General Media Share Find and share Infiniti-related videos! Just took some pics for fun? Looking for general pics and vids? Try it out. Please post specific media (Mods, etc.) in its specific category in the Tech Area.

I need your feedback on RiceBoyTV V2.0

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 04:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb I need your feedback on RiceBoyTV V2.0

First off, let me say I don’t mean to come off as a spammer, ya’ll have a badass site and I just want some feedback. Also posting here is a great way to find feature cars.

This is intern Eli from RiceBoyTV. Maybe you’ve seen me at Nisei Showoff handing out otter pops, SpoCom or getting CPR from our favorite Ricegurl, Naughty Nurse Amanda Gift. If you were an avid reader of Super Street or Project Car magazine, you definitely know who Rikdaddy and Nads are! They left the print world and started up RiceBoyTV, an online television network , which is chock-full of feature cars, show & event coverage, the hottest models, new car reviews and MUCH MORE.

Anyways, I just wanted to share with you guys a sneak peek at our new V2.0 site. I’ve had a big part in the redesign of our new site and want to know what you think.

What should we add? What should we change? Do you dislike a particular font? LOL Any feedback you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

URL: v2.riceboytv.com (sorry you have to copy & paste)
LOGIN: rice
PASSWORD: boy

Feel free to email me directly with any suggestions about the new site: eli@riceboytv.com
And, if your car is “feature-worthy” hit up Ricky or John: rikdaddy@riceboytv.com and nads@riceboytv.com

Thanks – Eli

Old 08-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I just clicked on the rice gurl part.. not a fan of the big ads that you have to get to before the page

Old 08-29-2008, 05:40 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Navigation on the site is more difficult than it should be. Good content though.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. The big ads can be annoying, but atleast you can clearly see where to click to skip them. We havent launched V2.0 yet, if you look at the current site, www.riceboytv.com, the V2.0 is much easier and plus our galleries are,... well galleries now, instead of a slideshow.

k67p67, can you elaborate on your comment? How could we make it easier?
Honestly, we really do have great content. My favorite so far is our coverage from Formula D - Seattle. The intro is badass!

Thanks a lot guys! Keep it coming (the comments, that is ).

Old 08-30-2008, 12:28 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
I was referring to the v1 version of the site. I just checked out the v2. Navigation is better. Some of the titles are potentially too hip for some users (i.e. "pixels" instead of "pics" or "photos"). I realize the ads exist to pay the bills but they might become annoying if you have to click through them EVERY time you want to check something out. Content is awesome.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:17 PM
unfortunately, there is no way around the ads. just like nobody really wants to see commercials during their favorite tv show or flip through 15 pages of ads before you get to the table of contents in a magazine. but without the support of our advertisers, we'd have no money to fund the content we put up. however, we do give the option to skip past the ad and go straight to the content. the majority of the ads will be video based as well, so you might find yourself actually liking them. thanks for the feedback, though. every little bit helps.