General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Supplemental air bag warning light staying on(blinking) while driving.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 10:56 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts
I had the same issue on my car and it ended up being that my sensor harness in the seat had got out and they replace it under warranty....mine is back on again from doing my UTEC install and unplugging everything. I have to reset it and attempt to get my SES light off since my inspection is up.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
thanks for all the replies. This site is great

Old 01-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
Update:

Took the car in this morning 9 cent. and 8 hrs later, they call and tell me THIS IS GOING TO BE EXPENSIVE,that the Airbag control unit ($919.75) and the Airbag control module-left ($577) are bad, w/ labor of $444. 2 grand with tax and he told me that it is NOT covered by warranty and the light may come back on when they are done, and until above work is done, they can't check the other bad codes.

I told him to double check b/c I believe that there is a 6yr/70K mi warranty on those items and I am at 5 yrs from in serv. date and 40kmi.

I also told him that I know someone from Riverside Infiniti that has helped answer some questions on this for me. He told that he would call me back b/c he was going to check with his warranty clerk or whatever.

He called me back and told me they made a mistake and it is covered and they would need the car overnight.He mentioned the chance of the light coming on again, so if it does I hope its covered.

I wonder if they wanted to double charge on this and make 4 grand?
Mr. Clueless Shirt and Tie-Guy would lay down and pay-up (me, and I'm not clueless)
AND INFINITI Warranty would pay

This makes me very suspicious of dealerships......

Old 01-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its probably only the Drivers Seat Side Air Bag (like I mentioned before)...

Sounds to me like the tech is just reading the code, which will show both, but once the fault is fixed, the control unit wont throw the code any more...

Also sounds like the service advisor and or technician did a half arsed job... What they SHOULD have done is before even calling you, get the part numbers from the technician and see if they are covered under warranty. Once you have those part numbers it takes about 2 minutes... A phone call to the customer saying we found the problem and it is covered is much nicer than saying you have to fork over $1K!

The problem is, your service is only going to be as good as the service writer. The repair and diagnostic is only going to be as good as the technician...

Unfortunately there are dealers that have a "lube tech" do the basic diagnostic. This leads to the wrong diagnostic...

From my history here... we have replaced many many side air bag modules, probably 10 times as many from the air bag control unit...

Glad to see you are getting everything taken care of under warranty finally now!

And if you WERE to purchase the parts... The drivers side side air bag module: $400 + Shipping... MSRP on the part is $508.17

Old 01-11-2008, 12:02 AM
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
good points, hopefully no surprises tomorrow.

Old 01-13-2008, 02:24 AM
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
replaced driver side module LH, and replaced diagnosis sensor unit

parts: module assy-side air K8EHA-AM600
Sensor- Side air bag- 98820-AM625

all covered under warranty.

Old 06-11-2008, 12:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
min is flashing because i forgot to plug a wire harness into my stereo!

Old 06-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I took my passenger seat out to clean under it b/c I spilt some juice(SMH) When I was done and pluged everything back together the light was still on(first came on when I removed the seat) My question is should I used that presedure on the first page if so do I wait untill the light first comes on to count the seconds or do I wait for it to flash?

Old 06-13-2008, 08:26 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Update: I just did the method that was posted and it works thanks guys

Old 07-21-2008, 06:52 PM
there isnt a airbag harness that plugs into the stereo. Mine just came on and ive had my avic z2 in the car fro about 6 mos. I can only bet that the dealer will try and say it has something to do with it ... great

Old 07-24-2008, 11:53 PM
my light just came on and I'm wondering if Infiniti will give me a hard time because of my turbo. I have to turbo for over a year in never had this problem.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:22 AM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
ok, so I did the whole diagnostic turn on turn off scheme and it only does this

ON 3 sec
OFF 2 sec
ON 3 sec
OFF 2 sec
(repeat until you fall asleep)

no quick flashes to give a code or anything.

On the first diagnostics page listed above, it says turn off and turn on again to erase memory - which I did. It came on again 3 days later ~sigh~

is my only option the bloody infiniti dealer? (4 yrs 3 mos 57.8k miles - whew)

Adrian

Old 10-21-2009, 12:19 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Did all of these and still is blinking ugh :/

Old 10-22-2009, 06:17 PM
My driver's side air bag SAR light is also blinking. The Dealer said it was the seat Module and it is covered under Power and Drivetrain warranty. They will have to remove the seat cover to install the replacement. Although I still think it's a bit sorry that an Airbag Module on a car 4 years old and only 16.5K miles has already failed. This is not a Chevy or Ford where you might expect this. What other surprises should I be expecting in the future?

Old 12-14-2009, 11:54 AM
Big Freakin' Thank You to this thread - you saved me $800

I just questioned the dealer's $800 cost of the airbag replacement for my '04 6MT @ 51K. I said, "Sorry, I'm gonna be a big jerk for a minute, but everything I'm reading says this is covered under warranty. Are you sure it's not?" The service person said, "Let me check the part number (click...click...click) I can't find it. I'll call you back in a few."

He called back and said, "I'm glad you said something. It's covered under the power train warranty. Usually it's just the seat belts covered for 6/70K."

I asked him, nicely, "Hmmm, why do you think this wasn't caught up front?" He replied, "I guess the tech coded it incorrectly."

They were super to work with. This confirms an earlier post of how things should be done vs. how things are done. Sometimes we just need to fill in the gaps for them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Supplemental air bag warning light staying on(blinking) while driving.....