G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

New Pics of G37 in Black

Old 08-13-2007, 07:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sweeet P
Here's the color palette...tell me that ain't Amethyst Graphite.
Thanks for posting that Sweeet P, that really illustrates that the color is Blue Slate. In the color palette pictures of Amethyst you can definitely see the silver/grey mixed with a slight purple hue. In the pictures posted above the car definitely has a solid blue base with no silver or grey to be found.

Old 08-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Orbie
Thanks for posting that Sweeet P, that really illustrates that the color is Blue Slate. In the color palette pictures of Amethyst you can definitely see the silver/grey mixed with a slight purple hue. In the pictures posted above the car definitely has a solid blue base with no silver or grey to be found.
You gotta be kidding me...you're telling me that Blue SLate, the second darkest color to Black Obsidian can get that light and purple. Look at the real Blue Slate pics below. No way it can get that light even if we lived on Mercury. If that's Blue Slate...then Kevin Garnett has the same skin tone as Jason Kidd!

Attached Thumbnails New Pics of G37 in Black-blueslatest8on.jpg   New Pics of G37 in Black-47b7d627b3127cce985488c08f5f00000027108aatgbhk1bt9.jpg   New Pics of G37 in Black-p8090690-1-.600x450.jpg  
Old 08-13-2007, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by Sweeet P
You gotta be kidding me...you're telling me that Blue SLate, the second darkest color to Black Obsidian can get that light and purple. Look at the real Blue Slate pics below. No way it can get that light even if we lived on Mercury. If that's Blue Slate...then Kevin Garnett has the same skin tone as Jason Kidd!
It definitely can, that was a big decision for me when I was picking my color for the G37, looking at the G35 sedans with the Blue Onyx out in bright sunlight. The car had a huge purple tone. The blue slate pictures you've posted are all indoors or in overcast conditions. Go to the Infiniti Dealer on a bright sunny day and check out a Blue Onyx sedan, it can look like that. Another telling feature is if you look at the shaded parts on the car in the pictures GChick35 posted, that color matches up with the Blue Onyx in shade.

Check out the Blue Onyx pictures in this thread for the sedan, most are in the shade as well but you can get a glimpse of the car in some with sunlight. Even in the shade the car is slightly purple.

https://g35driver.com/forums/media-share-v36-sedan/145564-blue-slate-onyx-pics.html

On an Amethyst car in shade the car looks dark grey period, look at the pictures posted on this thread by autospies, especially Post #2:

https://g35driver.com/forums/g37-coupe-v36-2008/169249-amethyst-graphite.html

That post shows the car in a garage, under a bridge and under sun in a park, they are all the same car (license plate). The car is dark grey very similar to PG in almost every light, except for open sunlight, in which case it still carries the silver/grey with the purple. Unlike the car in GChick35's pictures, Amethyst is a light color in sunlight. The picture in the park also shows an Athens blue car next to it which is a bright blue and doesn't have any purple tones, which leaves only the Blue Slate as a possibility.

Last edited by Orbie; 08-13-2007 at 08:04 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:32 PM
Banned
The car was obviously blue. I'm thinking Athens Blue according to the color chart because Blue slate is way too dark. And who cars, the cares, the car is ugly no matter what color you get. The best pics i've seen so far is Black Obsedian. It hides the bubbly effect of the new G.

It definitely can, that was a big decision for me when I was picking my color for the G37, looking at the G35 sedans with the Blue Onyx out in bright sunlight. The car had a huge purple tone. The blue slate pictures you've posted are all indoors or in overcast conditions. Go to the Infiniti Dealer on a bright sunny day and check out a Blue Onyx sedan, it can look like that. Another telling feature is if you look at the shaded parts on the car in the pictures GChick35 posted, that color matches up with the Blue Onyx in shade.

Check out the Blue Onyx pictures in this thread for the sedan, most are in the shade as well but you can get a glimpse of the car in some with sunlight. Even in the shade the car is slightly purple.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145564

On an Amethyst car in shade the car looks dark grey period, look at the pictures posted on this thread by autospies, especially Post #2:

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169249

That post shows the car in a garage, under a bridge and under sun in a park, they are all the same car (license plate). The car is dark grey very similar to PG in almost every light, except for open sunlight, in which case it still carries the silver/grey with the purple. Unlike the car in GChick35's pictures, Amethyst is a light color in sunlight. The picture in the park also shows an Athens blue car next to it which is a bright blue and doesn't have any purple tones, which leaves only the Blue Slate as a possibility.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:45 PM
Yin-Yang and Life
Originally Posted by Gchick35
The car was obviously blue. I'm thinking Athens Blue according to the color chart because Blue slate is way too dark. And who cars, the cares, the car is ugly no matter what color you get. The best pics i've seen so far is Black Obsedian. It hides the bubbly effect of the new G.
Ooook...

Old 08-13-2007, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by TedRuxpin
How did you like the drive? I didn't like the new height of the front hood. It seems higher than the G35. As far as the suspension on the sport model, I found it to be quite firm, though not as firm as my aftermarket setup. I was equally disappointed to find out they still put the Bridgestone tires on there, but the rears are 9" wide instead of the 8.5" previous years. The rims are hideous in my opinion!
I really liked the ride. I've never driven a G35 coupe (only sedan), so I can't really compare it to that. I can really only compare it to my 350Z. It seems to sit a bit higher than the Z. I feel like I'm sitting in a hole in my Z sometimes. I didn't really get to do more than take the G37 around the block, but from the short ride I took the suspension felt pretty firm. The rims aren't my favorite either, but I like that they're 19's.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Yin-Yang and Life
Originally Posted by Gchick35

Wow the pictures really do justice to the car. I've seen blue slate up close on the 2007 G35 sedan and it looks different in person under direct sunlight.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:02 PM
I really think this is Athens blue. I just saw one and under direct sunlight it looked just like this. the Blue slate is a darker blue grey that goes from dark/midnight to grey/blue under light.

see this thread

sorry, don't know how to post pixs, but check out Da Mayor post (#16) to see blue slate in sunshine.

Last edited by GoofyG; 08-13-2007 at 09:04 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:14 PM
Here's a comparison of all three colors in question:

GChick35's pictures
New Pics of G37 in Black-e8232095.jpgNew Pics of G37 in Black-e82320aa.jpg

New Pics of G37 in Black-sideshotatpark.jpgNew Pics of G37 in Black-g37_coupe_seattle_24-07-20070715_11_24.jpgNew Pics of G37 in Black-100_1392small.jpg
Blue Slate/Onyx ------> Amethyst ------> Athens Blue

It's Blue Slate.

Last edited by Orbie; 08-13-2007 at 10:25 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:22 PM
i saw the g37 today at the dealership its ****ing NICE made me wish i had waited 2 months to get it...but im still ****ing happy with my 07 g35, my uncle is getting the m45 08 with the new body coming out in September and my cousin is getting the g37, trading in his BMW X5 04... cant wait to test drive it

Old 08-13-2007, 09:44 PM

GChick35's picture
Attachment 75137
Attachment 75138Attachment 75139Attachment 75140

It's Blue Slate.
It looks more like Amethyst Graphite to me. My sister has a Blue Slate G35S and it doesn't look like the top picture under direct sunlight...

Old 08-13-2007, 10:09 PM
I vote Amethyst Graphite.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:18 PM
kind of look like a civic Si from the first picutre.. the shape

Old 08-14-2007, 12:03 AM
Blue Slate all the way!! Those who thinks otherwise: have your eyes checked.

It's not red, black, white, silver or grey. For Sure!!
No car is offered in purple or violet blue.
Leaves Athens Blue or Blue slate.
Athens Blue much brighter and lighter blue.
Conclusion....

Old 08-14-2007, 11:30 AM

GChick35's pictures
Attachment 75137Attachment 75141

Attachment 75138Attachment 75139Attachment 75140

It's Blue Slate.

Ummm...from those 3 pics...so obvious. Middle pic is the clear match! Amethyst like I said. For those of you who said it was "blue slate"...you need to get your eyes checked bad. Or maybe you're right...and maybe black obsidian give off a light silver tone with a hint of "taupe" in direct sunlight! hehehe

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: New Pics of G37 in Black