of paper w/ the item and s/n would eliminate the scammer's ability to pull pics of the net and sell items not in their possession.

I don't know how to take your statement about NOT selling to me. why would you charge me $140 for a $40 set of markers? And why would I be better off not buying from you? On what basis are you making these claims? Explain to me how you are going to quantify these statements on a non-personal manner. Considering you have no purchasing history from me and my iTrader is perfect.

I have to keep saying it's not about you because you keep using your personal examples (that only apply to you) as a general statement about the targeted marketplace demographic.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:23 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
hmmmm... I don't recall saying that

Old 10-14-2009, 04:29 PM
Red Card Crew

I do. Don't make me quote you man.

Last edited by Jeff92se; 10-14-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:39 PM
Wrong. A piece of paper w/ the item and s/n would eliminate the scammer's ability to pull pics of the net and sell items not in their possession.

I don't know how to take your statement about NOT selling to me. why would you charge me $140 for a $40 set of markers? And why would I be better off not buying from you? On what basis are you making these claims? Explain to me how you are going to quantify these statements on a non-personal manner. Considering you have no purchasing history from me and my iTrader is perfect.

I have to keep saying it's not about you because you keep using your personal examples (that only apply to you) as a general statement about the targeted marketplace demographic.
It was an f-ing joke dude… seriously, you take this stuff way too personal… did you forget to take your meds today (this time I’m not kidding).

Old 10-14-2009, 05:50 PM
Red Card Crew

What? When did the joking begin? Because you last reply is pretty consistent to what you have been stating thoughout this entire thread? Were you joking just in the " () " but not anywhere else?

You must have the driest sense of sarcasm this side of the mojave.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:56 PM
What? When did the joking begin? Because you last reply is pretty consistent to what you have been stating thoughout this entire thread? Were you joking just in the " () " but not anywhere else?

You must have the driest sense of sarcasm this side of the mojave.
joking about the $140 side markers (geez - you need some sleep or something)... would it have helped if I added a "" - you comment all the time about my perspective I figured you wold know when I'm kidding. (I'm pretty sure anyone with an ounce of common sense would have figured that $140 isn't serious).

It's becoming even more apparent that you take things too personal.

Just drop it Jeff, I'm even getting bored of this cr@p, So I know others must be (even though you dont care, most do). But I know you arent capable of dropping it
(never can)... so type away.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Marketplace Pictures, Rules & Improvements