General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

MANY PROBLEMS...went to stealership

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 12:20 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
First problem...going to Cerritos Infiniti, they are a total FAIL. In short I had a problem, Klumzyee fixed it, they saw engine coolant residue and blamed on aftermarket parts without fully diagnosing and claimed I still had a problem...funny how I never got it checked again and yet I HAVEN'T had the problem, thanks to Eric!

I'd say see what Riverside Infiniti can do, maybe they can get you a better deal if you don't want to do it yourself. If you're interested, the mechanic by my house does good work, is honest, and has good priecs.

Only thing is, you have to call and check with him cos he gets so busy, he doesn't call you when the car is done, but if you ask for a time frame, he'll give you one. Just hit me up with a PM and I'll provide his info. He's located in Arcadia BTW.

Old 05-21-2009, 01:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This might fix your 4th clicking noise problem:

https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...ml#post4241178

Old 05-21-2009, 09:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
3 - probably a bad fuel damper. they go bad on these engines all across the Nissan family.

5 - if the engine light is off, it is nothing to worry about. the ECU has built in logic, and continually tests all systems. if it passes, the light stays off. The record of a SES light is stored for 40 key cycles. I believe there are certain codes that will not be stored into memory. I dont recall exactly which systems fall under this category.

6 - retime your window. if you do end up needing a motor you could try taking it apart and giving it a good cleaning. who knows how long this will last, but hey, you just saved some cash. someone here recently posted his success with this.

Old 05-22-2009, 12:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how do u retime neways?

Old 05-22-2009, 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by donpisto
First problem...going to Cerritos Infiniti, they are a total FAIL. In short I had a problem, Klumzyee fixed it, they saw engine coolant residue and blamed on aftermarket parts without fully diagnosing and claimed I still had a problem...funny how I never got it checked again and yet I HAVEN'T had the problem, thanks to Eric!

I'd say see what Riverside Infiniti can do, maybe they can get you a better deal if you don't want to do it yourself. If you're interested, the mechanic by my house does good work, is honest, and has good priecs.

Only thing is, you have to call and check with him cos he gets so busy, he doesn't call you when the car is done, but if you ask for a time frame, he'll give you one. Just hit me up with a PM and I'll provide his info. He's located in Arcadia BTW.
^^thanks man!..if i dont find a place i will definitely hit u up...

thanks everyone else too!!!....

Old 05-22-2009, 02:38 PM
how do u re-time the windows?

Old 05-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
all things ive had to do to me 03 g already some twice.... front pasenger side axle starting clicking on hard turn today.. so guess time to replace those too....

Old 05-23-2009, 04:31 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
to retime windows just push the button the reset button with tthe window all the way up... u can get to the button without taking the whole door apart but still have to take quite a bit off.. the reset button is under ablack sticker on the inner part of the door.. cant miss it.. right in the center

Old 05-24-2009, 01:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
with door panel off, and switch reconnected. use manual, not auto for this procedure:

window up.
hold reset switch, window down.
release reset switch, window up.

you are now timed.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by pwebb
with door panel off, and switch reconnected. use manual, not auto for this procedure:

window up.
hold reset switch, window down.
release reset switch, window up.

you are now timed.
if its a coupe you gotta close the door when timing.if the little cover is missing then replace the motor as someone tried it already