General Media Share Find and share Infiniti-related videos! Just took some pics for fun? Looking for general pics and vids? Try it out. Please post specific media (Mods, etc.) in its specific category in the Tech Area.

Repairing Front End Damage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 03:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Repairing Front End Damage

Updated Pictures on Page 3 and 4
I just picked up an OB 2004 Coupe off another member of this forum with front end damage. He said the car went under a truck. No frame damage, but the airbags
went off. I'm new here, but I'm a long time member on NASIOC (subie forum). I'm not going to do anything crazy, but probably go back to stock.

Here are some pictures:
Getting Towed home

Damaged fender, intakebox, wheel well fender,

CRACKED POWER STEERING BOTTLE!!!

Front View

Passenger airbag

That's it for now... I hope to get this baby back on the streets, wish me luck

Last edited by wannascooby; 02-14-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:05 AM
Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts
Yeah good luck bro, that's gonna be one hell of a fix.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:30 AM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Have fun fixing it. Show some vids of your work. Be great to see how you progress.

Old 11-21-2009, 12:02 AM
Finally gathered enough parts to get started on rebuilding thing. All mismatched colors, haha.

Another problem was the radiator is missing two holes for the coupe. I think it's a sedan radiator. I decided to hook everything up anyway to make sure everything fits properly.

Here are some pictures... nothing special, but here they are anyway.

Package Arrival or Radiator support, a/c condensor, and fender wheel well

Blue fenders I picked up North (Sacramento)

Removed the busted fenders, bent radiator, and twisted a/c condensor (along with a bunch of broken plastics bits). Also the bumper beam was removed to mount the Radiator support.

Mounted the Radiator, a/c condensor, and radiator fan anyway. Just for test fit. Too bad I need to find a radiator still.

Mounted the front bumper w/ only two clips and then I decided to continue with the fenders.

Fitted both the fenders and bumper together.

What I need to get this thing started is a battery, power steering bottle, stock intake box, and a radiator!!

Parts I'm looking for are hood, grill, airbags, windshield, headlights, and whatever I mentioned above. Plus some PITA wiring cause they wires were torn from the accident. The more I look at the taken apart like this the more I have the need to mod. So I think I need a BBK, suspension bits, aggressive alignment and some NICE wheels. Anyone have any recommendations?

Last edited by wannascooby; 11-21-2009 at 12:13 AM.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:17 AM
I also realized some of the picture links to remove the sideskirts were missing or they left the basic instructions of "seven bolts plus a few in the front and rear. Next yank gently w/ the door open" or something like that. I wiggld, pulled, slided, and and broke almost every clip =(. I might post a simple DIY w/ pictures if anyone is interested for the fender, bumper, and sideskirts. Most importantly I think I'll post a picture of the clip shaped like a line. It might help someone when they realize how weird those clips were shaped, haha. Those who broke clips know what i'm talking about.

Old 11-21-2009, 02:52 AM
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
why didnt you go aftermarket?
insurance payin for it?

Old 11-21-2009, 05:46 AM
Received 168 Likes on 149 Posts
I see it's coming along. Great job. Keep up the progress and keep us updated!

Old 11-21-2009, 06:26 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Doesn't look like too much damage. You're doing great

Old 11-21-2009, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by Dranom
why didnt you go aftermarket?
insurance payin for it?
I'm paying for it since I bought it like this off someone on the forums (low post count though). I went with the aftermarket radiator support, but all the body pieces will be OEM for better fitment since I'm prepping the body parts myself I don't want to mess with aftermarket fitment. Previous owner of the bumper had a lip so I might do the same.

The wires for the horns were cut so I might go with HELLA horns like what I've got on my subie.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLA-003399801

Old 12-07-2009, 03:42 AM
Just a quick update of the car. I'll post more pictures later, but it looks like it's going okay. The second radiator I bought doesn't fit either. It's an aluminium radiator that needs "minor" modifications to fit. My butt!! Drill two holes, bend the ac condensor mounts, buy thinner fans, and a bunch of other things. I'm just going to buy a regular one sigh..

Still need headlights, power steering bottle, radiator, windshield, airbags, and dash. Then hopefully I'm good to go

Old 12-09-2009, 10:27 PM
looks like a lot of work but great progress coming along already.

Old 12-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
damn nice work so fare

Old 01-01-2010, 01:51 AM
Received 110 Likes on 72 Posts
G35 Coupe
nice, does everything line up perfectly, any excessive gaps, was there any front frame damage at all ?

btw you should do a full wire tuck since you have everything in pieces, its a lot easier to get to all the hard to reach connectors now, ie a/c condensor, alternator, power steering than it ever will be once the radiator and all the other tidbits are in.

Old 01-01-2010, 02:21 AM
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts
Suck you will have to change the whole dash board since that's the only way to get a new air bag but the car looks good already.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
everything
Looking good, I miss doing bodywork on my showcar, kinda wanna rip into my G but not yet

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Repairing Front End Damage