General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Supplemental air bag warning light staying on(blinking) while driving.....

Old 12-14-2009, 08:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Power Train Warranty

I was a bit surprised to see Air Bags and Seat Modules under Power Train Warranty... Although I always thought Safety Items such as Seat Belts and Air Bags had a ten year service warranty... Always Ask, Ask and Ask again, to see if they can work something out with you... Maybe a refurbished replacement unit might be an option in some repairs... Glad my post was able to save you money.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Find the primary cause of failure part number. for warranty coverage with the INFINITI Warranty Book, obtain Warranty Repair Operation Code & time.

Old 12-31-2009, 05:26 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
Originally Posted by axerickson
I just questioned the dealer's $800 cost of the airbag replacement for my '04 6MT @ 51K. I said, "Sorry, I'm gonna be a big jerk for a minute, but everything I'm reading says this is covered under warranty. Are you sure it's not?" The service person said, "Let me check the part number (click...click...click) I can't find it. I'll call you back in a few."

He called back and said, "I'm glad you said something. It's covered under the power train warranty. Usually it's just the seat belts covered for 6/70K."

I asked him, nicely, "Hmmm, why do you think this wasn't caught up front?" He replied, "I guess the tech coded it incorrectly."

They were super to work with. This confirms an earlier post of how things should be done vs. how things are done. Sometimes we just need to fill in the gaps for them.
glad this was helpful. I saved myself 2 grand by questioning the jerks at my stealership who said it was not covered

Old 01-07-2010, 04:29 PM
I have an '04 6MT too with same problem

So is it the seat belt that's covered under the 6 years/70K, but not the airbag? I have 78K miles with the blinking airbag warning. Dealer should cover it?

Old 01-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Originally Posted by axerickson
I just questioned the dealer's $800 cost of the airbag replacement for my '04 6MT @ 51K. I said, "Sorry, I'm gonna be a big jerk for a minute, but everything I'm reading says this is covered under warranty. Are you sure it's not?" The service person said, "Let me check the part number (click...click...click) I can't find it. I'll call you back in a few."

He called back and said, "I'm glad you said something. It's covered under the power train warranty. Usually it's just the seat belts covered for 6/70K."

I asked him, nicely, "Hmmm, why do you think this wasn't caught up front?" He replied, "I guess the tech coded it incorrectly."

They were super to work with. This confirms an earlier post of how things should be done vs. how things are done. Sometimes we just need to fill in the gaps for them.

that's such BS. That's a flat out lie, you know damn well they know the everage person prob. wouldn't even question that. Just rackin in the $$$$$$$$

Old 01-27-2010, 10:25 PM
wat exactly does " turn the iginition on" mean? like almost engine on just battery, or start the engine completly?

Old 01-28-2011, 11:24 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This just happend to me today , I'm at the dealer they say it's the driver side airbag control module . Bad part is it's not under warranty

Old 03-01-2011, 03:09 PM
My airbag light just started flashing after I changed my in cabin air filter. I unplugged some of the wires behind my glove box, so thought this might be the problem.
My car is an '04, so there was some airbag wiring recall, so I took it to the dealer this morning. They said my problem is unrelated and it is an internal failure of the passenger side air bag module. (B1065 B1070 Due to open passenger air bag module) They want $770 to fix it!

Could it be that I messed something up changing the in cabin air-filter, or is it just coincidence that it went off right after?
And how hard is it to change this myself? Can I get the part used, or does it have to be new?

Old 03-15-2011, 10:11 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
Originally Posted by Buju On Friday
My airbag light just started flashing after I changed my in cabin air filter. I unplugged some of the wires behind my glove box, so thought this might be the problem.
My car is an '04, so there was some airbag wiring recall, so I took it to the dealer this morning. They said my problem is unrelated and it is an internal failure of the passenger side air bag module. (B1065 B1070 Due to open passenger air bag module) They want $770 to fix it!

Could it be that I messed something up changing the in cabin air-filter, or is it just coincidence that it went off right after?
And how hard is it to change this myself? Can I get the part used, or does it have to be new?
Wow, that sux. How did you resolve this?

Old 03-16-2011, 12:54 AM
Yea, super easy. I just had to do the airbag reset by turning the ignition on and off.

The warning light went off because I turned my ignition on when I had the airbag unplugged.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:13 PM
Angry Airbag Light Problem

In August 2010 I had an appointment with Infiniti to complete the OPEN P0339 G35 SAB Connector ITP 10-034 recall. The day before my appointment I was involved in a accident hitting a deer on the front right passenger side. The airbags did NOT deploy in the accident. The vehicle may not have deployed the airbag, or a sensor malfunction could have happened during the accident due to the airbag system not be correctly installed and still in need of the recall. The vehicle was repaired and returned with nothing done to the airbag system by my insurance company. I then made another appointment with Infiniti Glencoe to complete the recall. The recall was completed on 11/19/2010.
After this recall I have had my airbag light come on, every time it has rained. I had been resetting the light by the key-lock position. It would go off, and stay off until it rained again. Once it rained again, the light would turn back on. I had another appointment on 2/2/2011 for service. However that day was the Chicago Blizzard and I was unable to drive the vehicle 95 miles up to Infiniti Glencoe for the appointment and most places were closed due to the treacherous conditions.
My next appointment was scheduled for 3/3/2011 instead. On 3/4/11 Infiniti of Glencoe diagnosed the Passenger Side Airbag and Module as faulty and needing replacement. Total cost was $785 discounted to $704.00. I picked it up on 3/9/2011. On 3/19/2011 the airbag light came on AGAIN! I dropped the car back off to Infiniti Glencoe the same day driving 95 miles one way and 95 miles back to drop it off. On 3/21/2011 they have now diagnosed the Driver's Side Airbag as the fault.
Ever since I have had this recall completed on this vehicle I have had problems with the airbag system in this car. I cannot accept that BOTH front airbags and modules just so happened to become faulty for no reason on a 2004 Infiniti that have NEVER been deployed. I've contacted Consumer Affairs to have them deny my claim over and over again. Infiniti Corporate has been extremely rude and unwilling to stand behind the product they manufactured.
I need help having this problem taken care of. I cannot drive my family around in a car with a faulty airbag system and risk killing us in accident due to Infiniti’s neglect to stand behind the parts they’ve manufactured because my airbags may not deploy. My insurance has also been involved and has claimed it is NOT related to the accident. If there's so many people with the same issue, why isn't this a class action lawsuit?

Old 07-25-2011, 10:26 AM
Please advice I have a 05 with 84k miles and my airbag started to flash I bought it used last year and I am sure is out of warranty any advice.

Old 07-25-2011, 12:02 PM
^^You are definitely of warranty. If I were you I would bring it to the dealer to see if you have already had the harness recall taken care of and see what they say is the cause. But before you pay them anything I would try to do the reset first and see if that fixes it.

Old 06-11-2014, 02:45 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 G35X @112,000 miles, I reclined my seats and took a nap in the G, woke up to find the airbag light blinking. I did the hard reset and I hope the light stays off, needless to say I don't have a warranty.