G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

Extended Warranties

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extended Warranties

I'm still fairly new here, so have some patience.

Question - are thereany dealers that are a good source for an extended warranty? Do they offer them over the internet?

What's a good price for a five year, 100K extended factory warranty? Anybody buy them?

I ask because there is an Acura dealer that offers the best prices for factory extended warranties over the net.

I'm getting closer to making the move every day, and just want to have all the "facts" in front of me.

Thanks to all,

gurney

Old 08-14-2007, 05:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good question. i'd like to have information on this as well.

Old 08-14-2007, 05:26 PM
This guy is really knowledgeable about the whole car-buying process.

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/warranty.htm

Old 08-14-2007, 10:37 PM
Just get the Infiniti extended warranty if you want to buy one, they are the most cost effective and you dont have to deal with 3rd parties. Remember the negotiation doesnt end at the sale price. The finance guy quoted me 1800 bucks for my extended warranty, I looked him dead in the eye and said I know the "invoice" price on that plan is 850, Ill give you 1000, hows that? The look on his face was priceless, wish I had a camera. Long story short do your research, extended warranty invoice pricing sheet is floating around here somehwere.

Old 08-14-2007, 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by tomcatm
extended warranty invoice pricing sheet is floating around here somehwere.
If someone can find this please repost. Do any of the dealers that frequently post here offer a good deal on the extended warranty?

Old 08-15-2007, 07:29 AM
Originally Posted by jadams
If someone can find this please repost. Do any of the dealers that frequently post here offer a good deal on the extended warranty?
That's really my original question. Does anyone know of a dealer that offers the Infiniti extended warranty over the internet?

I know many people think that getting the warranty is foolish, but it depends on the situation.

I drive my car approximately 22K a year and plan to keep it at least 5 years. The one car in the past ten years I didn't purchase a warranty on - the wife's '01 Odyssey, ended up costing at $1,500 in repair fees after the warranty period (3 years/36,000 miles).

just a few examples:

Hatch struts
Hatch striker plate
door motor
fuel pump

And it was really a good car. I had a '95 Maxima SE that, at 96K miles, the second gear cog broke a tooth and took out the tranny. Luckily, I had an extended warranty.

I know it's really gambling, but I'm willing to pay. Both my '05 TL and '07 MDX carry 100K Acura warranties. It wasn't until after I purchased the MDX that I found out there was a dealer that offered them over the net at probably a 25% saving over what I paid. I will only purchase a manufacturer's extended warranty.

Thanks,

gurney

Old 08-15-2007, 09:49 PM
You can buy the extended warranty from ANY dealer, but you have to be within certain mileage/time frame. The longer you wait or more miles you have the more u are restricted in what you can buy. Of course you cant buy a warranty in Texas if ur in Cali cuz the dealer has to verify your mileage Unless its like the very next day. But I am not sure how all that works. Lets see if all the "helpful" salemen on the forums come through on this?

Last edited by tomcatm; 08-15-2007 at 09:56 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 08-16-2007, 08:43 AM
Originally Posted by tomcatm
You can buy the extended warranty from ANY dealer, but you have to be within certain mileage/time frame. The longer you wait or more miles you have the more u are restricted in what you can buy. Of course you cant buy a warranty in Texas if ur in Cali cuz the dealer has to verify your mileage Unless its like the very next day. But I am not sure how all that works. Lets see if all the "helpful" salemen on the forums come through on this?
This is what is available for Acuras:

http://www.hondacuraworld.com/Mercha...gory_Code=WARR

I'm surprised there is no Infiniti/Nissan dealer doing the same. These guys work off of volume. Everyone on the Acura forum who has dealt with these guys raves about them.

gurney

Old 08-16-2007, 09:49 AM
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
I should have purchased one for my Maxima. I kept it until it had 105k miles and required $1300 in repairs after the warranty was up. BUT, my father bought an extended waranty for their Maxima from someone outside of Nissan and the company went bankrupt= complete loss.
Any links to the Infiniti ones with coverage and prices?
Do you still have to take it to an Infiniti dealer?

Old 08-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I purchased extended warranty but does not cover everything the better the coverage the higher the price will be mine was $1800 i believe infiniti's warranty was a lot more and did not purchase it.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
This is what is available for Acuras:

http://www.hondacuraworld.com/Mercha...gory_Code=WARR

I'm surprised there is no Infiniti/Nissan dealer doing the same. These guys work off of volume. Everyone on the Acura forum who has dealt with these guys raves about them.

gurney
Did you notice that 0 deductible costs less than 100 deductible? Weird...