G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

Is it Best to put Deposit on G37?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 05:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it Best to put Deposit on G37?

From going through some of the forums I have noticed that some (alot) have put in their deposits for the G37. However, I am getting mixed reviews. Some say it is not good to put the deposit in and wait for it to arrive on the lot. Should I put my deposit in??? What are the negatives to this?

Old 04-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Putting a deposit down usually allows you to be able to purchase the first shipment of cars. Most deposits are refundable, so there really is not down side, if you change your mind, then you can get your deposit back. I am not putting down a deposit, because I will just wait for them to arrive at the dealerships, I don't need to be the very first person to have one. It is really your decision, there are not really any negatives to putting down a deposit.

Old 04-11-2007, 12:20 AM
I put a deposit down on the new coupe for this reason. Like was said in the previous post it does give you the first right of refusal for what ever car that comes in to the dealership. The main advantage I see is I don't for see them getting the color and options the way I want and by having a deposit in it will allow me to have my order placed as soon as they see what the factory will be sending them.

Old 04-11-2007, 12:33 AM
depends on the deposit. 500-1000 deposit don't mean shlt. its all about whoever signs on the line. thats who will get the car.

you can have a 1000 deposit on the car you exactl want. the dealer calls u and says one just arrived.

you get there 2 days later, dealer tells you its sold already.

happends all the time.

Old 04-11-2007, 12:38 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Deposit..........

Putting down a deposit might be a good idea if you wanted one of the first
G37s on the street.......but would that also lock in a price or could they
just charge you sticker plus one or two K? That wouldn't be worth it to me!

Old 04-11-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by gary c
Putting down a deposit might be a good idea if you wanted one of the first
G37s on the street.......but would that also lock in a price or could they
just charge you sticker plus one or two K? That wouldn't be worth it to me!
Sticker + 1 or 2K Naaaaw man. iunno how they do out in Cali, but when i put my deposit down they wrote:

"$500 refundable deposit on 08 G37 coupe to be sold at MSRP"
I raised an eyebrow at the MSRP wording, but we'll see what happens. Def not MORE than sticker tho... i wdnt imagine.

Old 04-11-2007, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by Ahujadaddy
Sticker + 1 or 2K Naaaaw man. iunno how they do out in Cali, but when i put my deposit down they wrote:

"$500 refundable deposit on 08 G37 coupe to be sold at MSRP"
I raised an eyebrow at the MSRP wording, but we'll see what happens. Def not MORE than sticker tho... i wdnt imagine.
My deal is MSRP as well and yeah I DO want to be the first one on the street with one. My agreement still says that the price will be determined once the configuration is set. The dealer knows what I am looking for with regards to options, but if a Black Obsidian comes in that is close to what I want I may accept that one. As we know the option list is pretty short for these cars (not like optioning a BMW...)

My dealer will also contact me as soon as he knows what's going to be on the truck headed his way, so it's not like delivering a baby and you have to wait for the semi to show up with the Coupe-child. If I like what's coming, I'll be standing there with my check and he'll be handing me the keys as it rolls off.

This stuff keeps me young!

As the saying goes "curiosity is the cure for boredom, and there is no cure for curiosity"

Old 04-11-2007, 12:36 PM
I am debating put a deposit also. the having the first one on the streets thing vs will it go down in price? I think the price will drop from MRSP but how long will it take? probably longer than I want to wait.

Old 04-11-2007, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by GoofyG
I am debating put a deposit also. the having the first one on the streets thing vs will it go down in price? I think the price will drop from MRSP but how long will it take? probably longer than I want to wait.
i was quoted msrp.. not a penny more.. not a penny less. Depending on the type of relationship you have with your dealer.. i doubt you will be able to bargain msrp for a while.. maybe 6 mo..(date pulled out my a$$). Once the Infiniti marketing machine swings into full force i expect there will be a lot of interest. From your dealerships POV if you dont want to pay MSRP.. the person in line behind you prob. will.

Old 04-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
i was quoted msrp.. not a penny more.. not a penny less. Depending on the type of relationship you have with your dealer.. i doubt you will be able to bargain msrp for a while.. maybe 6 mo..(date pulled out my a$$). Once the Infiniti marketing machine swings into full force i expect there will be a lot of interest. From your dealerships POV if you dont want to pay MSRP.. the person in line behind you prob. will.
That is dead-on correct. They WILL sell for MSRP for quite some time when they start rolling in. If you have a good relationship with a dealer they may throw you some discount as a goodwill gesture, but what the heck is a few hundred or a grand off MSRP anyway? It's only money!

We don't buy cars as an investment, and we all know we are going to lose money in a hurry on every car we buy. We buy them because we are passionate and that my friend is why I want to be the first one back here with a picture of my new Black G37!! Life's too short (corny,but correct)

Old 04-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by G37Coupe
That is dead-on correct. They WILL sell for MSRP for quite some time when they start rolling in. If you have a good relationship with a dealer they may throw you some discount as a goodwill gesture, but what the heck is a few hundred or a grand off MSRP anyway? It's only money!

We don't buy cars as an investment, and we all know we are going to lose money in a hurry on every car we buy. We buy them because we are passionate and that my friend is why I want to be the first one back here with a picture of my new Black G37!! Life's too short (corny,but correct)
Nothing wrong with wanting to be the first one man. Like you I am passionate about cars. Totally agree, life is too short, I am not going to wait around just to try and save a thosand dollars or so. Can't wait to have one of these awesome machines!!

Old 04-11-2007, 04:32 PM
and that my friend is why I want to be the first one back here with a picture of my new Black G37!! Life's too short (corny,but correct)
not if i get my black 6mt g37 first!! i dropped my deposit down a few weeks back.. 1st in line at the largest infiniti dealer in boston!

..hmmm does the infiniti boat hit california first or NY ???

Old 04-11-2007, 04:45 PM
I'll buy you dinner at Skipjacks if you're first.

Old 04-11-2007, 05:45 PM
I'll buy you dinner at Skipjacks if you're first.
you're on!

Old 04-11-2007, 06:29 PM
G37 line starts here<G>

I have a deposit down on a new G37 Coupe at large dealer here in Houston. No downside and I like having the first one in Houston if I can get lucky and get what I want on the first truck to the dealer. Dealer is telling me I should get it in July. He hit it on the nose for my 2003 G35, delivered halloween day at 2pm in 2002 and on my 2006 M45.

Deal will be MSRP and listed my preferences but will consider adjusting if something is close to what I want on that first truck. Im looking for a loaded Red - Sport, Premium, Navigation and Tech packages on it, an automatic so wife can drive it too<G>.

Im getting excited, drove the new sedan for the first time today while my old coupe was in for routine service, a very nice ride.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is it Best to put Deposit on G37?