G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

modding

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 12:29 PM
Yin-Yang and Life
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Seriously, don't tint your freakin' windshield. You are a young kid with a 330hp car, why invite more trouble to your doorstep? Have you even considered how much harder it will be to see at night time? What if a person or a animal walks out in front of you at night? I'm not here to lecture, but you are getting a great car for your age, use some common sense and prove that you're mature to handle it.
look at his signature

Old 08-19-2007, 12:31 PM
Yin-Yang and Life
Originally Posted by Heat
I've never heard of tinting the windshield. Does it really keep the temp in the car lower than just tinting the other windows?
Well... it depends on how long you keep the car out. In like 30 minutes it will help but after like 2 hours, nope.

Old 08-19-2007, 12:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i was intent on getting a set of 20's until i saw the sport 19's in person. i absolutely love them! i like the concave setup, and how the spokes go all the way to the edge. it makes them look bigger than they are.

i'll assuredly start with tint. i'm thinking Lumar (practically the same as Huper... for way less) 20% all around except windshield.

as soon as springs are available, i'll get some for the front. the rear sets with the perfect gap, but the front gap is massive in comparison.

when body kits start to roll out, i'll entertain the idea.

Old 08-19-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by Yimbie
I wish I could do that. Unfortunately, it's illegal in California.

I am in SoCal and have tinted the front and rear side windows and rear window on my last several cars and never had a problem. I have always gone to an aftermarket shop that only does tinting (it is the same shop that most of the local dealers use) and the results have always been excellent. Of course I did not go with a super-dark tint but more like a dark grey. Also, the car I have been driving for the last 12 years does not have a front license--also technically illegal in California. The front license generally makes most cars pretty ugly.

My experience and impression is that the chances of getting cited for ONLY these types of infractions is pretty slim. But if you are pulled over for some other moving violation, that is probably when you may get cited for excessive tinting, no front plate, etc.

Old 08-19-2007, 02:22 PM
Generic question about performance mods

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but, in anticipation of probably going for the G37, do you G35 guys know of small performance mods that you have been happy with? For example, there were plenty of fairly inexpensive mods I was able to do with my 95 Vette to tweak out a bit more horsepower such as tuning the computer, performance mass airflow sensor, improved cold air intake with K&N filter, higher ratio roller rockers, etc. These types of mods were not exorbitantly expensive and were frequently do-it-yourself.

Are there similar mods with the Nissan/Infiniti cars or are these fairly maxed out already and, therefore, for any gains you have to go to more expensive/extreme measures like headers, aftermarket turbos, etc.

Thanks,

Doug

Old 08-19-2007, 06:07 PM
Seriously, don't tint your freakin' windshield. You are a young kid with a 330hp car, why invite more trouble to your doorstep? Have you even considered how much harder it will be to see at night time? What if a person or a animal walks out in front of you at night? I'm not here to lecture, but you are getting a great car for your age, use some common sense and prove that you're mature to handle it.
How does that prove maturity. I like the look didnt u notice when infiniti advertises they always have the tint on the windows as black as can be.. i just like the look.

Old 08-19-2007, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by SeismicGuy
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but, in anticipation of probably going for the G37, do you G35 guys know of small performance mods that you have been happy with? For example, there were plenty of fairly inexpensive mods I was able to do with my 95 Vette to tweak out a bit more horsepower such as tuning the computer, performance mass airflow sensor, improved cold air intake with K&N filter, higher ratio roller rockers, etc. These types of mods were not exorbitantly expensive and were frequently do-it-yourself.

Are there similar mods with the Nissan/Infiniti cars or are these fairly maxed out already and, therefore, for any gains you have to go to more expensive/extreme measures like headers, aftermarket turbos, etc.

Thanks,

Doug

Plenum spacer, sway bars, z tube, popcharger and theres a few more

Old 08-19-2007, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by Heat
I've never heard of tinting the windshield. Does it really keep the temp in the car lower than just tinting the other windows?
Not sure about heat, well it should it restricts the sun..

but the main thing about tinting the windshield is that i think it makes the look of the car look so much better, just IMO.. but i kno for a fact it keeps all the dust off your dashboards which i kno alot of people hate. =) well im going to give it a shot when i recieve my car, all my buddies have there tints done looks awesome some of them get fcuked over by the cops but the cops basically write them up for tint tickets when they get introuble doing something else, which i wouldent do.

Old 08-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by vinnys coupe
How does that prove maturity. I like the look didnt u notice when infiniti advertises they always have the tint on the windows as black as can be.. i just like the look.
I'll ask you one question.......is visibility driving at night important to you?

Old 08-19-2007, 06:20 PM
Yin-Yang and Life
Hmmm... well I'm assuming 20% on the windshield and limo on the sides and rear shouldn't be too bad at night. Remember Garnet Canuck... (I've heard this from my brother many times)... teenagers like to think they're invincible. Nothings goings to go wrong... if that driver is very experienced and already used to driving with such dark tints. I wonder how easy it's going to be changing lanes when you can't see out the window. lol (exaggerating it a bit but you get the point) Don't be driving near me!

Old 08-19-2007, 08:59 PM
My projected mod list (in no particular order):

- 50% tint sides & back (wife doesn't like it too dark, especially at night)
- sways
- rims (19" Volk Winning in MS if I can find them)
- JDM badging

No need for engine mods since I don't want to go through rear tires every year ... LOL.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:49 PM
Tints, JDM Badging, Hard Drive Hacks (if any). Mostly the soft-core stuff.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:18 PM
I'll ask you one question.......is visibility driving at night important to you?
Honestly im not going to lie, i live in ny so there lights everywhere therefore there is no problem with the seeing out your windows.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by Yimbie
Hmmm... well I'm assuming 20% on the windshield and limo on the sides and rear shouldn't be too bad at night. Remember Garnet Canuck... (I've heard this from my brother many times)... teenagers like to think they're invincible. Nothings goings to go wrong... if that driver is very experienced and already used to driving with such dark tints. I wonder how easy it's going to be changing lanes when you can't see out the window. lol (exaggerating it a bit but you get the point) Don't be driving near me!
yimbe arent you a teenager yourself? And tints have nothing to do with thinking im invincible.

Limo tint 20 on the windshield thats what i like thats what im going to get. IMO!!

Old 08-19-2007, 10:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i already have phase one modding planned out for the skyline coupe. this will prolly be all i do for '08. won't give details now. wouldn't want any of these ideas being ripped off like my last set.
all i'll say...
1)windows
2)rims
3)body
4)doors

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: modding