General Media Share Find and share Infiniti-related videos! Just took some pics for fun? Looking for general pics and vids? Try it out. Please post specific media (Mods, etc.) in its specific category in the Tech Area.

17'' plastidip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
17'' plastidip

I decided to try this plastidip stuff after reading about it on the forums and saw it in real life the other day. It turned out decent the back rims are a little rough feeling but you cant tell without actually feeling it.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts
another plastidipper strikes again

Old 01-08-2011, 02:20 PM
Received 127 Likes on 117 Posts
Not bad!!!

Old 01-08-2011, 02:24 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Originally Posted by Jackus
another plastidipper strikes again
You and me are on the same page with this, Jack.

Old 01-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
Lololol!

Old 01-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
everything
Riding around in an Infiniti with sh;tty plasti-dipped wheels.... cool

Whats with the onslaught of cheapskates on the forums lately? Im all for doing my own projects/repairs/bodywork but if you dont have money to do proper mods, dont do sh;tty ones to make up for it. Not like coating car parts with rubber paint is even considered a modification.

There's a difference between doing DIY mods and just plain tacky mods.... you pretty much get laughed at and mocked by 95% of the car community. The other 5% are the ones doing tacky mods who dont know any better.

Last edited by G2FLIP4; 01-08-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by G2FLIP4
Riding around in an Infiniti with sh;tty plasti-dipped wheels.... cool

Whats with the onslaught of cheapskates on the forums lately? Im all for doing my own projects/repairs/bodywork but if you dont have money to do proper mods, dont do sh;tty ones to make up for it. Not like coating car parts with rubber paint is even considered a modification.

There's a difference between doing DIY mods and just plain tacky mods.... you pretty much get laughed at and mocked by 95% of the car community. The other 5% are the ones doing tacky mods who dont know any better.
let's tackle this whilst being as nice as possible ..

this is the second instance, that I've seen, where you've referred to our cars in such as way as to put them onto some luxury pedestal .. with each passing year, these cars are decreasing in value (no matter how much money we put into them or how flawless we keep them) and there's nothing you can do about it .. I've seen them selling for sub $9,000 in places so it's a reality you need to face that these cars are NOT some super elite luxury car .. they're affordable to just about ANYONE now and you're going to encounter people like this that want to TRY something out .. he never said that he was keeping it this way .. for all you know, he could have done this to see how it looks and end up keeping this setup as his winter beater while he orders new rims .. I don't see why you have this notion that we're driving around in Lamborghinis LOL ..

the second thing .. Modification - The act of making something different; slightly modified copy; an alteration or adjustment to something .. I could go on but the point is made .. to YOU, it might not be considered a modification but to HIM, it is .. what about all of the people painting their headlights, grille, bumpers, roof and mirrors .. all they're doing is changing the color .. so are they not "modifying" their car ?? IMO, if this is his winter setup then he did the smart thing by keeping his options open for a quick change and by not investing too much money into stock 17" rims ..

the point is .. stop thinking we drive an expensive car because, I assure you, this car is no where near expensive .. also, all you had to do was say that it wasn't something you'd do to your ride or that it was tacky but you went out of your way to post this nonsense that, I can only assume, was to make him feel bad about what he did to HIS car .. perhaps 5% of the people in the world will agree with your opinion while the other 95% will think you're a pompous a s s clown ..

btw, OP, congrats on the change and courage to try it .. also, from the looks of it, nice house

/end rant

Old 01-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by viOlaziOne
let's tackle this whilst being as nice as possible ..

this is the second instance, that I've seen, where you've referred to our cars in such as way as to put them onto some luxury pedestal .. with each passing year, these cars are decreasing in value (no matter how much money we put into them or how flawless we keep them) and there's nothing you can do about it .. I've seen them selling for sub $9,000 in places so it's a reality you need to face that these cars are NOT some super elite luxury car .. they're affordable to just about ANYONE now and you're going to encounter people like this that want to TRY something out .. he never said that he was keeping it this way .. for all you know, he could have done this to see how it looks and end up keeping this setup as his winter beater while he orders new rims .. I don't see why you have this notion that we're driving around in Lamborghinis LOL ..

the second thing .. Modification - The act of making something different; slightly modified copy; an alteration or adjustment to something .. I could go on but the point is made .. to YOU, it might not be considered a modification but to HIM, it is .. what about all of the people painting their headlights, grille, bumpers, roof and mirrors .. all they're doing is changing the color .. so are they not "modifying" their car ?? IMO, if this is his winter setup then he did the smart thing by keeping his options open for a quick change and by not investing too much money into stock 17" rims ..

the point is .. stop thinking we drive an expensive car because, I assure you, this car is no where near expensive .. also, all you had to do was say that it wasn't something you'd do to your ride or that it was tacky but you went out of your way to post this nonsense that, I can only assume, was to make him feel bad about what he did to HIS car .. perhaps 5% of the people in the world will agree with your opinion while the other 95% will think you're a pompous a s s clown ..

btw, OP, congrats on the change and courage to try it .. also, from the looks of it, nice house

/end rant
+1

looks good OP

Old 01-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
violazione, we may not drive lambos that is not even what he was midly referring our cars too, it is still nice to not think we have succumbed to the modifications of ricers. op i apologize but you should have not take all the time and wasted the effort on something that will really just not hold up against the weathering elements. cheapness over time will never beat quality work.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
everything
IMO, if this is his winter setup then he did the smart thing by keeping his options open for a quick change and by not investing too much money into stock 17" rims ..
Winter setup? Theres a *&^%$# palm tree in the picture and house has stucco on it. Hardly any indication that he lives in a climate area that even recieves cold weather, let alone snow, dictating a winter setup.

what about all of the people painting their headlights, grille, bumpers, roof and mirrors .. all they're doing is changing the color .. so are they not "modifying" their car ??
Exactly... painting... doing it the right way... not using something that was meant to be used as rubber grip on common garage tools.

this is the second instance, that I've seen, where you've referred to our cars in such as way as to put them onto some luxury pedestal ..
Last time I checked a manufacturer that sells coupes and sedans for $50k+ and a full size SUV for $70k+ is a luxury brand. Your validity that these cars can be purchased for cheap holds about as much water as a strainer. All cars can be had for far less than retail once they get older, its common sense, they depreciate. I dont view my car as a run of the mill econo sh;tbox, its sure not a Cobalt, Civic, or Spectra

Anyways, it looks cheap and tacky....

Happy now Sally?

Last edited by G2FLIP4; 01-09-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by G2FLIP4
Winter setup? Theres a *&^%$# palm tree in the picture and house has stucco on it. Hardly any indication that he lives in a climate area that even recieves cold weather, let alone snow, dictating a winter setup.

Exactly... painting... doing it the right way... not using something that was meant to be used as rubber grip on common garage tools.

Last time I checked a manufacturer that sells coupes and sedans for $50k+ and a full size SUV for $70k+ is a luxury brand. Your validity that these cars can be purchased for cheap holds about as much water as a strainer. All cars can be had for far less than retail once they get older, its common sense, they depreciate. I dont view my car as a run of the mill econo sh;tbox, its sure not a Cobalt, Civic, or Spectra

Anyways, it looks cheap and tacky....

Happy now Sally?

regardless of palm trees (LOL) some people STILL have Seasonal setups .. I won't even get into that aspect of this since it's not even of the most importance here .. I never said INFINITI, as a brand, wasn't luxury .. I was saying that OUR CAR, the 03-07 G coupe, is nothing to really brag home about .. you've mentioned in other posts that you have no idea why people drive these cars in the snow .. you also mentioned how yours was "garaged" on jack stands or whatnot (congratulations for having that option while other people may now) the most I've seen these cars run now is with a dealer selling them for bust out retail (which only some of us are willing to pay), so no, these cars are not luxury and I never really saw them as such ..

technically, the plastidip IS a spray application so it's "close" to spray paint LOL he never actually said that this car or the wheel setup was meant to portray some show car look either .. he simple TRIED something and you only pissed me off because you came out soo aggressive telling him that 95% percent of people in the car community will basically mock him and consider him lower .. honestly, I don't know who the **** you think you are even saying that .. we all bought these cars, regardless of price or our definition of luxury, because we liked the way they look .. like I stated earlier, all you had to say was that it looked like **** and to move on LOL I personally WOULDN'T do that to my rims but I like the idea of it and I give the OP props for trying something that only a handful of people on here posted about .. who honestly gives a **** if his rims have rubber on them .. this is supposed to be a community where we all stand by each other instead of saying hurtful things .. I understand that it's a forum and we all have varying opinions on what is nice (and obviously what expensive is) but we all have the same damn car and it would be nice, for once, to see replies that don't take personal digs at someone ..

just an FYI, since you were so observant with regards to the house in the background, don't you think, for just one second, that this was just something he was doing out of boredom and that he make or may not be planning on ordering a decently expensive set of wheels ?? so quick to judge just like when we all thought Obama was actually going to "change" something LOL ..

I still love you G2 although I'd like to put my foot in your ***, drug you and plastidip your rims before you wake up .. let's all just be a little more respectful FFS

BTW .. Sally sounds like such a dirty name .. could I please have a prettier name ??

Last edited by viOlaziOne; 01-09-2011 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:33 PM
Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts
Plastidip is still gay

Old 01-09-2011, 11:45 PM
At least he didn't cut holes in the hood so that the engine could breathe better or cut holes in the fenders to make it more aerodynamic. Hell I've seen guys cut into their frames because they think it saves weight. It's his car, let him do what he wants.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:46 PM
Not my style but if you like it that's all that matters. Still gay looking though.Hell op should have just rhino lined it. At least that way it would hold up better.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:04 AM
Received 168 Likes on 149 Posts
Everyone has there own taste.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 17'' plastidip