G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

Official 2008 G37 Pricing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 04:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^why is the Corvette deeply discounted?

Old 08-01-2007, 04:58 PM
nsv
Yimbie, BMW dealerships work very different. They post a high markup to allow the salesperson to negotiate, other companies like Lexus do it. A fully loaded 335i "out of the door" would be around 50k at max. I have seen people down at bimmerforums.com get it for less. People on this forum are correct, you can't compare 335i with a G37 because Infiniti doesn't even offer twin turbo.

P.S. Lexus will sell you a car WELL below the listed MSRP.

Last edited by nsv; 08-01-2007 at 05:08 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:04 PM
^^^So rather than actually getting a deal, they make you FEEL like you got a deal. I get it. That's kinda like overpricing and then deeply discounting. No thanks, I'd rather pay a reasonable price. Negotiating just wears me out.

Old 08-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by Yimbie
$44,000 for a fully loaded G37 isn't really shocking... comparing it to Lexus's IS350 fully loaded it's about $1,000 cheaper and comparing it to BMW's 335i it's $10,700 cheaper. I would have to say that it's a great price for a car in this kind of market. Mercedes is way up there in price so I wont even bother and Audi's A5 is still months and months away so I wont bother with that either but it's speculated that it's going to be around $40,000 base price.

I hope people actually realize that the G37 is very well priced as compared to its competitors... especially with a comparably loaded 335i and stop comparing it to the G35 sedan. lol
Where did you get the $10.700 difference?

You have to compare using simiar packages, not by adding all the packages!

For example:

G37 + Sport Package + Navigation + Premium = MSRP + 7250 = 42250

BMW 335 + Sport Package + Navigation Package + Premium + Cold Package = MSRP + 7750 = 48550

Difference is $6300.

Again, considering that the 335 is a little faster, it mods easier, you get better gas mileage and your maintenance is free for 4 years, that canges this a bit and I don't see the difference that was in the past price-wise.

I sounds like you need to keep reassuring yourself and everyone else that you made the right choice for youself and defend your G37 like there is no tomorrow. The G37 is a good value, nobody denies that.

Last edited by Titanium; 08-01-2007 at 05:14 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:13 PM
nsv
Titanium, very well said.

Old 08-01-2007, 05:14 PM
Yin-Yang and Life
Originally Posted by nsv
Yimbie, BMW dealerships work very different. They post a high markup to allow the salesperson to negotiate, other companies like Lexus do it. A fully loaded 335i "out of the door" would be around 50k at max. I have seen people down at bimmerforums.com get it for less. People on this forum are correct, you can't compare 335i with a G37 because Infiniti doesn't even offer twin turbo. Lexus will sell you a car WELL below the listed MSRP.
50k at max? lol... I wonder why my brother was denied by 2 BMW dealerships by trying to get 1k-1.5k under MSRP where I live (SoCal). BMW dealerships with the 335i know that they can sell the car at MSRP. That's why there are waiting lists to get the 335i and not a plentiful amount of them at dealerships, because the demand is so high. If you wont buy it at MSRP, then someone else will quickly. Of course there are some nice people who do allow to bargain a tad lower than MSRP but almost $5k below MSRP? Either those people who get $50k max have some extremely powerful mind controlling skills or that's bogus. A fully loaded BMW 335i comes out to be about $55,000...

The best deal I got for the IS350 is $3,500 below MSRP and it's not really fair to compare the Lexus IS350 purchase price with the Infiniti G37's considering that the IS has been around since 2006 model year.

Old 08-01-2007, 05:19 PM
Yin-Yang and Life
Originally Posted by Titanium
Where did you get the $10.700 difference?

You have to compare using simiar packages, not by adding all the packages!

For example:

G37 + Sport Package + Navigation + Premium = MSRP + 7250 = 42250

BMW 335 + Sport Package + Navigation Package + Premium + Cold Package = MSRP + 7750 = 48550

Difference is $6300.

Again, considering that the 335 is a little faster, it mods easier, you get better gas mileage and your maintenance is free for 4 years, that canges this a bit and I don't see the difference that was in the past price-wise.

I sounds like you need to keep reassuring yourself and everyone else that you made the right choice for youself and defend your G37 like there is no tomorrow. The G37 is a good value, nobody denies that.
*sighs* I made a comparable BMW with what my car has specifically...

monaco blue metallic paint = blue slate
premium package = premium package
sports package = sports package
autotrans = autotrans
active steering (oops I forgot my car doesn't have 4WAS so that's -$1,400)
active cruise control = intelligent cruise control
comfort access = intelligent key
heated front seats = heated front seats
nav package = nav package
sirius sat radio = xm sat radio
ipod = ipod

I've corrected the price to be approx $8,700 (without destination charges). My mistake!

Last edited by Yimbie; 08-01-2007 at 05:21 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:21 PM
nsv
50k at max? lol... I wonder why my brother was denied by 2 BMW dealerships by trying to get 1k-1.5k under MSRP where I live (SoCal). BMW dealerships with the 335i know that they can sell the car at MSRP. That's why there are waiting lists to get the 335i and not a plentiful amount of them at dealerships, because the demand is so high. If you wont buy it at MSRP, then someone else will quickly. Of course there are some nice people who do allow to bargain a tad lower than MSRP but almost $5k below MSRP? Either those people who get $50k max have some extremely powerful mind controlling skills or that's bogus. A fully loaded BMW 335i comes out to be about $55,000...

The best deal I got for the IS350 is $3,500 below MSRP and it's not really fair to compare the Lexus IS350 purchase price with the Infiniti G37's considering that the IS has been around since 2006 model year.
If you live in Apple Valley, meet me down at Rusnak and I'll show you how to negotiate. I had no trouble finding the options I wanted at several dealerships. That's not the point, you can't compare a fully loaded BMW with an Infiniti, as they have different options.

Old 08-01-2007, 05:22 PM
Yin-Yang and Life
Originally Posted by nsv
If you live in Apple Valley, meet me down at Rusnak and I'll show you how to negotiate. I had no trouble finding the options I wanted at several dealerships. That's not the point, you can't compare a fully loaded BMW with an Infiniti, as they have different options.
Read my post above. BTW... I called Rusnak and ummm I don't think you can show me how to negotiate on a 335i considering that two salesmen told me it's a 4 month wait to even get one... exactly where are you finding all these 335is on dealer lots because if you can find some... please tell me so I can tell my brother (he's interested in 335i). I also asked one of them if there has been anything about getting a 335i 5k below MSRP and he told me to go to another dealer.

Last edited by Yimbie; 08-01-2007 at 05:32 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:31 PM
*sighs* I made a comparable BMW with what my car has specifically...

monaco blue metallic paint = blue slate
premium package = premium package
sports package = sports package
autotrans = autotrans
active steering (oops I forgot my car doesn't have 4WAS so that's -$1,400)
active cruise control = intelligent cruise control
comfort access = intelligent key
heated front seats = heated front seats
nav package = nav package
sirius sat radio = xm sat radio
ipod = ipod

I've corrected the price to be approx $8,700 (without destination charges). My mistake!

Japanese cars will always be cheaper, more or less, than german cars. That is a fact. But there are differences that are not visible, if you just go and price the car.

Also, the coupes are harder to get, due to the high demand, but the sedan is highly available.

Last edited by Titanium; 08-01-2007 at 05:33 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:33 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
an $8700 difference means the BMW is about 20% more. I'd say thats a pretty good savings.

Old 08-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Goodstuff
Wait, so my 07 G35S maxed out was 40k on the dot. Its faster than the coupe, lighter than, bigger than the coupe, and has everything the coupe has... Why oh why would anyone want the coupe, hell by all accounts the sedan pulls off the new Infiniti theme better than the coupe too! Gotta say, they priced it a little to high, offered a little too less, and added way too much weight.
That strikes me as funny. To answer your question, it's pretty basic...lots of people don't want a four door car or agree with some of the things you post.

Last edited by RBull; 08-01-2007 at 06:04 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:42 PM
eh price of at least 5k difference is still good for me... 5k = new bigass TV in my room thanks! unless you all already have one of those then im sorry maybe its just for me. but 5k-10k can get you a lot of toys.

Old 08-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Yin-Yang and Life
Originally Posted by kxnkxnkxn
eh price of at least 5k difference is still good for me... 5k = new bigass TV in my room thanks! unless you all already have one of those then im sorry maybe its just for me. but 5k-10k can get you a lot of toys.
My parents will use the $8,700 savings for the insurance. For me, it's like having free insurance for almost 1 1/2 years.

Old 08-01-2007, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN G37
^^^why is the Corvette deeply discounted?
My background is with a few manufacturers. As people move around, I end up with business friends at a number of different manufacturers and distributors. Through them I meet dealers, etc. It seems the only car I don't know anyone to order through is Infiniti (or Nissan). But, with pretty much every other car I might want, I can order at dealer cost or from the distributor or manufacturer. That's how I can buy a 335i at a really good price or a Corvette at a really great price. Problem is I like the Infiniti better, and I was willing to pay what I thought it might cost me. Now that it will cost me more to buy, I wonder if I should buy something else.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Official 2008 G37 Pricing