G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Miserable Users

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 03:15 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by TIAN
Politicalforum rules

Might have to cue up some new rules and infractions for the political section
And what good does posting the rules do if you can't POST IN THE POLITCAL SECTION?

Old 12-28-2013, 03:16 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
debatepolitics rules

1. Freedom of Speech - "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

At Debate Politics we see freedom of speech as the right to communicate ideas. With this right comes the responsibility to choose your words carefully and respect the rights of others. Common sense dictates the difference between one expressing themselves and one who is disruptive. If you are focused on contributing to the community, you will not have to be concerned with being a disruption. Disruptive behavior, such as personal attacks, can lead to temporary or permanent revocation of posting privileges.

3. Baiting/Flaming/Trolling - To bait someone in a general sense is to make a comment with a purposeful intent to coerce some form of response from the individual. In some cases this device can be a useful tool of debate, eliciting responses to highlight a point or reveal an underlying truth concerning someone’s argument. However, in other cases the intent of the bait is less focused on debating. “Flamebaiting” is making statements intended to cause an angry or emotional response/flame from the person. Another form of baiting is known as “derailing” or “thread-jacking”. This is deliberate act of making statements with an aim of diverting the topic of a thread significantly from its main focus. These negative forms of baiting constitute a rules violation that can potentially lead to a suspension of posting privileges.

"Originally, flame meant to carry forth in a passionate manner in the spirit of honorable debate. Flames most often involved the use of flowery language and flaming well was an art form. More recently flame has come to refer to "any kind of derogatory comment no matter how witless or crude."[google] In a forum with sensitive topics such as this, derogatory flaming is bound to happen. Common sense will prevail, yet this is not an invitation to flame. e.g. "You stupid *****ing moron," is completely unacceptable and could lead to a suspension of posting privileges.

Trolling is a diversionary tactic of those who “deliberately exploit tendencies of human nature or of an online community to upset people” or those “who post inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages” to disrupt normal on-topic discussions. [Wikipedia]. Ignorance, bias, and genuine dissent are not trolling, though at times they may appear similar due to the disingenuous nature of some trolls. Trolling is not allowed and can potentially lead to the suspension of posting privileges.

4. Don't Be A Jerk (DBAJ) - This simply means what it sounds like.

6. Moderators - Moderators are the key to the success of any board. They are expected to live up to a higher standard and as such we expect you to treat them with a higher standard. Any rule broken against a Moderator could result in a temporary suspension of posting priveleges. Publicly disrespectful behavior from a member toward a Moderator regarding Moderator actions or decisions may also result in a summary suspension of that member's posting privileges.

Please note that the moderating team is under no obligation to read every post. Occasionally, inappropriate posts will slip by unnoticed by the mods. If you see one of these posts, please report it immediately by using the "report post" button under the offenders avatar. This is the icon:

6a. Moderator Actions - If there are any concerns over Moderator actions, the only way to officially address them is with a private message (PM) to Schweddy, a Moderator, or using the Contact Us dispute process. Your feedback and concerns are very valuable to the success of this board. Each and every PM will be read and investigated. However, until specifically told by a Moderator of a reversal, the Moderator action is considered official.

Publicly disrespectful and/or negative behavior from a member regarding a Moderator's capacity as a Mod, the Moderator Team in general, or Moderator actions may not occur on any open open areas of the website. Violations of any of the above guidelines is termed Insubordination and may result in a summary suspension or termination of that member's posting privileges.
and you all complain cause I wont let you throw sand in your sandbox

Old 12-28-2013, 03:19 PM
1. Freedom of Speech - "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

At Debate Politics we see freedom of speech as the right to communicate ideas. With this right comes the responsibility to choose your words carefully and respect the rights of others. Common sense dictates the difference between one expressing themselves and one who is disruptive. If you are focused on contributing to the community, you will not have to be concerned with being a disruption. Disruptive behavior, such as personal attacks, can lead to temporary or permanent revocation of posting privileges.

3. Baiting/Flaming/Trolling - To bait someone in a general sense is to make a comment with a purposeful intent to coerce some form of response from the individual. In some cases this device can be a useful tool of debate, eliciting responses to highlight a point or reveal an underlying truth concerning someone’s argument. However, in other cases the intent of the bait is less focused on debating. “Flamebaiting” is making statements intended to cause an angry or emotional response/flame from the person. Another form of baiting is known as “derailing” or “thread-jacking”. This is deliberate act of making statements with an aim of diverting the topic of a thread significantly from its main focus. These negative forms of baiting constitute a rules violation that can potentially lead to a suspension of posting privileges.

"Originally, flame meant to carry forth in a passionate manner in the spirit of honorable debate. Flames most often involved the use of flowery language and flaming well was an art form. More recently flame has come to refer to "any kind of derogatory comment no matter how witless or crude."[google] In a forum with sensitive topics such as this, derogatory flaming is bound to happen. Common sense will prevail, yet this is not an invitation to flame. e.g. "You stupid *****ing moron," is completely unacceptable and could lead to a suspension of posting privileges.

Trolling is a diversionary tactic of those who “deliberately exploit tendencies of human nature or of an online community to upset people” or those “who post inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages” to disrupt normal on-topic discussions. [Wikipedia]. Ignorance, bias, and genuine dissent are not trolling, though at times they may appear similar due to the disingenuous nature of some trolls. Trolling is not allowed and can potentially lead to the suspension of posting privileges.

4. Don't Be A Jerk (DBAJ) - This simply means what it sounds like.

6. Moderators - Moderators are the key to the success of any board. They are expected to live up to a higher standard and as such we expect you to treat them with a higher standard. Any rule broken against a Moderator could result in a temporary suspension of posting priveleges. Publicly disrespectful behavior from a member toward a Moderator regarding Moderator actions or decisions may also result in a summary suspension of that member's posting privileges.

Please note that the moderating team is under no obligation to read every post. Occasionally, inappropriate posts will slip by unnoticed by the mods. If you see one of these posts, please report it immediately by using the "report post" button under the offenders avatar. This is the icon:

6a. Moderator Actions - If there are any concerns over Moderator actions, the only way to officially address them is with a private message (PM) to Schweddy, a Moderator, or using the Contact Us dispute process. Your feedback and concerns are very valuable to the success of this board. Each and every PM will be read and investigated. However, until specifically told by a Moderator of a reversal, the Moderator action is considered official.

Publicly disrespectful and/or negative behavior from a member regarding a Moderator's capacity as a Mod, the Moderator Team in general, or Moderator actions may not occur on any open open areas of the website. Violations of any of the above guidelines is termed Insubordination and may result in a summary suspension or termination of that member's posting privileges.
Agree, I have no reason to think that YOU have not lived up to that standard.

Old 12-28-2013, 03:27 PM
Hold The Line

Originally Posted by Texasscout
I HAVE reported staff before, nothing happened and I began to see that it was a "good ol' boys" club so, I will never give names again. That's why others will not either
To whom? I've never received a PM?

And what good does posting the rules do if you can't POST IN THE POLITCAL SECTION?
A simple pull from the top 2 political forums rule book.

You all lost the privilege to that section. I simply posted those rules so you all can see how you treat this car forum into a political free for all. I will be drafting new rules and infractions specifically for the political forum and will be much more heavily involved. Unfortunately, I will no longer be lenient with senior members.

I have nothing left to say. I've played ball long enough and have responded publicly to most of the questions. The thread will remain open and will be moderated.

Old 12-28-2013, 03:30 PM
No, we ALL lost the privilege to that section, you didn't just ban me or a few others, you shut the whole thing down. That is just three year old cry and go home stuff.

Old 12-28-2013, 03:37 PM
Received 290 Likes on 218 Posts
Have I ever been put in MU status or close to it.

Thanks

Edit: I guess this means my350z political section will be staying extra busy in 2014

Old 12-28-2013, 04:53 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
I HAVE reported staff before, nothing happened and I began to see that it was a "good ol' boys" club so, I will never give names again. That's why others will not either
I've been put on MU so there goes your good ol'e boys theory.

The political section lock down is because GT/E and CU350z brought off topic and off forum personal BS into the political section. And since I feel the moderation speed for reaction was slower than I "thought" was acceptable, I had to sit there and defend myself in public. Since Tian wasn't going to sort though the entire reason why two people are slinging dirt at me because they can't hold an adult conversation, out went the MU on me and CU350z. I have no idea why Amataur has a problem, he barely even posts in policial section.

Tex, you and me have our differences, but always been able to discuss them, present our case and let the chips lay where they do. You've never been banned. How do I know? Because if you havve been actually been banned, the site will show you have been banned to XX date. MU ban? From the sound of it, you have not. I've had problems getting access to the site and it's not like a MU ban. How do I know? because I've experienced both and you have not.

I hope that clears it up for you. To me, you've been treated more than fair. I've been banned more than you ever will here.

Last edited by Jeff92se; 12-28-2013 at 05:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TIAN (12-28-2013)
Old 12-28-2013, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I've been put on MU so there goes your good ol'e boys theory.
That's not what I meant. By "good ol' boys", I meant that the mods/admins/staff will cover (up) for each other.

I may have never been on MU, but is damn sure felt like it.

And as I said previous, killing the whole section just because they can't control a pissin' contest, is just wrong.

Old 12-28-2013, 06:21 PM
Red Card Crew

That's not what I meant. By "good ol' boys", I meant that the mods/admins/staff will cover (up) for each other.

I may have never been on MU, but is damn sure felt like it.

And as I said previous, killing the whole section just because they can't control a pissin' contest, is just wrong.
I don't know how the mod conversations go here. But decesions are made by commitee and not alone. So if you have problem with one mod, you have a problem with all of them.

We went over this already. Mods are allowed to have their opinion as long as they moderate fairly. I've taken 1000% more abuse as a mod on my site because I didn't want anyone to claim any moderator bias. Mods here have not taken nearly as much abuse as I have. Then again, I'm used to being flamed. As people cannot have an adult conversation when their argument is perceived as incorrect.

I don't agree with closing the politics section. It's really just a few troll/flame baiters that come here just to start problems with other members. Keep it on topic and there wouldn't be a problem.

It looks like it will be open again after the new year with new rules. I'm not sure how they will be enforced as some of the rules are pretty subjective but whatever. It's their site and this isn't a democracy. It's their rules and we can all choose to accept them or not. I just ask that as the rules get more strict, then the review of violations have to have more scrutiney. Not just general sweeping bans just because a few here choose to target one person to sling mud at. Especially from issues that are YEARS old and from other sites.

Old 12-28-2013, 08:49 PM
Well, we'll see how it goes, It just may be time to find another outlet for my frustrations. If they want a "car forum first and for most" then they need to close the entire "off topic" section just to be fair. But they won't, someone stepped on some toes and so "I'll take my toys and go home" prevailed.

BTW, I have always enjoyed our parlays, you are a true patriot to the cause you believe in. We need more like you around.

Old 01-01-2014, 07:57 PM
Red Card Crew

How did you post in the political section yesterday?

Old 01-01-2014, 08:33 PM
I didn't. I posted in the OT and someone must have moved it.

Just checked, some ******* mod must have deleted it.

Last edited by Texasscout; 01-01-2014 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:04 AM
Red Card Crew

I thought it was going to be reopened after the new year? Why the new rules to keep it closed?

Old 01-02-2014, 12:15 AM
Hold The Line

TOU being revised

Old 01-02-2014, 08:37 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I thought it was going to be reopened after the new year? Why the new rules to keep it closed?
November 2014 is still technically AFTER the new year.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Miserable Users