General Media Share Find and share Infiniti-related videos! Just took some pics for fun? Looking for general pics and vids? Try it out. Please post specific media (Mods, etc.) in its specific category in the Tech Area.

Repairing Front End Damage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2010 | 02:31 PM
Almost a work of art

Old 01-12-2010 | 02:48 PM
Where did you purchase your aftermarket radiator support? I bought one a few months ago but it fits like ****, or maybe my shop did it wrong. Anyways, if the one you bought fits like oem, i might want to buy that one and swap mine.

Old 01-15-2010 | 01:45 AM
|
Originally Posted by WhosRich
Where did you purchase your aftermarket radiator support? I bought one a few months ago but it fits like ****, or maybe my shop did it wrong. Anyways, if the one you bought fits like oem, i might want to buy that one and swap mine.
I bought it off Ebay, search g35 radiator support and the seller is D & H Auto. The fitment isn't perfect, but it fits very nicely. I don't have any issues or gaps with my headlight, bumper, or radiator/ac condensor.

Old 01-15-2010 | 01:50 AM
|
Update: I installed my headlights, powering steering bottle, and some other small items. Went to start the car and wouldn't start up. I figure it was bad gas, and I went ahead and drained it while changing out the plugs as well.

Problem: Car idles like a superstar, but no throttle response!! I stuck a screwdriver near the throttle body to open her up and gave her some gas. Revs up like a BEAST. Soooooo it's either a new throttle body or throttle body sensor. Seems like that is the last of my problems. I can't wait to drive this thing around the block. Can't even register it until I start it up cause it needs a smog check!!!!

ARRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHDOMO

Originally Posted by Row2k
nice, does everything line up perfectly, any excessive gaps, was there any front frame damage at all ?

btw you should do a full wire tuck since you have everything in pieces, its a lot easier to get to all the hard to reach connectors now, ie a/c condensor, alternator, power steering than it ever will be once the radiator and all the other tidbits are in.
I'd like to do a wire tuck, but there is so much junk in the engine bay i don't even know where to begin.

Old 01-15-2010 | 02:00 AM
Looks good! A lot better looking with that sport bumper.

Old 01-15-2010 | 01:45 PM
looks good

Old 01-15-2010 | 04:16 PM
Once that smog is done its go go go for you

Old 01-21-2010 | 11:47 PM
looks good and you fixed it in a nice amount of time

Old 02-05-2010 | 01:54 PM
|
Update: I ran into some problems recently. Some things were fixed, while others were still left unattended.

I had a bad throttle body sensor. There was no response when I gave the car gas. Went ahead and replaced it with a used one. Now it revs up perfect.

Next I had the automatic shifter get stuck in sports shift, which I solved by removing four bolts that held the unit in place. I angrily shook it while trying to move it back out, and it worked, lol. I spent one hour shaking it so I was pretty pissed.

I also found out I have a leaking top radiator hose and a leaking heater hose. I dont know what the heater hose is called so I don't have a replacement.

Replaced the Dash and it looks awesome. I'll post pictures as soon as i find my adapter for my microsd card.

Old 02-08-2010 | 05:34 PM
|
I now need new clock springs cause my connectors were melted to a pulp. Windshield, a/c refilled, heater and coolant hose, and seatbelts cause the ones i have exploded....

That looks like the last of it. After that I'm going to detail the body and repair the scratches in the paint. Pictures will be up soon for anyone interested, haha

Old 02-08-2010 | 05:52 PM
very nice work. Thanks for posting up the link for the horns, I've been wanting to put in new horns for the coupe since the day I bought it. I hope it shouldn't be too hard to replace.
good luck with the progress, great work thus far imho.

Old 02-09-2010 | 01:03 AM
|
Originally Posted by TofuProductions
very nice work. Thanks for posting up the link for the horns, I've been wanting to put in new horns for the coupe since the day I bought it. I hope it shouldn't be too hard to replace.
good luck with the progress, great work thus far imho.
Easiest thing ever. Try searching hella horn install to get an idea how to install them. I installed em on my subaru and my friends eclipse. Install should go smoothly. Good luck

Old 02-09-2010 | 01:13 AM
I love threads like these! Makes me want to buy a fixer upper! Congrats!

Old 02-09-2010 | 01:19 AM
i also have the supertones!

Old 02-10-2010 | 06:38 PM
how come no one asked how much the car was bought for

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Repairing Front End Damage