G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

For Those That Have Driven The G37

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 08:17 PM
Yin-Yang and Life
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Just to let you know, 0-60's isn't a great indication of a vehicle's overall acceleration. Too many variables to include.

Oh skaterbasist, I know. lol I'm just using that as a reference! No need to get into all of that stuff. You'd eat people up!

Old 08-20-2007, 11:40 PM
finally drove a black g37

i drove a black on black fully loaded automatic g37. really nice car.. very well built. not much road noise and its much more refined inside than my coupe. i loved the navi, loved the seats, loved the interior period. the car was getting sooo many looks as i drove around.. i especially loved the exhaust tone on the g37.. it was similar to the older generation but sounded.. ehh i dont want to say deeper.. but different... a very good different. performance wise, it didnt really impress me.. the car didnt handle as well as i expected but seemed no worse than a 335 at being stable at high speed curves.. im not saying it handled bad, it actually did well, but i guess i just had really high expectations in that area. straightline acceleration wasnt anything to go home and tell you friends about. it did not feel quicker than my current G, and i felt like the newest g35 sedan was a tad faster than the g37

enjoy the big run-on sentence.. i gotta study for a practical so im over proof reading that ish

Old 08-20-2007, 11:43 PM
Elk Grove, CA test drive

Infiniti of Elk Grove had their preview last Thursday, 16 Aug. The event was pretty good although I noticed some issues with the "sales" personnel. One individual was telling someone that the “lane guidance” feature of the NAV system was a lane deviation warning system. Is this something I hadn’t heard of or just the usual issue of the sales people not really knowing the cars they sell? Anyway - I finally got to test drive their sample (Liquid Platinum, Sport, Premium, NAV, Tech, 5AT) on Saturday and I was disappointed - not in the car - but in the miserably short test drive I was allowed! I think 1-2 miles down the service road and back!! AND I ordered one from this dealership and still wasn’t allowed anything more!! I ordered a 6MT LP, NAV, PREM - decided to skip the 4WAS and the TECH package. Deliver was said to be mid-September - finally getting rid of my 06 DG 5AT and going back to the 6MT. MY Infiniti experience started with a fully loaded 6MT CB and still regret getting rid of that car!!

Old 08-21-2007, 04:58 AM
oh ya just remembered something from my test drive.. the brakes were not as sensitive as all the other g35s, brembos and sedans included. braking kinda felt similar to my 2 year old worn pads but they were nice nonethelesss

Old 08-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jittus
Infiniti of Elk Grove had their preview last Thursday, 16 Aug. The event was pretty good although I noticed some issues with the "sales" personnel. One individual was telling someone that the “lane guidance” feature of the NAV system was a lane deviation warning system. Is this something I hadn’t heard of or just the usual issue of the sales people not really knowing the cars they sell? Anyway - I finally got to test drive their sample (Liquid Platinum, Sport, Premium, NAV, Tech, 5AT) on Saturday and I was disappointed - not in the car - but in the miserably short test drive I was allowed! I think 1-2 miles down the service road and back!! AND I ordered one from this dealership and still wasn’t allowed anything more!! I ordered a 6MT LP, NAV, PREM - decided to skip the 4WAS and the TECH package. Deliver was said to be mid-September - finally getting rid of my 06 DG 5AT and going back to the 6MT. MY Infiniti experience started with a fully loaded 6MT CB and still regret getting rid of that car!!
hey, i probably saw you there! i was told test drives wouldn't be allowed until this week, so count yourself lucky that you actually were able to.

i didn't hear anything about a lane departure system, but there isn't such a thing on this car.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by peterbanks
dopey, I was thinking the same thing until I noticed you could turn the dial to scroll.
uhh.. the dial turns?
I gotta check if it does that in my '07. Cuz that's something I never even thought of trying.

Old 08-21-2007, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by dopey
uhh.. the dial turns?
I gotta check if it does that in my '07. Cuz that's something I never even thought of trying.
HA! thats funny.. but dont feel bad as there are so many dials, buttons, ***** and gizmos that unless you read the manual you'll prob miss something. The good news is that there are many ways to perform the same action.. and the bad news is that there are many ways to perform the same action!

Old 08-21-2007, 01:58 PM
^^That's what my wife said

Old 08-21-2007, 03:38 PM
I drove an IP G37, auto with all the bells and whistles yesterday. As many have stated, it does look much better in person than it does in the pics. Now as far as do I like it more than my 05' G35c, eh, i dunno, it might grow on me more over time. Granted my car is lowered and has Volk SF-Challenges, and the eyebrows / eyelids, so it stanced more aggressively. I think the white and black are my two fav colors on the G37 though.

Anywho, onto the test drive. The car's exhaust is a little quieter than ours, which I tested both in park with the door open and while driving with the windows down. With the windows up you really have to strain to hear the exhaust note, whereas in the G35c its alot more audible. The car is definitely nicer inside than the previous generation, but I found the seats to be a little less comfortable, and i really couldn't find a comfortable position for my right leg. The sound system is an upgrade, but still, its a Bose and well, just don't expect it to knock your socks off, and yes this car did have the 11-speaker "theater on wheels."

The ride is alot stiffer than my car, but at the same time, the car feels just alot more numb. The steering feedback is alot more insulated than on the G35c and at times made me feel a bit nervous as to what the car was going to do. Its a weird combination to have a much sportier ride, but less overall road feel. Granted the car did handle fairly well, but its almost like it would be harder to feel when you reach the limit of its abilities until it was already sliding. I dunno its hard to explain lol. Like I told the salesman, to me it felt like driving 2 entirely different cars. Granted I have the Stillen Sways and Tein S-Techs, which might attribute to the different feel. My car just feels a little more comfortable and sure-footed to me, and a little edgier, not as disconnected. The way I can only think to describe it is like driving a Lexus, but with a really stiff suspension. Which doesn't really sound bad I don't guess, but like I stated before, its weird to have the really stiff ride but less feel of what the car is doing.

As for the acceleration, to me, it felt like riding in a stock 350z. It felt quicker than my car, but not like OMG quicker. It didn't really feel like the 50 more hp it had over my car, which I'm sure is offset by the extra 200 pounds the car is now carrying. I didn't really pay as much attention to the speedometer, so like someone said in an earlier post, it might be quicker than it feels.

All in all, I'd say the car fits more into the Grand Touring class. Its defnitely way more geared towards luxury now, with a little of its sportiness left. As things stand now, I would say my G35c is alot more fun to drive than the G37, but I would be interested to ride or drive one with some aftermarket parts to see how the car changes. My lease isn't up until April '08 so I have a while to see how the car does over a few months before making up my mind. Sorry if the review was confusing or whatever, but I'm not a professional driver or article writer lol, so this is just going based off my feelings. I'll have to go back to get pics since I didn't have my camera with me at the time (I just happened to stop by on my way home), I only got a few on my camera on my phone.

-Stephen

Old 08-21-2007, 04:31 PM
^^ I think that is a great and concise review, Stephen. Another thing that struck me after my drive is the fact that I am usually alone in my car and I'll bet alot of people here are also. Everytime I pick up a passenger the performance of every car I have had changes quite a bit. I am anxious to drive the G without a passenger and somewhere where I don't freak out with traffic to see how she really feels. Nice review, again.

Old 08-21-2007, 05:16 PM
Ya, now that you mention it, I too am normally alone in my car, so had the salesguy not been in there, i might have gotten a better feel for the acceleration and whatnot. I've bought 3 cars from this guy so he normally lets me take cars out by myself, but I think since this was the sample car he had to go along. I'll definitely go back when they have some sitting on the lot for a test drive alone to see how or if that changes the car's dynamics any.

-Stephen

Old 06-13-2011, 01:01 AM
The G37 Coupe's enhanced platform and chassis also includes an available advanced 4-Wheel Active Steer system (4WAS), which helps improve vehicle handling performance by adjusting both the front steering gear ratios and the rear suspension geometry according to steering input and vehicle speed. Braking and handling is targeted to be among the best in the luxury sport coupe class.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:03 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
This thread is 3 years and 10 months old.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:00 PM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
not nemorez!!

Old 06-29-2011, 02:19 AM
The Eibach PRO-KIT is the perfect answer for most frequently-driven street cars. It's our legendary sport spring system that dramatically improves both a vehicle's performance and appearance.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: For Those That Have Driven The G37