G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Marketplace (username paper dealio)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 05:55 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by alfhasg35
I think we, as high itrader sellers/buyers should set an example by following the rules. A piece of paper with ur name on it is nothing to be able to sell on a forum with no fees.
often times its a benefit to the buyer not the seller... most of the stuff I've sold has benefited the buyer more than me.

I understand your point - but I dont agree that I should be thankful for the forum to allow sell for free, I think the people that have got good deals should be thankful (it could sit in my garage for all I care).

Old 11-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
Writing your name on a piece of paper takes what, 15 seconds? In return it deters scammers. It's a great tradeoff

Old 11-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
I like the OP's thinking but it's probably a necessary evil. Plus it'd be a big argument about how many iTraders is enough, etc. and more work for the mods to communicate the policy and then enforce it.

Old 11-23-2010, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by Tian
Writing your name on a piece of paper takes what, 15 seconds? In return it deters scammers. It's a great tradeoff
I keep all the parts I dont use packaged real well and stored away... it's not taking the pic that is the hassle, it's digging out the part, unpacking taking pic, paper/name, downloading - blah... for 3K wheels fine, for 100 bux or less, nah.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:23 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
If you think about it though with photoshop nowadays you can put a sign in any picture even if its not yours. I feel the safest way to deal is w/ the i-trader. There really is no other then way then meeting up in person.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:42 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS
Well the majority of us that scan the marketplace like a hawk are usually the first to say "you need a picture with yatayatya"

So why not just flag the posts for you guys? You'll be deleting less posts this way anyways.
most people don't flag posts though...

Personally, I don't think it should be compromised. There has been more than one member on this forum and others that were well established with plenty of positive feedback, then ended up scamming someone.

Everyone wants to see pics anyway, so if u have to take pics u might as well take a few more seconds to take one with a handwritten sign.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:58 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by kernel
most people don't flag posts though...

Personally, I don't think it should be compromised. There has been more than one member on this forum and others that were well established with plenty of positive feedback, then ended up scamming someone.

Everyone wants to see pics anyway, so if u have to take pics u might as well take a few more seconds to take one with a handwritten sign.
Completely agree, I think of a few occasions where members with a high number of positive iTrader feedbacks have scammed other members. In the end, no one wants to be scammed out of their hard earned money and this is just one small criteria that has been put in place to help lessen the amount of swindling and fraud here.

To give an analogy, it's really no different than today's beefed up airport security. While a small PITA, it's there to protect the people.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:16 PM
Received 295 Likes on 183 Posts
My350z has the same rule. A lil more **** though. I actually forgot to put my my350z screename on the piece of paper, I had my GDriver screename on there, I just copied and pasted my whole sale thread from here and wasn't even given a warning, the mods just flat out deleted my post and gave me an infraction.

I think they hate on us here sometimes...

Old 11-23-2010, 08:19 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by alfhasg35
My350z has the same rule. A lil more **** though. I actually forgot to put my my350z screename on the piece of paper, I had my GDriver screename on there, I just copied and pasted my whole sale thread from here and wasn't even given a warning, the mods just flat out deleted my post and gave me an infraction.

I think they hate on us here sometimes...
Wow, I can undertand deleting your post as that would happen here as well......but an infraction???

Old 11-23-2010, 08:25 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts
yes I have 2 infractions on my account for not having my350z.com forum name in the pic.....

Last edited by g35man04; 11-23-2010 at 08:29 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:33 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Wow, I can undertand deleting your post as that would happen here as well......but an infraction???
+1 - SERIOUSLY!? An infraction for that is complete bs. The only way I could ever see a staff member giving an infraction for that is if you just kept creating threads over and over trying to sell stuff, and had gotten multiple warnings and just continued to blatantly ignore it.

When I saw members continue to keep posting up the same thread after it was deleted b/c of no pic, I usually sent them a PM and that settled things quickly.

I'm still surprised at the infraction for that....and you guys think the staff here over-moderates.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:44 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
+1 wow ....that's just plain nuts.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:47 PM
Received 295 Likes on 183 Posts
Seriously.. I was like. Sorry, I'll do it. And then I took another pic with the username and reposted the sale thread. Never once did I ever have a problem over there and I had a miscommunication here just once and it was resolved and overturned..
Originally Posted by kernel
+1 - SERIOUSLY!? An infraction for that is complete bs. The only way I could ever see a staff member giving an infraction for that is if you just kept creating threads over and over trying to sell stuff, and had gotten multiple warnings and just continued to blatantly ignore it.

When I saw members continue to keep posting up the same thread after it was deleted b/c of no pic, I usually sent them a PM and that settled things quickly.

I'm still surprised at the infraction for that....and you guys think the staff here over-moderates.
Its not bad here

Old 11-23-2010, 08:48 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
If you can't post a s/n for the protection of all the rest of the members, then don't sell your stuff here.

Posting for sale threads in sections other than the marketplace is also against the rules.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:21 PM

To give an analogy, it's really no different than today's beefed up airport security. While a small PITA, it's there to protect the people.
just admit it - you like your "junk touched" and you dont even need a wad of bills

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Marketplace (username paper dealio)