G37 V36 Sedan 2009 + Discussion about the G37 Sedan

g25x?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 02:13 AM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
I know by doing that will help out a lot. Why gas it to a red light?

Old 02-27-2012, 10:13 AM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
I think Infiniti should have just tried to make it a luxury/economy car(if that makes any sense) as opposed to yet another sport luxury... imo they are failing here cuz from what i know the G25 only comes in base model and semi base model lol no navi = huge fail... and since they dont have the features we love, Infiniti should have just tuned it for MPGs and not so much performance. as previously stated, some people are all about the name, I have a few friends that would drive a civic if it had a luxury logo slapped on it. so to appeal to that crowd they should have made the G25 a economy car w/ luxury features. how does it compare to the 2.5 altima in terms of MPG?

Old 02-27-2012, 12:38 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
No idea...but it must be the same reason why most people buy the Lexus IS250 instead of the IS350, or why people buy the BMW 328i instead of the 335i...$2500 is a lot to some people, and not everyone is an aggressive driver. People buy the 4 cylinder Acura TSX over the 6 cylinder Acura TSX.

I see more of the underpowered variants on most cars and I live in the metropolitan northeast area.
Not true. I wouldn't buy a 335i just because of all the reoccurring problems.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:13 PM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
ummm... can we get some REAL world MPG numbers for G25? I am pretty sure it'll be better than the g35/37, no matter how G35/37 is "tuned"... lol..

also i see that some of you think the 2.5L engine in the G25 is the same as the altima's... it's not.. G25 is v6 and altima is I4.. way different..

just saying...

Old 03-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't see the point of the G25x. They should just eliminate the entire 25 line up and keep to the 37.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by joedaddy1
ummm... can we get some REAL world MPG numbers for G25? I am pretty sure it'll be better than the g35/37, no matter how G35/37 is "tuned"... lol..

also i see that some of you think the 2.5L engine in the G25 is the same as the altima's... it's not.. G25 is v6 and altima is I4.. way different..

just saying...
good to know!

Old 03-01-2012, 09:45 PM
When I picked up my G37 last month, I asked my salesman about the G25. He screwed up his face and shook his head. Said no one is buying them.

Kind of difficult to believe Infiniti would screw this up, but it looks like the G25 is a fail.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a new owner of a G25x, maybe I can shed some light on why someone would actually want the G25x over a G37 by relating my own experience. First of all, I lease my cars, not purchase – so for me a car is a 3 year experience at best, and I’ve had everything from a v6 Accord to a Maxima SE that wasn’t happy below 90mph, so I have varied experiences.

Several people have stated that the G25 is only for those who just want the brand. Well, not true – I want the car behind the brand. And in this case the car, with the exception of the engine size and a few non-essential options, is identical to the G37. Excellent fit and finish, great interior and features, exceptional ride and handling, exceptional braking ability, etc. – it’s the same as the G37 because it’s the same car. The G37 is not *just* the engine, so if you love the G series sedan, I’m not sure how you can hate the G25.
As for the engine itself, I drive between 20-30 miles per day, most of it city or suburban. The 3.7 engine, while a heck of a lot of fun, buys me nothing except a chance for a few speeding tickets in 35mph zones. So why should I pay extra for it for the driving I do? Makes no sense and is a waste of money. Granted, the power is nice and I wish the 2.5 had 20 more HP, but it’s still much better (and smoother) than the 4-cyls in “equivalent” Lexus and Mercedes. It still sounds nice and drives smooth and tight.

With regard to not having Navi being a fail – really? Again, I drive 20-30 miles a day, and almost always to the same place… I know where I’m going. And if I don’t, my Android phone that’s connected through the onboard Bluetooth talks me through it just fine, that 1 time a month I need it. Another $1000 option I don’t need. And memory seats? I’m the only one who drives it – once it’s set I’m pretty much good to go for… like… forever. But what I don’t give up in the G25x is heated leather seats, auto dual-zone climate control, rear camera, Bluetooth, iPod integration, power driver/passenger seats, moonroof, all wheel drive, exceptional handling, etc. etc. That certainly is not a fail for me.

And the bottom line of why? Well, because for a lease, (and counting differences in insurance – the G37 is higher), my bottom line is about $100/month difference between a G25x and a G37x. Again, why would I pay an extra $100/mo for things I don’t really need when all of the rest of the car (which is why I like it in the first place) is the same. Hey if you want to spend the extra money, go ahead – I’m just relating that in my case it doesn’t make good sense.

I don’t consider the G25x to be an entry-level or lower class Infiniti just to get into a brand – it’s a beautiful G sedan - with a different engine. And the loss of Navi and memory seats in no way reduces the overall quality of the car. My opinion of course.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
^^ Sounds like you found the perfect car. Congrats and welcome to G35Driver

Old 03-08-2012, 03:54 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
If you ask me, the best part about a G is the engine and transmission. It's one of the best out there and then you take away the powerful engine and you're left with a cross between a 4cyl Camry and a G37. It's slow and uneventful because the handling in these cars isn't that great. In other words, the reason you buy a G is not because of its fantastic handling.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm glad that you're thrilled with your G37 - it's a great car and the 3.7 engine is quite the powerplant. My point was however, I don't believe the G25 deserves the extent of slights it receives just because of its smaller engine - like calling it a 4cyl Camry. There's nothing about it that's the same as a 4cyl Camry. 40 more HP and an exceedingly smoother V6 than the Camry's 4cyl, and the 7 speed transmission is still well paired on the small v6 (not to mention all of the other differences in the cars themselves) - it is not a comparison at all. A more realistic comparison is the Mercedes C300 4Matic (228HP) - which I find an acceptable car as well with similar amenities and specs to the G sedan, but I liked the tighter handling (and price) of the G better - so maybe my expectations are lower.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Perfect car for you, nedglyj. Congrats. And to your point, I think we'd all rather own a G25 over a Camry or Accord, no matter how those cars were configured.

But as someone looking at this from the perspective of having a G37S 6MT, well the 25 just doesn't measure up. The things that I value about my G are not your priorities. And that's OK.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Received 118 Likes on 100 Posts
Maybe they should of have just made the G25 Hybrid then. lol

Old 03-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Rochester, Thanks I understand completely. The 6MT is truly a driver's car. Would love to have one and the roads to drive it on. Was simply giving a perspective of why someone might actually choose a 25. Certainly not claiming it to be in the same league as a 6MT. Thanks again

Old 03-08-2012, 09:58 PM
I wouldn't get a Camry or Accord... but I would probably take the Volkswagon CC over the G25. Just saying.

While I can appreciate the G's design regardless of model, I'm not married to it either.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: g25x?