General Media Share Find and share Infiniti-related videos! Just took some pics for fun? Looking for general pics and vids? Try it out. Please post specific media (Mods, etc.) in its specific category in the Tech Area.

Ricer Boy G35 Progress

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 02:04 PM
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Ricer update. Car shoots flames. Sorry for peaking the mic, it was recorded with my phone.

Old 04-29-2017, 12:54 AM
Life Update: New job is going well. Lots of hours, but I love it. I actually enjoy going to work and I feel like I've accomplished something when I leave. At one point today there were 7 GTR's at the shop (I'm a FANBOY when it comes to the R32 and R35). Was too busy working to talk to them or get a ride along, but still enjoyed the eye-candy. My bosses hood had been chipped up from a gravel truck, and since we had to rewrap the top of it, we threw some flare on the underside as well. Might wrap mine in some urban camo soon since he has a lot leftover (IE. it's free)...

Old 05-09-2017, 12:51 AM
Got a little bored when I went home so I decided to add some ricer flare to my car. Still learning a lot at my job, still loving it. Also I have a new color picked out, it's going to be amazing. Hope to have the car re-wrapped and the underside of my hood done by Dankfest in Greensboro.

Old 05-21-2017, 09:29 PM
So I have a few days off work and decided to refresh my interior as I was never a fan of the light grey. We recently wrapped an RS6 a satin metallic grey and had some left over, so my boss let me have it. I thought this would be a perfect color since it's nothing off the wall but still different. Lemme know what you guys think.

Old 06-09-2017, 01:27 AM
Blog Entry #415609.

Late night update. Work has been kicking my a**, but today is Friday June 9th, and my car will be rewrapped by Saturday June 17th in a color which I would normally never pick. I am a simple man, I like blues and purples, and I was originally going with KPMF Gloss Indulgent Blue but I chose a different color entirely. Teasers are soon to come as the rewrap process starts Sunday June 11th. (Hint: It's satin and from Avery Dennison.) I'm beyond stoked for it, we are going all out; underside of the hood will be greyscale camo, whole car will be the crazy satin minus mirros and spoiler which will be gloss black to match the roof. It WILL be ready in time for Dankfest Greensboro which is not only the first show I am in (got indoors) but it will also be the first time the car is seen publicly. I hope it turns out as well as I am envisioning.

PS. We took the shop GTR out today to pick up some vinyl and to grab lunch, and it made me want one even more. If ANYONE here wants to PayPal me like 60k to buy one that would be great!!

Old 06-10-2017, 12:16 AM
After scraping adhesive off of a commercial vehicle for 2 days, the boss decided it was time we add some flare to the G, which is severely lacking in the engine bay department. So I give to you, the 'urban' camo hood. I absolutely love it, not as flashy as his hood (the rising sun) but not just plain ole black either. It's perfect.

Old 06-12-2017, 12:49 AM
Having my quarters pulled tomorrow so I can hopefully dial some camber out. We got started wrapping the new color, and it looks amazing. The door handles are embossed with a cool design Chris came up with, and we decided the design should be somewhere else so we did the flat section of the mirrors. I think it ties together nicely. I will grab some pictures tomorrow, but for now the color will remain a secret. Goodbye Blue, hello color flow

Old 06-12-2017, 09:47 AM
Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
I ran into (not literally) a Hyundai wrapped in an olive color this morning that was done really well. I am thinking more and more about pulling the trigger on a wrap.

....Can you give us a price breakdown of what you are spending in man hours and material?

....In it for the finished product!

Old 06-13-2017, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by G35freaks
I ran into (not literally) a Hyundai wrapped in an olive color this morning that was done really well. I am thinking more and more about pulling the trigger on a wrap.

....Can you give us a price breakdown of what you are spending in man hours and material?

....In it for the finished product!
The new color was sent to the shop for free, so I paid my boss $350 for an $800 roll, but most rolls range between $5-800 for everything that isn't crazy color shift or chromes. So far on my car we have about 30 hours (15 each) into it and have bumpers and quarter panels left. And idk the rate for most shops but we charge $35/hr for prep and breakdown and $42/hr for actual wrapping and finishing work. The usual cost of a 350/ 370 or G35 / 37 is right around $2700 which includes a warranty that matches the vinyl manufacturers warranty. Door sills / jambs are $250 per door, and we offer ceramic coating as well. If you are going to get your vehicle wrapped, please don't take it to cheapest place. We have had to unwrap vehicles done by lower end shops where the entire vehicle is covered in glue residue from improper application and stained paint from the surface not being cleaned well, and even had to send off a brand new GTR for repaint because the "cheap guys" cut the mess out of the factory paint. Go to a good shop and take a look at all the samples they have.

So update on the Ricer. I knew my quarters were rusted before I wrapped the car, and I thought I had fixed it but evidently I was wrong. The picture doesn't really do it justice but that hole is nickel sized and goes all the way thru the quarter, and the shiny part is where the bondo chipped off revealing a nice split in the metal. The driver side is also rusted, but it appears to be just surface rust. Not sure what to do at this point, but we wrapped the hood and trunk last night anyways. We also thru in some nice embossing on the door handles and mirrors.

Old 06-18-2017, 10:09 PM
After 6 days of non-stop work, the car is done. It's so perfect now. I know the front is too high (already fixed) and the rear camber is still wack (got turned down at 4 different shops) but those are easy. The color, the details, the embossing on the handles and mirrors and door jambs and flares, it's so awesome. I love it. Finished the car at 3am on Saturday and was up at 6:30 for the alignment fiasco then drove to Greensboro for the car show. I don't know what's next since we made so much progress was made in the past week. Kinda want to run 13 wide in the rear. kind of want to make front and side splitters, and I kind of want to just sit and enjoy it. I have missed driving the car so much. Don't get me wrong, the car is still low, but not as low as it was plus I don't rub every 2 seconds. Once again, I love it. I'll get more detailed pictures tomorrow once I get some rest and clean it up a bit.

Old 06-18-2017, 11:13 PM
Received 350 Likes on 301 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
Originally Posted by Conissah
rear camber is still wack (got turned down at 4 different shops)
If you are up for a drive, try these guys in Cary:

http://www.performance-chassis.com

Old 06-20-2017, 09:42 PM
Finally got the alignment done and also adjusted the height. I'm still low, but it doesn't look like it due to the nature of the flares. The current height is as low as I'm going since A) I don't want to cut my front tires with the cut part of the fender and B) I have around 1.5" of suspension travel in the rear before the tire will contact the seam sealed section and I don't want that. I'm eventually going to buy some 275/30 for the rear (which will drop it a decent amount 94mm vs 82.5mm sidewall) and then probably some 265/35 fronts. This isn't something that needs to be done super quickly tho as I am super happy with the fact that I can actually drive my car now. Current setup is -3 degrees all around with 0 toe, and I have spacers on the way to fill the gap so that's fun. It's crazy how far the car has come in the past 2 weeks. I still need to get pictures of the embossed mirrors, handles, flares, and the door jamb btw.

Old 06-21-2017, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,026 Likes on 943 Posts
Finally it looks normal haha.

Old 06-21-2017, 08:22 AM
Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
I dig that wrap...takes alot of ***** to go that extreme and it looks like a great job.
Not totally into the flares, but I'm just not a flare liking kinda guy (except for Jeep's).

​​​​​
I really like that color. Well done.

Old 06-26-2017, 01:01 AM
Thanks guys! I got the spacers in for the rear, and my god is it wide lol. I now rub a little under full compression, but its not enough to worry me. Also, you can't tell from the picture but the rear flares have this nice rubber trim that goes along the edge to give them a cleaner look, but I didn't order enough for all 4 so the fronts don't have it. Well that package came in the same time as the spacers so that will really finish off the look when I find time to install it. Next up: bags??, splitters (front and sides), 13" wide wheels in the back; who knows??!! All I know is that I am enjoying the car. It's been a crazy journey thus far, I can't wait to see what's in store.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.