G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

Exclusive dealer-only G37 goodies...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 01:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Exclusive dealer-only G37 goodies...

Exclusive G37 Dealer-Only Documentation

Enjoy!

Old 07-19-2007, 03:53 AM
nice find but i was hoping prices =(

Old 07-19-2007, 07:18 AM
notice the larger black-g37 image in one of those pdfs.. we've only see the stamp sized version so far.

Attached Thumbnails Exclusive dealer-only G37 goodies...-black_g37.jpg  
Old 07-19-2007, 09:37 AM
Good find, lots of good information. Are the illuminated kickplates a dealer installed option, because I did not specify them when I placed my order with my dealer.

Old 07-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Yeah, the black one looks really, really good.

InfinitiFreak, I believe you MAY find that the illuminated kickplates are on your car when you get it. Please don't quote me on that, but....

Old 07-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Great find thanks a bunch. Boy this tells me a lot, as in how many talks with dealers I have had in the last 3 months who knew none of this.

They either did not read, or did not get this passed to the sales staff, but in this early commnication was more info then I have herd from multiple visits and phone calls. I dont understand that, I am in sales, and if you don't know your product, how can you sell???

Old 07-19-2007, 12:12 PM
silver graphite on the QX looks darker than the G's platinum graphite...y couldn't the G have a darker gray like that

Old 07-19-2007, 11:47 PM
I know this might be a dumb question to ask, but is there a way to use this information to our advantage when buying one of these? So we dont get rapped on markup charges from the dealer?

Old 07-20-2007, 12:41 AM
Originally Posted by G-WannaBe
Great find thanks a bunch. Boy this tells me a lot, as in how many talks with dealers I have had in the last 3 months who knew none of this.
Glad to help sir!

Old 07-20-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by ABQG35c
I know this might be a dumb question to ask, but is there a way to use this information to our advantage when buying one of these? So we dont get rapped on markup charges from the dealer?
Anyone?

Old 07-20-2007, 03:36 PM
There won't be any price breaks on the G37's when they hit the dealerships as everyone will scramble to buy one but in a year or 2 with end of lease options and better availalbity, maybe you can get a used one for 5k less. I'd rather wait a few more years to get something radically improved. that new G isn't worth trading my '03 for - with all due respect.

Old 07-20-2007, 03:50 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by stefanzo911
There won't be any price breaks on the G37's when they hit the dealerships as everyone will scramble to buy one
I disagree, I think you will be able to negotiate discounts off of MSRP..........BUT it will probably depend on where you are located.

When the 07 Sedan hit the showrooms in late October of last year, we also heard that no discounts will be offered for a number of months. That wasn't the case at all. There were members here from the tri-state area (where competition is quite stiff) that were able to negotiate some fabulous discounts from day 1. Heck, I was able to negotiate $1200 off of MSRP and my dealer is the only one around for hundreds of miles.

I just think dealers that are saying there is no room to move off of MSRP are just playing the game.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:44 PM
Whatever the market will bear...

Old 07-20-2007, 07:39 PM
That's why it's so important NOT to put a deposit down on a G37 (or any new car, for that fact). That gives the dealership all the control. They know you are drooling for one (as are many others) but you willingly giving your money towards something you never drove or even seen is strong indication ... they have a free pass to rip you off!

It's just like a kid at Christmas ... marketers smell blood (ie money) and lure you in with a product ... parents go out of their way to get the "in" toy. Same with cars, but the purchasers want to buy for themselves (usually not for their kids). Having money to burn is a dangerous thing! (Not having the means to such a car is a more dangerous thing ...)

I guess it can go both ways with dealerships ... they can let the first few go for a 'decent' sized profit (maybe even less than MSRP) ... just to get those cars on the road. When more people see the product, it'll get more customers in. You have to give some to the 'tuners since the modded ones are the eye-catchers. I've brought Acura a few customers with my car ... LOL.

OR ... they can mark things up like mad. I remember when the Evo IX came to America and there was at least one tri-state Mitsu dealership who jacked the car up by $10k. Don't know if it sold for that much ... but as someone else said ... whatever the market will bear.

Last edited by jdm_inspire; 07-20-2007 at 07:43 PM.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:38 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by jdm_inspire
That's why it's so important NOT to put a deposit down on a G37 (or any new car, for that fact). That gives the dealership all the control. They know you are drooling for one (as are many others) but you willingly giving your money towards something you never drove or even seen is strong indication ... they have a free pass to rip you off!
I put a deposit down on my 07 G Sedan 6 months before I took delivery, but it was refundable (as are most deposits to my knowledge). So I knew that if the deal fell through for whatever reason, I could walk away without losing a cent. But I definitely hear what you are saying though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exclusive dealer-only G37 goodies...