General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Passenger Window Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2010 | 01:26 PM
|
Passenger Window Problem

I lowered my passenger window the other day when it was 101 degrees out. When I went to bring it back up with the automatic feature it went all the way up, then went down about 5 inches and stopped. I tried it about 50 more times and it kept happening. Then I held the switch in the up position for 20 seconds after the window reached the top and it stayed up.

The next day, the same exact thing happened. I imagine it's some sort of ECU thing that can be corrected by performing a sequence of steps, but don't know what to do.

I haven't seen this before, but if someone has posted a fix already I apologize for doubling up. Thanks.

Old 07-26-2010 | 05:51 PM
"Search" button is your friend.

But since I'm typing, this is one of the most common problems on our cars. Solution: You need to replace your window motor. There is a limit switch on it that allows your window to retract if it feels interference (like fingers). That switch is bad and the motor thinks the top of the door is causing interference.

Old 07-27-2010 | 12:41 AM
|
I did a search prior to posting but didn't find this symptom. Thanks for the help.

Old 07-29-2010 | 12:57 AM
Originally Posted by Greggybase
The next day, the same exact thing happened. I imagine it's some sort of ECU thing that can be corrected by performing a sequence of steps, but don't know what to do.

I haven't seen this before, but if someone has posted a fix already I apologize for doubling up. Thanks.
It is not an ECU thing but it is a sequence of steps. I had this problem after I replaced my window motor. The motor itself has a reset button on it that you have to press in sequence of activating the window switch. There is a DIY that I found years ago when I replaced my motor. Sorry that I don't have the link.

The reset button can be pressed without removing. All you need to do is to remove the door panel.