G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

New news about 07' Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 09:57 PM
Land Development Designer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New news about 07' Coupe

Hey everyone yesterday I went to my local Infiniti dealer to test drive a 2006 fx45. I dont know about where everyone else lives but in vegas there is two dealerships and they are owned by the same person but named different. One is Prestige Infiniti and second is Towbin Infiniti. Well I happen to know that the general manager for the two sits on some board to deside who and where all Infiniti's go on the west coast. There are only two people that hold a position of this stature one for east and on for west. He his the one who got my fx so quickly. He knows that I just purchased a 2006 g35c and told me that they are going to release the new coupe this year and it will be what they call and quoting "a face lift" with controls and dash similar to the M. He said same frame, power plant, width, height and length. Now with that said he also said the next move for the G35c will be a advanced M plat form which will be a bit longer and wider than the current G. Expected for a 09' release.

Old 03-17-2006, 10:03 PM
go snap a picture then, to much words and no show

Old 03-17-2006, 10:06 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
"G35c will be a advanced M plat form which will be a bit longer and wider than the current G. Expected for a 09' release."

Great so what are we looking at here? A 3800lbs sport coupe?

Old 03-17-2006, 11:36 PM
Location: Metropolitan South Farmington, not too far from the supercity we all know as Wilmot, NS
I find it curious that he indicated that it would be on the M platform. History lesson here: 350Z, then G35 sedan, then G35 coupe, then FX, then M all ride on what is known as Nissan's FM, or front midship platform. For the M, the FM chassis is merely stretched to provide more spacious accomodations, and to accomodate the 4.5L V8. So then, the 09 G will be on the same platform as now? Okay, all facetiousnous aside, if you look at the coupe concept, you can see our car under the revised plastic, albeit with a different construction for the rear end of the car, and the hood. Changing the interior to capture family resemblance top down makes sense. Reportedly, the GTR rides on it's own chassis, a first in its history.
If the same VQ35 powerplant was tweaked to 7500 rpm as seen on the concept, then while being the same lump, it will produce around 325-330 hp or so. This is not a bad thing.

Letter to Infiniti goes like this:
Dear Infiniti, please move the battery to the trunk, and make more bits and body bits of aluminium, to get the weight down below 3400. Please do not add 200lbs to the car by having a monster sunroof/ all glass roof

Cheers,
D

Old 03-18-2006, 01:00 AM
well, i'd be pretty pissed if i bought a 2007 infiniti g37, thinking it was an all new model, only to be replaced two years after with an even newer all new model. plus, infiniti resale would go down.

Old 03-18-2006, 01:23 AM
need pics....

Old 03-18-2006, 11:06 AM
Land Development Designer
[QUOTE=derek]I find it curious that he indicated that it would be on the M platform. History lesson here: 350Z, then G35 sedan, then G35 coupe, then FX, then M all ride on what is known as Nissan's FM, or front midship platform. For the M, the FM chassis is merely stretched to provide more spacious accomodations, and to accomodate the 4.5L V8. So then, the 09 G will be on the same platform as now?

I haven't been dealing with Infiniti's for as long as some of you and don't claim to be a expert but maybe when he was saying that it will be on the M plat form he was referring to type of suspension? don't know just relaying info to piece together this puzzle

Old 03-18-2006, 12:28 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I heard differently....from what I was told the G35C won't come out until early to mid of next year as a 2008 model. The G35 sedan will be coming out this year as a early model 2007 model. The GTR won't come out until early 2008 and will only be a limited production car (1200 units / yr) totally new platform BTW. Ahh.... the anticipation is just killing everyone gotta love it when a car does this to you.

Old 03-18-2006, 01:44 PM
derek -- I hope your letter to Infiniti gets heard and suggestions get accepted.

Originally Posted by knihc2008
well, i'd be pretty pissed if i bought a 2007 infiniti g37, thinking it was an all new model, only to be replaced two years after with an even newer all new model. plus, infiniti resale would go down.
I wouldn't worry too much about the 2k9 model being totally different chassis. You probably wouldn't want to buy a 1st year anything so you'd have to wait 3 years (instead of 2 but be envious for that overlap year)... that's plenty of time to drive the 2k7 model and trade-in for the upgraded one.

Old 03-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Thank God!

"controls and dash similar to the M"

Please God make so that I can mod my 06 coupe to have these features. I just bought my coupe in Jan and for most part LOVE the car, but the gauges are just crap! I can not stand it sometimes. It is probably the worst tachometer, gauge, etc. format that I have ever seen--worse than a civic I would say. And to think it's their (Inifinit's) second version.

Old 03-18-2006, 02:03 PM
You can see why current car is so bargain priced to the other makes in its class. Seems like all the R&D went towards the chassis and engine and nothing into the interior. How can a $30k car have an interior dash like that? It's the same as a late '90s Pontiac! That's the main reason why I didn't trade my car in when the coupe came out ... I felt like I was downgrading on the interior.

New coupe potential ... leaps and bounds ahead of current coupe. That's my $0.02 ... Please keep things in line with the current M-series. Only thing ... still not sold with the dash guages and steering wheel all move together. Good for taller drivers but I don't like how segmented the dash looks because of this feature.

Old 03-20-2006, 10:45 AM
i know a guy, that knows a guy, who everheard a guy say that the new G35c will be based on the Hyundai Elantra Platform and produce 700HP and get 50MPG.. I swear, im not lying...

Old 03-20-2006, 11:11 AM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BrooklynG
i know a guy, that knows a guy, who everheard a guy say that the new G35c will be based on the Hyundai Elantra Platform and produce 700HP and get 50MPG.. I swear, im not lying...
Corny.

Old 03-20-2006, 11:25 AM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by BrooklynG

Don't be lame and bash on the guy for providing what he believes to be credible information. (thx for the info vegas)

Old 03-21-2006, 08:49 AM
Im not bashing vegas... I find the rampant speculation going on in all the threads humorous.. Dont get your underwear in a knot, just joking around

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New news about 07' Coupe