G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

See The G37 In Person At Stillen Sat 6/9

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
The G37 in the picture has the optional rear spoiler.
great I glad they have a option
that chrome lip has to go..

Old 06-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mantisG35
here's my pictures. i was like the first to arrive this morning... the car is much better in person.
good night now.
Nice pics! I think that's the first time I've seen the new tail lights lit up. Interesting to see the inner circles aren't complete.

As for others comparing the design/ride height to the red G35 in the pics, keep in mind that it's a modded G35. I know we've seen the silver non-sport Gs parked next to each other, but I'm curious how a stock red G35 will look parked next to a red G37 sport.

Old 06-11-2007, 01:59 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by anotha
Just a question to get out of the way...for those of you who saw the coupe at stillen what did you think of the room for the passenger seats in the back?

I sat back there for about 5 minutes contenplating how far my neck can bend sideways until it's stuck that way permanently. I am 5'11" and I can get away in the back of the G35 Coupe by leaning forward alittle bit so the back of my head doesn't hit the glass. In the G37 Coupe it seems like I have to snap my head 90degrees toward the center of the car to fit back there.

They smoothed out the inner panel to create more room for the elbow, but the glass is definitely lower as it the roof. In fact the roof seems very flat on top than the G35 Coupe. There is less legroom in the rear compared to the G35 Coupe. The new seat seems thicker and that also contributes to reduced knee room in the back.

Old 06-11-2007, 04:29 AM
Did anyone feel the shifter while the car was idling or revving?? Did they eliminate the vibration?

Old 06-11-2007, 07:31 AM
Originally Posted by Sukairain
I sat back there for about 5 minutes contenplating how far my neck can bend sideways until it's stuck that way permanently. I am 5'11" and I can get away in the back of the G35 Coupe by leaning forward alittle bit so the back of my head doesn't hit the glass. In the G37 Coupe it seems like I have to snap my head 90degrees toward the center of the car to fit back there.

They smoothed out the inner panel to create more room for the elbow, but the glass is definitely lower as it the roof. In fact the roof seems very flat on top than the G35 Coupe. There is less legroom in the rear compared to the G35 Coupe. The new seat seems thicker and that also contributes to reduced knee room in the back.
Damnit, that is not what I wanted to hear . Thanks for the input though

Old 06-11-2007, 08:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by verbal assassin

It's clearly a trunk release button man. This G doesn't have the rear-backup camera.

Everycar that has one, including the Nissan Armada, has some black lense and 4 sensors on the bumper. i dont see any sensors on this G. Sensors aid in reversing and lets u know when ur way too close. all OEM cars with reverse camera has them.
I pray that Infiniti doesn't add those hideous sensors to this bumper. My M35 has the back-up camera but no sensors. I don't care where they put it...NO SENSORS!!!!

Old 06-11-2007, 09:31 AM
I hate those sensor dots as well. My order is with NAV and I have heard nothing about back-up sensors. Those are a joke unless you're driving a big van. I can handle the chrome lip over sensors!!

Old 06-11-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by joeym43
Nice pics! I think that's the first time I've seen the new tail lights lit up. Interesting to see the inner circles aren't complete.

As for others comparing the design/ride height to the red G35 in the pics, keep in mind that it's a modded G35. I know we've seen the silver non-sport Gs parked next to each other, but I'm curious how a stock red G35 will look parked next to a red G37 sport.
i asked the editor to step on brakes for me to take the picture.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:27 PM
eh.. it looks better than the older pics of the g37...

but its too curvy

Old 06-11-2007, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by Sukairain

what i thought was the rear seat was pushed back a little. it looks like you have more leg room, or longer seat cushions but less head room

Old 06-11-2007, 01:05 PM
the rear seats in my 03 coupe were ok... not too many complaints from the few people who sat back there.. but to be honest.. having room in the back for passengers is very low on my priority list (maybe 2 out of 10). if "comforatable" seating for four was a requirement i'd be looking at the g35 sedan or a bmw sedan. i agree w/others who might be dissapointed by less than ideal seating in the back for the new g... i'll bet infiniti considered form over function with this car as overall looks trumped a cramped back seat.
bm

Old 06-11-2007, 01:27 PM
Looking very nice. I have to definetley consider upgrading my 07 sedan for the coupe.

No one has any video?

Old 06-11-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by mchong75
Looking very nice. I have to definetley consider upgrading my 07 sedan for the coupe.

No one has any video?
i would never consider giving in my 07 sedan for a G37...you should enjoy your car for what it is. I'm sure in terms of speed they will be relatively equal.

Old 06-11-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
the rear seats in my 03 coupe were ok... not too many complaints from the few people who sat back there.. but to be honest.. having room in the back for passengers is very low on my priority list (maybe 2 out of 10). if "comforatable" seating for four was a requirement i'd be looking at the g35 sedan or a bmw sedan. i agree w/others who might be dissapointed by less than ideal seating in the back for the new g... i'll bet infiniti considered form over function with this car as overall looks trumped a cramped back seat.
bm
I have yet to meet a coupe that puts the back seat passengers anywhere on the top 10 list of manufacturers design issues. If driving occupants in the back over 5 feet tall for more than a few miles is on anyone's list looking at the G37, than I would say you better buy something else. Modern coupes are essentially two-seaters and I think we all know that.

Old 06-11-2007, 02:19 PM
I checked out the specs last night comparing the G37's and G35's interior room. Although I agree the G37 felt like it had less headroom, the difference is only 1/5 of an inch, or hardly worth mentioning. The legroom is, however, much less, 1.6 inches less to be exact. The rear occupants do get more hiproom though. Overall passenger volume in cubic feet is down by 3 and trunk volume is also down. I'd love to know where that extra inch in length went.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: See The G37 In Person At Stillen Sat 6/9