G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

See The G37 In Person At Stillen Sat 6/9

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 11:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm liking your thoughts there, kid. I was never in the market to buy an Infiniti until now. The G37 fits my current desire and passion for a new ride. If it's a disappointment, it will be gone. It seems to have too much going for it, from a value standpoint for me to be disappointed. I have looked at the 335 Coupe as well and there are now too many on the street here in Chicago for me to consider one. Plus, I find it kinda boring looking both in and out and if it doesn't stir MY blood than it's off my list.

Can't wait.

Old 06-14-2007, 01:16 PM
i like the g37 alot for what it is. its the newer version of my car, i would be stupid not to like it. i love my car alot and it doesnt matter thats is the older gen its still hotter than anything under 70 grand, besides the g37, which i feel looks so much like my car anyway, and thats the only reason why im not really interested on trading in for it because i have been their done that and won a tee shirt with the g35. too me the new car is slightly different from what i own. and my cuz who owns a z and soo many of our friends who i showed g37 to and asked for their thoughts (we are all car fanatics) said keep mine. have no payments, supercharge her and get something else later that doesn't look like my car im thinking 08 m3.
but anyway to those that are saying the g37 is ugly they are lieing to themselves the car is beautiful just as or maybe even more than a g35. but if infiniti really wanted the cars to sell they should have stuck with that concept pic and i would be right in line with the rest of this furom to trade my outdated g35 in. the g35 to 37 evolution is subtle and reminds me of what they did with the altima from 04-to 05 and i think nissan came out with ser to have more power under the hood too and gave it the z interior and dash board. it had new tail lights and new L shaped headlights but it was still the same altima. now for 07 the altima is completely completely redesigned, now it doesn't look like altima it looks like a maxima. so i have this weird feeling that infinti or nissan will change the styling of the g in 2 yrs again to make it more of a drastic change in the cars appearance

Old 06-14-2007, 01:41 PM
Add me to the list of those who like the G37 better than the G35. Parked next to each other at Stillen, there was no doubt in my mind that the G37 was the better looking car.

Old 06-14-2007, 05:39 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I was going to buy a Mercedes C-Klass Coupe until I saw the Lexu IS300. I was about to buy the IS300 then I saw the picture of the original G35 sedan. Then when my G35 sedan finally got to the dealership I saw the picture of the G35 Coupe. Then when I was about to pick up my Brillliant Silver Automatic G35 Coupe I saw the Caribbean Blue 6MT.

Seriously, the G35 Coupe is so much better looking than any of its competitors it's not even close. The IS300 looks like a Corolla, the BMW 3 series looks boring, and the Lexus TL is a Honda Accord. Oh wait...., I am still stuck back in 2002.

Old 06-16-2007, 06:58 PM
I was looking in one of the threads titled vibrant red pics, from the 50th anniversary celebration, and i saw the interior color which i was really liking but idk if that is wheat leather or just a color available 4 Japanese models oh and Im still confused. I wanted to order a black g37 wiht nav package. Ive seen the optional spoiler and am considering it, Can i still get the spoiler with nav package?

Last edited by anotha; 06-16-2007 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by anotha
Im still confused. I wanted to order a black g37 wiht nav package. Ive seen the optional spoiler and am liking it, Can i still get the spoiler with nav package?
The spoiler is an option available after the Sports Package is ordered. The Sports Package is standard with the 6MT and is an option with the Journey (w/5AT). So, if you order the 6 speed manual or the automatic in Journey trim with the Sports Package option, then you could order the rear spoiler.

Old 06-16-2007, 09:04 PM
Yin-Yang and Life
Yep dmkozak is right. My G37 has the rear spoiler and sports package together.

I went to the Infiniti dealership today for the first time to see the interior of the 2007 G35 sedan (pretty much the same as G37's interior) and Wow! I was really impressed by the whole look and feel. I've only been looking at lots of photos of the interior and they don't do justice to what it really looks like in person. Online... it looks a little cheap and not very luxurious. In person... I could see and feel the luxury that "radiates" from it and it looks really nice. I'm even more excited for the G37! Arg... patience, patience... I wish I could hibernate until the day before it's release so then when I wake up I would have a blast looking at all the updates and getting my car the next day or just a few days after that.

Old 06-17-2007, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by G-WannaBe
DID ANYONE ask Stillen about performance mods!!!!!!!!!!?????????

After all, you were seeing this car at one of the well known partners for speed enhancements! Did not 1 person ask this question, and why in 10 pages (on this web site especially)has no one asked this question: When and what will stillien release for the engine? SC or T or TT?

hahahaahah, you sound so pissed and confused hahahhaah

Old 06-17-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by frshgcoupe
hahahaahah, you sound so pissed and confused hahahhaah
glad i aint the only one pissed off right now

Old 06-18-2007, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by Firedawg63nLA
The reason I bought my G because I was like "I want that car". I wasn't like "I'll come back sir when it grows on me..IMO..
Man, your right. I was starting to believe this "its growing on me" bull**** as well. I think I'm going to wait for the GTR.

I'm disappointed with the G37, infiniti made their sports coupe wayy too feminine. The smooth agressive lines on the G35 are perfect for the type of care it is. The G37 just doesn't add up in my mind.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by Yimbie
Yep dmkozak is right. My G37 has the rear spoiler and sports package together.

I went to the Infiniti dealership today for the first time to see the interior of the 2007 G35 sedan (pretty much the same as G37's interior) and Wow! I was really impressed by the whole look and feel. I've only been looking at lots of photos of the interior and they don't do justice to what it really looks like in person. Online... it looks a little cheap and not very luxurious. In person... I could see and feel the luxury that "radiates" from it and it looks really nice. I'm even more excited for the G37! Arg... patience, patience... I wish I could hibernate until the day before it's release so then when I wake up I would have a blast looking at all the updates and getting my car the next day or just a few days after that.
Yeah, I went to check out the G35 sedan interior, so that I could get a feel for the G37, it was amazing. I like what they have done with it, looks great. Like yourself, it is becoming very difficult to wait. Can't wait for the day that my G37 arrives!!

Old 06-18-2007, 10:40 AM
Yin-Yang and Life
Originally Posted by Mapester
Man, your right. I was starting to believe this "its growing on me" bull**** as well. I think I'm going to wait for the GTR.

I'm disappointed with the G37, infiniti made their sports coupe wayy too feminine. The smooth agressive lines on the G35 are perfect for the type of care it is. The G37 just doesn't add up in my mind.
Have you seen it in person?

Old 06-18-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by Yimbie
Have you seen it in person?
a nice car is a nice car in person and in pictures. i have to admit the G37 looks much better in person, but it's not the kinda car you look at and you go "I WANT THIS ONE" like firedawg!!
i guess Firedawg is right. we're like forcing ourselves to like the car without realizing that we really do not HAVE to like it, or get it!!
the G35 was sexy as hell, so we all got it. if some of us dont like the G37 they shouldnt get it. loyalty should not be a factor in this decision, neither liking an older model.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by Firedawg63nLA
I'll stick to my G before moving on. IMO the G37 missed it. I think a M45 would be my next purchase for infiniti. Maybe a GT-R when the fury stops on those and the price isn't a high when it first comes out. Might be time also to get the Porsche 911 after my G..

If a car has to grow on me it's not worth it. Like a woman I want her to be like blam I want it, not she has to grow on me WTF is that? The reason I bought my G because I was like "I want that car". I wasn't like "I'll come back sir when it grows on me..IMO..
that's got to be one of the most valuable posts about G37. ur absolutely right. we're forcing ourselves to like it, while we dont have to!!

Old 06-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by mantisG35
a nice car is a nice car in person and in pictures. i have to admit the G37 looks much better in person, but it's not the kinda car you look at and you go "I WANT THIS ONE" like firedawg!!
i guess Firedawg is right. we're like forcing ourselves to like the car without realizing that we really do not HAVE to like it, or get it!!
the G35 was sexy as hell, so we all got it. if some of us dont like the G37 they shouldnt get it. loyalty should not be a factor in this decision, neither liking an older model.
I agree with your statement. I love the G37 and think it is an amazing machine, that is why I have one on order. However, not everyone, like yourself will like the G37, just like there are some who don't like the G35. Like you said, no one is going to force anyone to buy a certain car, there are plently of other automakers for people to choose from. No one should force themselves to like a car, you either do or you don't, no big deal. People need to stop taking things personal, if some people don't like it, who cares, move on to another car. Good luck with whatever your next car is.

Last edited by InfinitiFreak; 06-18-2007 at 11:58 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: See The G37 In Person At Stillen Sat 6/9