General Media Share Find and share Infiniti-related videos! Just took some pics for fun? Looking for general pics and vids? Try it out. Please post specific media (Mods, etc.) in its specific category in the Tech Area.

Ricer Boy G35 Progress

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,019 Likes on 937 Posts
If you heard what people charge to do retro's you might sign up to do them seriously, backed by insurance. I'm starting to do it and it's baffling what people will pay. Get school done first you are almost there .

Old 03-26-2018, 02:06 PM
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
After I left the office on Friday I decided I would run to the shop and hang out with some buddies. I got there and Brian's (my new boss AKA Nismo GTR guy) car was not ready for Import Alliance. He was supposed to leave at 9am on Friday and at 5:30pm his car was still not ready. I decided to help throw her back together and then Brian decided to convince me to go to IA with him in the morning. My buddy Andrew and former boss Chris both said that if I went then they would go, so I bought the ticket at 10pm. THEN we went to a Chinese Buffet and left there at 11pm. I drove home and showered and hopped in the bed. Woke up at 4:30am and met Brian, Chris, Adam (red GTR) and Andrew at Ikea and began the long drive. Brian had his corner lights fall out and then we got stuck at a gas station, so we tried to catch up to the group. I either had to get left behind or follow the 2 GTR's and Chris's 370 at 100+ mph down 85, so I chose to stick with the small group lol. Got to the track at 9:30-10am ish, waited in line for an hour and hung out with some friends from Charlotte who had come down the night before. We cruised around and took some rollers, went to a parking lot meet where people were getting arrested and fights broke out, and left. Spent a few hours at the track on Sunday, and made the 5 hour drive back yesterday. My buddy who took an actual camera took some legitimate pictures, but he isn't done with those as of yet. Enjoy the pictures of my car. I totally forgot to take actual pictures of the show cars, but you guys know what to expect at big shows.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

Neat. When they go that fast I would just want to sit on the passenger seat and not risk that ticket haha.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Neat. When they go that fast I would just want to sit on the passenger seat and not risk that ticket haha.
Yeah I was worried about that, but I was chilling in the back and all 3 of them have Valentine1's so there was some sort of buffer. Definitely the sketchiest thing I've done to date.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:33 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,463 Likes on 2,155 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Sounds like every friday on the Oregon Trail™.

Old 04-11-2018, 11:14 PM
Got off work today and went to throw my bag into the passenger seat, and noticed the beauty on my quarter panel that was a major door ding. I was obviously pissed off, but I had to get to class. I rushed back to my apartment and checked some car doors to see if there was any vinyl from my car stuck on someone else's door, to no avail. Got out of my class and went back to find that the ***** who usually parks beside me, who wasn't there earlier, was back in the lot parked near my car. I went and checked his door, and lookie there, my purple vinyl was still stuck to his passenger door. Cops were called, but the officer didn't help at all. I got the dudes insurance information and am currently waiting for the passengers insurance info, as the dude told me it was his girlfriend who hit my car, so I hope it works out and gets paid for. That is obviously being optimistic, so I am prepared to take them to small claims, I have PLENTY of photo evidence against them, but I hope it doesn't come to that. Not to make this too long, but I guess this is more of a rant. I honestly wouldn't have been so upset if the damage was merely cosmetic, as I should have enough vinyl on the roll to rewrap the quarter no problem. The main thing for me was the massive dent, which I'm not sure can be removed by PDR; I promise that it's worse than it looks. Either way the **** is somehow going to get paid for. Anyways, it's a 'fun' update since I haven't really been up to anything lately.

Old 04-12-2018, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

I'm so glad you found them.

They parked right next to you again.

Some people are clueless *******s when it comes to cars and damaging other vehicle s

Old 04-12-2018, 01:30 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
A good dentless removal guy can pull that out, I've seen MAGIC worked in the hands of a skilled dentless removal tech, things I thought absolutely impossible turned out literally perfect.

Old 04-12-2018, 05:02 PM
I'm so glad you found them.

They parked right next to you again.

Some people are clueless *******s when it comes to cars and damaging other vehicle s
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
A good dentless removal guy can pull that out, I've seen MAGIC worked in the hands of a skilled dentless removal tech, things I thought absolutely impossible turned out literally perfect.
Im super glad I found them too. I already have the invoices for both the PDR and the rewrap. Still waiting to hear from the girl.

Old 04-12-2018, 06:56 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Since you filed a police report that's good and you have record of it all but you will likely need to get the police involved if it's more than 24 hours because she might be just avoiding contact with you. She might not even have insurance in which case it would fall back on the vehicle owner since he gave her "permissive use" of the vehicle and depending on the state permissive use means it's the owners insurance that pays.

Typically when you loan someone your vehicle and they get in a wreck YOUR insurance is the primary and HIS insurance is secondary.

Old 04-12-2018, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Since you filed a police report that's good and you have record of it all but you will likely need to get the police involved if it's more than 24 hours because she might be just avoiding contact with you. She might not even have insurance in which case it would fall back on the vehicle owner since he gave her "permissive use" of the vehicle and depending on the state permissive use means it's the owners insurance that pays.

Typically when you loan someone your vehicle and they get in a wreck YOUR insurance is the primary and HIS insurance is secondary.
Well there was no actual report filed. The officer stated that he couldn't file an accident report because the vehicles weren't moving when it happened, and I couldn't claim property damage because there was no intent behind hitting my car. I currently have the girls insurance information, but I doubt they will cover anything without a report. I'm just going to ask her for the amount of the estimates and if she won't pay then I will easily take it to court.

Old 04-29-2018, 06:26 PM
Never made an update on the dent situation. I got the estimates from my PDR guy as well as from the wrap shop, and when I showed them to the Geico adjuster woman, she wrote me a check on the spot for the amount on the invoices. So the dent will be getting fixed this coming Wednesday, just in time for a show I am in on Sunday the 6th.

Old 04-29-2018, 09:29 PM
Double post here, wanted to keep them separate. Got a lot done this weekend while house-sitting for the parents while they went on a trip for their 29th Anniversary. New brakes because mine had been squealing for like 6 months, polished the lips on the wheels, fixed my catch can, discovered a vacuum leak and replaced the PCV valve. I can't believe how low the brake pads actually were, shame on me for not checking them more often.

Whilst messing around with the car, I figured it would be a good time to empty the catch can. After I had removed it, I noticed some oil on the bottom of the can, and then checked down in the 'hole' where the can sits. Apparently the bottom portion of the can wasn't sealed all the way and the oil was leaking out of it and down the power steering line. I clamped the bottom of the can in a vice and, luckily, the bottom unscrewed. Cleaned it with some degreaser, and put a nice bead of RTV on the edge before screwing it back in. Note the darker color on the right most line, that's the oil that makes it look dark. It ran all the way down that line and starting dripping on the splash shield. Last picture is how much oil the can caught in roughly ~1000 miles.

Also found a super fast way to polish the wheels. Since the car was on jackstands, I simply put the 2 wheels on the rear, started the car and put it in gear; with the wheels spinning it took me probably 1/4 the time to polish all 4 wheels than if I had done them by hand the old way.

I plan on rebuilding these wheels at some point in the future since they leak, and the plan is to run 10" wide in the front with a 5" lip and 11" wide in the rear with a 7" lip. My current 11's have a 5" lip, so I threw one up front to see what fitment was like, and boyyyyyy do I need more money for the lips and barrels.

Also, if anyone could help me sort this vacuum leak out, that would be great. I'm not sure why it's leaking, but I ended up capping the tube that comes off of the plenum and leaving the can open to vent.

Old 04-30-2018, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Wheels moving while polishing... I've seen a few fingers removed and heard of people losing hands in manufacturing doing that kind of ****... don't do that.

Glad you are getting the fender fixed.

You should be checking your brake pads at least once a quarter for odd wear/uneven wear/general condition. You are low and slow but it's still a huge deal .

Old 04-30-2018, 09:13 PM
Wheels moving while polishing... I've seen a few fingers removed and heard of people losing hands in manufacturing doing that kind of ****... don't do that.

Glad you are getting the fender fixed.

You should be checking your brake pads at least once a quarter for odd wear/uneven wear/general condition. You are low and slow but it's still a huge deal .
Yeah I actually caught my finger on the valve stem and that wasn't fun at all. I really should invest in a drill attachment and use that to polish, but the car being in the air was too enticing. Literally took me 5 minutes per wheel.

Also I didn't get good pads, I got the cheapest ones that had at AutoZone. I know my rotors or shot too as they're getting pretty groovy . I plan on going with the Z1 kit after I graduate, so those cheap pads were only meant to hold me over.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.