G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

G37 review in Car and Driver Aug Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 03:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This makes the possibility of a G37 sedan even more alluring... lower weight and such. I agree on the drive of the sedan, and why I chose it over the coupe. Looks like it may be the same this time as well. Can't argue with the stealth factor, either. Hm.

Old 06-25-2007, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by picus112
I didn't say the bimmer will drive better, you're so deep in your own opinions on the matter (seriously, how many of your last 200 posts have been about the 335i vs the G37, think about it...) that you can't even see what I posted was a compliment to the Infiniti and the BMW. I said the cars will drive differently, each will have it's advantages but day to day they will feel like different cars, just like the last generation. I am just talking about the way they accelerate, steer, the way the suspensions are tuned. I am not saying either is better, I am saying they will be *different*. That's it.

I don't need to defend my ride. I love my ride and honestly I couldn't possibly care less what a bunch of guys on a *g35* site think of it. I was responding to your ridiculous questions about why anyone would buy a 335i. The answer is: different people like different things.
Picus,

I apologize if I misunderstood you. My original email was not directed toward you. I was mocking the same question that got you to respond to my post. Basically, someone asked why would someone buy a G37 over a 335. Just like you, I thought that was silly, so I was trying to point out reasons why "someone would buy a G37 over a 335". It was done tongue in cheek.

I agree with your points about the cars being different - which i think is obvious as ALL cars are different. Perhaps there are intangibles there that cannot be defined but that might draw people from one brand to another. I didn't bring that up because I thought that it was understood.

Old 06-25-2007, 03:59 PM
Its all in the Test...

Testing both will solve this dilema for those on the fence, I really like the G37 looks better but still want to test them side by side on the sam e day so I can make sure I like the way they drive. I think for any car buyer to decide on numbers alone, they leave open a wide door to future re-thinking once they make their choice.

Hey PPants - you sure you dont want to change your sig to "moved, but rethinking???" LOL - JK

I know you love your car, but I would be interested in seeing your write up after your G37 test drive, that is if you can type with all the tears hitting the keypad at the same time!

Seriously, I have not made afinal decision, and if it was an option right now, I may actually choose door #3, the GTR. I hope pricing is more then just rumor by this fall so I can see if it is within reach by the time I save up over the winter, then I have to sae it may (if the price is right) beat out both the 335 and G37 if I can save a little longer and afford to buy up to that monster!

Then again, if I wait out the GTR...... there will always be a new car out there, so maybe I should just NIKE it.

Old 06-25-2007, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by G-WannaBe
Hey PPants - you sure you dont want to change your sig to "moved, but rethinking???" LOL - JK
Hell no... I still think the g37 looks horrid, weighs even more, and gets barf gas mileage. I Really like my new ride and there's no doubt i made the right choice (for me).

^ lol hope i dont get flamed

ppp

Old 06-25-2007, 04:49 PM
RPL
Originally Posted by Yimbie
Geez.... exactly HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE PLANNING TO TAKE THE G37 TO THE TRACK IN COMPARISON WITH PEOPLE WHO WILL JUST BE USING THE G37 FOR EVERYDAY DRIVING? Did Infiniti create this car just for it to be driven on the track? If that was their aim... dont you guys think that they wouldn't have added 200lbs to the car?
I'm using the stats to illustrate the performance. I'm not trying to create a track car out of the G37.

Old 06-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by Potty_Pants
Hell no... I still think the g37 looks horrid, weighs even more, and gets barf gas mileage. I Really like my new ride and there's no doubt i made the right choice (for me).

^ lol hope i dont get flamed

ppp

Not by me, A man's ride is his castle, since we pay for the house but they keep giving us orders!

Before I get flamed, my lady does more then her share of the bills, so I was really only kidding...

But back on topic, it is not an easy choice so I could not fault you if I wanted, but I can't stop thinking about the GTR. If you like your choice, thats all that really matters.

Old 06-25-2007, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by G-WannaBe

But back on topic, it is not an easy choice so I could not fault you if I wanted, but I can't stop thinking about the GTR. If you like your choice, thats all that really matters.
Man that GTR is gonna cost a fortune the first year or two... or three (NSX history comes to mind)

I truely believe (hope) that infiniti does something down the road to respond to 335i. Turbo'd 3.7 V8 something to make bmw scramble like last time.

remember the arguments some of had about why Infiniti didnt put a v8 in the coupe... bla bla bla weight, and front to rear weight ratio... i believe it was all bs now its 3700lbs but my god can you image if they tossed a v8 in there.. the car would weigh 3850 - 4000. I stil say direct injection is the answer ... better performance like the 4.9 sec car some are asking for and possibly better 1/4 mile then 335i and better gas mileage. everything will be going directport so its just a matter of time.

ppp

Old 06-25-2007, 05:44 PM
According to what I've heard recently and at Stillen when looking at the G37 in person, direct injection is on its way soon. Nissan even stated in a press release it's next in the pipeline.

Old 06-25-2007, 05:46 PM
it's 3770 lb's man! to be precise haha

maybe a rev-up engine that DOES NOT EAT UP OIL would be a good option.
but have you noticed that every time we talk about the g37 we either complain about performance, or looks or something?
i dont think it has the impact that g35 had. g35 had us love it from first sight and didnt have all the issues we're having now.
i say we drop g37 and we go corolla TT?

Old 06-25-2007, 05:51 PM
Yin-Yang and Life
Originally Posted by mantisG35
it's 3770 lb's man! to be precise haha

maybe a rev-up engine that DOES NOT EAT UP OIL would be a good option.
but have you noticed that every time we talk about the g37 we either complain about performance, or looks or something?
i dont think it has the impact that g35 had. g35 had us love it from first sight and didnt have all the issues we're having now.
i say we drop g37 and we go corolla TT?
Were you planning on getting the G37?

Old 06-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by Yimbie
Were you planning on getting the G37?
my G35 lease ends in november. my choices mainly were G again or bmw altho i might consider other options because i am not 100% satisfied with either cars. maybe a slow gay convertible might give me enough satisfaction or maybe a subaru STi might. im not sure.
when i went to bed last night i said if the G does anything under 5 seconds, or if it does 1/4 mile in 13.5 seconds i'll get it. next day i wake up to know that it's as slow as my car

Old 06-25-2007, 06:01 PM
Yin-Yang and Life
my G35 lease ends in november. my choices mainly were G again or bmw altho i might consider other options because i am not 100% satisfied with either cars. maybe a slow gay convertible might give me enough satisfaction or maybe a subaru STi might. im not sure.
when i went to bed last night i said if the G does anything under 5 seconds, or if it does 1/4 mile in 13.5 seconds i'll get it. next day i wake up to know that it's as slow as my car
How disappointing... well now I guess you just have to look for another car then. What're you considering? The 335i is always nice. There's the Lexus IS350 which performs well with the new VSC off switch (I hope I got that right). There are many options other than the G37.

Old 06-25-2007, 06:01 PM
sorry man, just marginal improvements

there's always the new evoX

im just *sigh* alittle to old to do the EVO / WRX thing.

ppp

Old 06-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by Potty_Pants
sorry man, just marginal improvements

there's always the new evoX

im just *sigh* alittle to old to do the EVO / WRX thing.

ppp
i'd love an Evo... i've been hearing 0-60 with 3.5 seconds??!!! (which i dont really believe) i'll stick to a more realistic estimate of 1/4 mile in 12.5 seconds and 0-60 in 4.5.
i know i would love to have one, but im sure my family and gf will kick my *** for getting it

Old 06-25-2007, 06:57 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by muscarel
Picus,

I apologize if I misunderstood you. My original email was not directed toward you. I was mocking the same question that got you to respond to my post. Basically, someone asked why would someone buy a G37 over a 335. Just like you, I thought that was silly, so I was trying to point out reasons why "someone would buy a G37 over a 335". It was done tongue in cheek.

I agree with your points about the cars being different - which i think is obvious as ALL cars are different. Perhaps there are intangibles there that cannot be defined but that might draw people from one brand to another. I didn't bring that up because I thought that it was understood.
No problem, I apologize too. I think we both misunderstood some. I was just trying to bring a little perspective back to this post, I think it was getting a tad... well...something.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G37 review in Car and Driver Aug Issue