Official 2008 G37 Pricing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Yin-Yang and Life
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by paranormal
hello someone answer me please..

does the 6mt include all sport options? like before on the g35!
Oh sorry I guess I just missed your post. Yes 6MT does include all sport options (aka sport package).

Old 08-01-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by Goodstuff
Wait, so my 07 G35S maxed out was 40k on the dot. Its faster than the coupe, lighter than, bigger than the coupe, and has everything the coupe has... Why oh why would anyone want the coupe, hell by all accounts the sedan pulls off the new Infiniti theme better than the coupe too! Gotta say, they priced it a little to high, offered a little too less, and added way too much weight.
Originally Posted by Yimbie
Where in the world did you come from? lol You don't seem biased at all. Geez talk about such a hateful post. It's not like I go to the 2007 G35 sedan forum and compare it with the G37 coupe...

I think some people are just so jealous that they make posts like these... just my .02
Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN G37
Please go back to the other side of the river.... Thanks!!
Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
why o why would......

i'm not looking for a family four door truckster.. loose two of your doors then we'll talk. in the meantime.. the g35 sedan forum is just a few clicks away. At least you have a nice.. safe.. practical car. enjoy!
I have an '04 coupe 6MT and I have been following the G37 ever since we knew a new coupe was in the works because I am interested in getting one. In general, I have been looking at all sorts of cars (performance coupes and performance sedans), but I have decided to stay with Infiniti.

I feel that there is a difficult choice to make between the coupe and the sedan for some of the reaons Goodstuff stated (i.e., the sedan is lighter, the sedan is bigger, the sedan is essentially identical on the interior, and we now know it is less expensive). That being said, the G37 has the new, bigger engine, has coupe styling, and will likely handle better...can't really say unless you've driven both. Not that it is in any way definitive, but the magazines' performance numbers for the sedan (i.e., Car and Driver had the sedan running 0-60 in 5.2) have come out better than or as good as the G37's numbers. So, it seems, just like all the people who are opting for G37's as opposed to 335i's due to similar performance and less price should understand Goodstuff's points about the sedan based on the same logic. In the end, all these cars are phenomenal vehicles, and personal preferences determine who likes, wants, and gets one of them over the other.

So, I think Goodstuff made fair and objective points, and some of the people who have relentlessly gotten upset about not-100%-pro G37 comments on this forum and who have occassionally responded back with overreactive, immature comments, like the above quotes, should realize that noone here is hating on the G37 and they only add to the useless chain of comments (such as mine now!) that distract from the real conversations in the forum.

I hope everyone loves the car they have or get, and I hope I can figure out what I want to do because all these Infiniti's (and BMW's for that matter) are sick!

Old 08-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by da mayor
Again, since the G37 cannot be compared w/ the pricing of the G35 sedan -- it is a little less due to the volume that is built in the sedan over the coupes. The pricing is all from Infiniti direct down to the wire.
Except, the first generation established a rough coupe-sedan price differential. And, Infiniti has not deviated too much from that differential. It is now a little greater than before, but then the coupe now uses a different engine than the sedan.

As I have said before, the big price increase, and unexpected price increase, comes from bumping the Premium Package, of which Infiniti expects over 90% of the coupes to have, $850 with iPod integration and the two audio soundstages being the only additions to the package.

Is Infiniti playing the low base model pricing game that BMW has become famous for?

Or, is Infiniti now favoring the Canadians because their equipped price is less than last year's?

Old 08-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks...

Old 08-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Yin-Yang and Life
Have the prices for the upcoming 08 G35 sedan been released yet? I believe they include iPod and driver's audio soundstages. If they get bumped up also (which they should) then there would be more no arguments concerning the premium package.

Old 08-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
the '08 G35 sedan will not have pricing until September

Old 08-01-2007, 04:29 PM
nsv
In my opinion, I think the G37 hype is dead. I had a Blue Slate w/ all options on reserve at Miller Infiniti. Now that the official price is released, I might change my mind. It's only 4k more for a BMW 335i fully loaded compared to a fully loaded G37 at 44k. This is a bad move for Infiniti, no wonder the volume of coupes being shipped from Japan has decreased. They were probably hoping to sell the G37 like hot cakes, as did the 335i. But people forget, BMW name is known all over the world, you go to any country worldwide and people know. On the other hand, how many people know about Infiniti? Even though I love the cars as I have bought two in the past, it might be time to change my options.

I am not that surprised that the price difference between the coupe and sedan has increased. I just figured another $1,500 or so in for the new engine when I was estimated what the G37 I ordered would cost me.

Yin-Yang and Life
Originally Posted by crazycarl16
So, I think Goodstuff made fair and objective points, and some of the people who have relentlessly gotten upset about not-100%-pro G37 comments on this forum and who have occassionally responded back with overreactive, immature comments, like the above quotes, should realize that noone here is hating on the G37 and they only add to the useless chain of comments (such as mine now!) that distract from the real conversations in the forum.
I responded that way because of how I interpreted his post. His post was immature and out of line... especially when he targetted the PEOPLE getting the G37.

Old 08-01-2007, 04:38 PM
Yin-Yang and Life
Originally Posted by nsv
In my opinion, I think the G37 hype is dead. I had a Blue Slate w/ all options on reserve at Miller Infiniti. Now that the official price is released, I might change my mind. It's only 4k more for a BMW 335i fully loaded compared to a fully loaded G37 at 44k. This is a bad move for Infiniti, no wonder the volume of coupes being shipped from Japan has decreased. They were probably hoping to sell the G37 like hot cakes, as did the 335i. But people forget, BMW name is known all over the world, you go to any country worldwide and people know. On the other hand, how many people know about Infiniti? Even though I love the cars as I have bought two in the past, it might be time to change my options.
Ummm.... a similarly built 335i is $54,970 (to my car).... I'm not sure where you're getting just "4k more".

335i base price: $40,800
monaco blue metallic exterior paint: $475 (comparing with blue slate)
premium package: $2,550
sport package: $1,100
steptronic auto trans w/ paddle shifters: $1,275 + $100
active steering: $1,400
comfort access: $500
active cruise control: $2,400
bmw nav: $2,100
heated front seats: $500
satellite radio: $595
iPod/USB adapter: $400

= $54,195 (excludes destination charge of $775)

I'd have to say that a fully loaded auto G37 + $10,000 = fully loaded auto 335i

Old 08-01-2007, 04:38 PM
I responded that way because of how I interpreted his post. His post was immature and out of line... especially when he targetted the PEOPLE getting the G37.
That's fine. I didn't think his comment was as annoying as some of the other comments throughout this forum, particularly in regards to comparing the G37 to the 335i, or intended to target anyone. I think, if anything, the comparison to the sedan actually highlights why many people have been somewhat disappointed by the published performance results of the G37 to date because it has not so clearly outdone it's predecessor coupe or its sedan stable mate.

But for me, as I said before, they're all sweet rides, and to be able to have or be getting any of them is great! I think I'm leaning towards staying with the coupe and getting the G37, but I don't know if I'm patient enough to wait till one will be available for me or till there is some room to negotiate.

Old 08-01-2007, 04:39 PM
I hope people actually realize that the G37 is very well priced as compared to its competitors... especially with a comparably loaded 335i and stop comparing it to the G35 sedan.
The point is that these prices, primarily the big jump in the price of the Premium Package, is not what people expected. This increase was apparently not intimated to the magazines. The reviews pretty much all focus on how much car the G37 is for the price. Only now, the price is a little higher. And, not necessarily the base price, but the options, and most especially the Premium Package. So, the observers have all been a little blindsided by Infiniti on this.

Please do not take this the wrong way, and I mean no disrespect to you, but, in your case, you will not be the person paying for your car, so the increased price should not affect you at all.

And, the reason everyone is comparing the price to the sedan price is because there has been a historical pricing balance between the coupe and sedan. No one is comparing the two cars, but people are looking at this historical pricing balance (which is now greater than ever before).

Old 08-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Yin-Yang and Life
Originally Posted by dmkozak
The point is that these prices, primarily the big jump in the price of the Premium Package, is not what people expected. This increase was apparently not intimated to the magazines. The reviews pretty much all focus on how much car the G37 is for the price. Only now, the price is a little higher. And, not necessarily the base price, but the options, and most especially the Premium Package. So, the observers have all been a little blindsided by Infiniti on this.

Please do not take this the wrong way, and I mean no disrespect to you, but, in your case, you will not be the person paying for your car, so the increased price should not affect you at all.

And, the reason everyone is comparing the price to the sedan price is because there has been a historical pricing balance between the coupe and sedan. No one is comparing the two cars, but people are looking at this historical pricing balance (which is now greater than ever before).
I think it would just be best to compare the 2008 G35 sedan and not the 2007 G35 sedan with the 2008 G37 coupe. I haven't thought of that until just now. I understand your point of view though.

Old 08-01-2007, 04:43 PM
It may not be the best idea to compare the sedan and coupe prices anymore, because the coupe has a different engine than the sedan, unlike the past. So the only way to truly know the price difference would be if the sedan also had the same engine, which it does not. So you can't really get a fair comparison.

Old 08-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Ummm.... a similarly built 335i is $54,970 (to my car).... I'm not sure where you're getting just "4k more".

I'd have to say that a fully loaded auto G37 + $10,000 = fully loaded auto 335i
That's for you. For me, 6MT w/premium and spoiler vs. 335i with premium, sport, satellite and iPod comes up to less than $6,500 difference. And the actual purchase price difference would only be $2,500 to $4,000. I think that's what the original poster was talking about. The "real" price difference between the two has now shrunk, making the 335i much more attractive to many potential G37 buyers.

Personally, I have been thinking about an 08 Corvette. Paying sticker for a G37 versus getting a Corvette at a deep discount, means the Corvette is now looking a lot better to me than it did yesterday.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Official 2008 G37 Pricing