G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Classified Forums - New design & functionality

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 05:47 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Godzilla35
so should I delete / re-list my item for sale? i don't get it... and what if i took pics that i haven't updated yet, but I didn't do the handwritten sign thing?
No, you should not delete/re-list your thread. If your thread was made before the changes, then it will stay as is. When you update your thread with changes, you will be subject to the new rules.

also, what if you prefer local sale but might be willing to ship? sorry if these were answered somewhere in the post / links but i didn't see them.
If you start a new thread and prefer a local sale, BUT are still willing to ship elsewhere, it would be best to leave it general and just state that a local sale will take precedence over shipping.

Hope this clears things up for you, and for others who are wondering.

If you've already read the rules and STILL have questions, feel free to ask here or PM a staff member.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:53 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by xjonmo
why can't you view all posts in the private classifieds anymore?
Advanced search isn't working in Classifieds right now.
IB is working on it.
We're hoping to get it back soon.

Old 10-29-2009, 03:19 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Originally Posted by InTgr8r
Originally Posted by xjonmo
why can't you view all posts in the private classifieds anymore?
Advanced search isn't working in Classifieds right now.
IB is working on it.
We're hoping to get it back soon.
OK...
I found a fix, it's back

Old 10-29-2009, 05:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
is number 5, current pictures, required for only local sales, too? I find it a nuisance to post recent pics, especially if one must come pick it up (ie. no chance for misrepresentation).

Old 10-29-2009, 11:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by elayman
is number 5, current pictures, required for only local sales, too? I find it a nuisance to post recent pics, especially if one must come pick it up (ie. no chance for misrepresentation).
I do agree, but at the same time a local sale could still drive from an hour away or maybe more depending on the item. I still always ask for pics from anyone local before I make the trip out.

I'm not saying it should be a rule or not, but it does make good business sense to have one to attract more buyers.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:45 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Originally Posted by elayman
Originally Posted by jekl1000
I do agree, but at the same time a local sale could still drive from an hour away or maybe more depending on the item. I still always ask for pics from anyone local before I make the trip out.

I'm not saying it should be a rule or not, but it does make good business sense to have one to attract more buyers.

Yes #5 current pic with username and date, applies to all FS items local or not.

The buyer should be able to determine his interest from the sellers post.
It insures that item(s) are not misrepresented before wasting time to go look.
As a seller, you don't waste time meeting with someone not predisposed to buy.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:33 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by kernel
yup....here's an excerpt from the rules that addresses this.

Basically, if you see a thread is locked you won't even need to enter because you'll know the item is sold. You can still go view it if needed so you can see what it sold for to get an idea if another item you are looking at is priced reasonably, or if you are trying to figure out how much you should sell your item for.

Complete list of the new rules are listed here.
this is a very good feature!

Old 11-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can we seperate the Canadian classifieds from the US classifieds, other than going by the prefixes?

Old 11-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts
This is AWESOME good job guys.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:28 AM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kingrukus
Can we seperate the Canadian classifieds from the US classifieds, other than going by the prefixes?
Can you please elaborate on why?

I realize it may take an extra two clicks to put the filter in, but I think Ian did a great job with this and personally prefer the prefix. While I realize that the Canadian section had value, I think the same could have been argued for SoCal and NorCal to get their own sections, but they never did. Now, we have one section and everyone can use the prefixes if they want to see something specific to their area.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:45 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by kernel
Can you please elaborate on why?

I realize it may take an extra two clicks to put the filter in, but I think Ian did a great job with this and personally prefer the prefix. While I realize that the Canadian section had value, I think the same could have been argued for SoCal and NorCal to get their own sections, but they never did. Now, we have one section and everyone can use the prefixes if they want to see something specific to their area.
He did not ask for a section for each province just for our whole country Canada as the US has, so I do not see where your statement that if Canada has a separate section then SoCal or NorCal should. That does not make sense

Old 11-02-2009, 09:19 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Originally Posted by GEE35FX
He did not ask for a section for each province just for our whole country Canada as the US has, so I do not see where your statement that if Canada has a separate section then SoCal or NorCal should. That does not make sense
Yes, but Canada is a 'regional section' on 'Driver, the same way as NorCal, SoCal & all the others are.
There is an ever increasing need for regional sales for each of the regional sections that we have here.
Other regions have been doing without for a long time now.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:34 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by InTgr8r
Yes, but Canada is a 'regional section' on 'Driver, the same way as NorCal, SoCal & all the others are.
There is an ever increasing need for regional sales for each of the regional sections that we have here.
Other regions have been doing without for a long time now.
I'm just pi$$ed off that Canada is being compared to part of a State, same old, same old, many of them still think we all live in igloos and also have dog sleds. Eh

Old 11-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
I hear ya... but that's really not the intention.
They're just regional breakdowns;
Cal region, is the oddity that has 2 regions in one state,
Midwest region on the other hand has 16 states in it.
Our Canadian region happens to be an entire country.

Every region here is unique in some way.
We're trying to treat each in an equitable and fair way.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by GEE35FX
I'm just pi$$ed off that Canada is being compared to part of a State, same old, same old, many of them still think we all live in igloos and also have dog sleds. Eh
I would venture to say there are as many (very likely more) members in the regions mentioned as all of Canada... I think that's why they referenced it.

On the other hand - I understand why you would want a separate section - because typically a US seller is not going to want to ship to Canada - but apparently the "prefix" sort addresses this.

To address your post directly, I don't think anyone thinks you have igloos and dog sleds - you just don't have as many members as some other regions.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Classified Forums - New design & functionality