General Media Share Find and share Infiniti-related videos! Just took some pics for fun? Looking for general pics and vids? Try it out. Please post specific media (Mods, etc.) in its specific category in the Tech Area.

Ricer Boy G35 Progress

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 11:46 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
I think the tail is a little too white, it needs something to break it up a tad, damn nice looking work though.

Old 03-09-2018, 11:52 PM
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
I think the tail is a little too white, it needs something to break it up a tad, damn nice looking work though.
Agreed. Luckily Kyle (my brother) bought a whole bunch of decals for the bike that I'll be throwing on at some point. That should break up all the blank spaces pretty nicely.

Old 03-10-2018, 08:40 PM
Finished the bike. I may have went overboard with the accent pieces. Threw some on top of the gas tank, on the tail section, and added some stripes to the front; although they may end up coming off once the decals go on. The bike looks amazing IMO, makes me want one even more.

Old 03-10-2018, 10:54 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Nope you didn't go overboard at all, that looks PERFECT.

Old 03-10-2018, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Nope you didn't go overboard at all, that looks PERFECT.
Thanks! I love it as it sits, but my brother wants me to put the decals on it. Whenever I have time to go back to my parents house I'll throw them on and hopefully it won't mess the design up.

Old 03-11-2018, 12:05 AM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
I would definitely roll up painters tape on the back of each decal and mock the ENTIRE sticker pack up on the bike before applying any. I made the mistake of not doing a proper mock-up once and I really regretted it.

Old 03-11-2018, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
White bikes FTW, and I wish I had someone who would wrap them for a reasonable cost lol. I am having the R6 painted white right now. Excited for how it turns out in the spring.

FYI: http://www.thedrive.com/motorcycles/...e-a-motorcycle

Attached Thumbnails Ricer Boy G35 Progress-photo650.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
cleric670 (03-11-2018)
Old 03-11-2018, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
White bikes FTW, and I wish I had someone who would wrap them for a reasonable cost lol. I am having the R6 painted white right now. Excited for how it turns out in the spring.

FYI: http://www.thedrive.com/motorcycles/...e-a-motorcycle
What were you quoted for the R6 if you don't mind me asking?

Good read, thanks for sharing. A newer R6 is probably going to be my first bike. I have no desire to hop on a liter bike any time soon . I grew up on 2 wheels, on the dirt, and only sold my bike to get the G because I needed reliable transportation while at college. We will see how it pans out, but as of right now I'm pretty set on an R6 soon after I graduate .

Old 03-11-2018, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

Not exactly first street bike material there... would recommend an FZ6 if you "need" a sportbike or at Least get an R6 with ABS. It's a super sport. Not far off a leader bike in performance. Like a pre-TC viper.

Old 03-11-2018, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

$600 with $300 of it being paint materials. I degreased and removed all stickers from fairings and tank.

Professional paint and body guy working off shop hours, not even the "friends and family rate" like you hooked your brother up with haha.

Old 03-11-2018, 03:35 PM
Not exactly first street bike material there... would recommend an FZ6 if you "need" a sportbike or at Least get an R6 with ABS. It's a super sport. Not far off a leader bike in performance. Like a pre-TC viper.
$600 with $300 of it being paint materials. I degreased and removed all stickers from fairings and tank.

Professional paint and body guy working off shop hours, not even the "friends and family rate" like you hooked your brother up with haha.
By newer R6 I meant MY17 or 18. I want the TCS and definitely the ABS. I want something that's fun, but not something that wants to kill me, and yet still be able to hold its own on the track. That's further down the line as I need time to get used to the bike and the power, but I definitely want to track it.

$600 isn't a bad price for paint, and that's probably much cheaper than what most vinyl shops will charge for a single color. There are so many pieces involved with wrapping fairings and lots of overlays, so there will be seams. IF I had a garage at my apartment, I would probably charge ~$1000 for what I did to my brother bike, that includes materials. However I did have to wet sand down all of the fairings which isn't accounted for in the price.

Also, sort of a life update since a lot of posts in this thread have been related to my job; I am no longer working at the vinyl shop. One of the guys whose car we have wrapped a few times offered me an intern position at his logistics company, and it was in my best interest to take it. I'll be going to school and working at Armstrong throughout the week, and if time allows on the weekends I will try to lend a hand at the vinyl shop. With that being said, ultimate end goal for me is for my brother and I to own and manage our own shop. Do everything from vinyl to coilover installs to exhaust fab to whatever else you need done, not limited to just 4 wheels though. Unrelated and off topic I know, but I take pride in my work and I feel that Kyle's bike shows that. I may have access to a garage in the coming months when I move apartments, so who knows, maybe I'll be wrapping more things in the future. This last paragraph was all over the place, but maybe it makes sense.

Old 03-11-2018, 05:50 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Sounds like a lot of work and a really fun plan.

Old 03-12-2018, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds good to me too! It could really work. Just be real with yourself about cost of ownership including insurance and such.

Glad you got a more stable gig. Good for ya.

Old 03-12-2018, 12:43 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Conissah
By newer R6 I meant MY17 or 18. I want the TCS and definitely the ABS. I want something that's fun, but not something that wants to kill me, and yet still be able to hold its own on the track. That's further down the line as I need time to get used to the bike and the power, but I definitely want to track it.

$600 isn't a bad price for paint, and that's probably much cheaper than what most vinyl shops will charge for a single color. There are so many pieces involved with wrapping fairings and lots of overlays, so there will be seams. IF I had a garage at my apartment, I would probably charge ~$1000 for what I did to my brother bike, that includes materials. However I did have to wet sand down all of the fairings which isn't accounted for in the price.
R6 is really ducking fast, that's what I'm getting at. You better have good medical coverage and gear because it constantly wants you to go track speeds. It's rally unnecessary for street use. I am likely going to sell this R6 and just buy a tracked out one when my budget allows that! Not this year, gotta pay off the student loans no more than 4 track days .

I live in a poorer area so you can get some really great prices!

BTW total thread jack but you should do more with headlights at your shop if you decide to open up. If you get good you can charge a high rate for custom work!

See today's work by me! (Just gotta finish mounting)

Attached Thumbnails Ricer Boy G35 Progress-photo651.jpg   Ricer Boy G35 Progress-photo668.jpg  
Old 03-12-2018, 11:48 AM
R6 is really ducking fast, that's what I'm getting at. You better have good medical coverage and gear because it constantly wants you to go track speeds. It's rally unnecessary for street use. I am likely going to sell this R6 and just buy a tracked out one when my budget allows that! Not this year, gotta pay off the student loans no more than 4 track days .

I live in a poorer area so you can get some really great prices!

BTW total thread jack but you should do more with headlights at your shop if you decide to open up. If you get good you can charge a high rate for custom work!

See today's work by me! (Just gotta finish mounting)
I've actually painted housings and installed demon eyes in my car and also a few of my buddies cars. Something I'm definitely not opposed to messing with. They look great! I have half of this semester and then one in the fall and I'm out of here. Got some big plans for the G once I'm making decent money and not blowing it all on tuition. You guys are making me want to legitimately open up a shop.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.