General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

windows roll down by themselves?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 12:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
.... cleaned contacts on remote, put a fresh battery in it , and Nothin, still does it every time, im outta ideas.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:28 PM
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Your car is possibly haunted. Contact your nearest Pastor or Voodoo Priest to exorcise the ghost.

Or someone is playing a prank on you....

Ok I kid! You have some electronic gremlin that is possibly messing with your automatic window function. Did you get that checked out?

Sometimes the dealers will not always know how to diagnose these issues (happend to my brakes). You'd have to get someone knowledgeable to look at the wiring or keyless remote module/receiver that may be tripping that function by accident.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This just happened to me this morning, I went and saw its halfway open ��

Old 10-17-2016, 02:43 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by TheNurse
This just happened to me this morning, I went and saw its halfway open ��
I can't remember if my G came like this, but a lot of factory systems will row down the window a bit if you hold the unlock button. My IS did this from the factory, but I can't recall if my G did since I swapped out the alarm within the first week of ownership.

Thanks for bringing back the dead!

Old 10-17-2016, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by dofu
I can't remember if my G came like this, but a lot of factory systems will row down the window a bit if you hold the unlock button. My IS did this from the factory, but I can't recall if my G did since I swapped out the alarm within the first week of ownership.

Thanks for bringing back the dead!
The G does have that, but I am pretty sure I didn't press unlock all night. I park, lock my doors, check my doors, go inside and leave my keys on the table

Old 08-11-2018, 01:47 PM
Fix for infinity window down auto problem

This worked for me after dealing with it for a few hours:

1. Get in the car with the car on and both windows up all the way

2. Press and hold ONLY the driver window DOWN and continue holding for four to five seconds then released

3. Press and hold ONLY the driver window UP and continue holding for four to five seconds then released

4. ALL DONE.. Both windows is now reset and fixed

Hope this helps.. If you still having an issue, try inserting the remote key into the key hole and repeat the steps.

The following users liked this post:
Rozzaydutch (11-01-2020)
Old 08-11-2018, 02:47 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
That only applies to the G37 chassis.

G35 V36 chassis you open the window halfway the hold up the auto position switch until the window closes and keep holding for 2 more seconds.

G35 V35 chassis must all be done from the button located on the window motor.

Old 05-04-2019, 01:32 PM
G35x
Originally Posted by ak808
Hi a few weeks ago I started to notice that my windows would roll down by themselves. Sometimes it would just crack open but other times it would be fully down. Scenario: come home roll up windows, lock doors, the usual but wake up next morning and the windows are both rolled down. It's always both sides as well. Anyone know why this is happening?
Driver's door key cylinder switch, disconnect the red connector no more problems or replace the switch

Old 07-27-2019, 06:05 PM
S35S Sedan
Windows roll down while I'm driving, and do not roll back up until a future day

My 2007 G35S sedan windows (drivers and rear passenger) randomly began rolling down by themselves! Each rolls down while I'm driving, not necessarily simultaneously! Very rarely can I control/ stop the process. Just as rarely am I able to bring the window(s) up during that drive itself.
No specific pattern, but here are a couple things: often they roll down when it's super hot. Ive managed to reduce the frequency of them rolling down by shutting off/ pressing down the main window control button on the driver's side. Last week when it was 100°'s the rear window rolled down despite the main switch being off/ pressed down!
Help, I think I have a ghost in my machine!

Old 11-01-2020, 03:29 PM
G35xs
Originally Posted by masteryodaG37
This worked for me after dealing with it for a few hours:

1. Get in the car with the car on and both windows up all the way

2. Press and hold ONLY the driver window DOWN and continue holding for four to five seconds then released

3. Press and hold ONLY the driver window UP and continue holding for four to five seconds then released

4. ALL DONE.. Both windows is now reset and fixed

Hope this helps.. If you still having an issue, try inserting the remote key into the key hole and repeat the steps.
this worked for me

Old 11-01-2020, 07:38 PM
g35x
Key light on dash

Hello anybody can help my 2007 g35 i have been trying to swap my engine so i been working 2months but before the key was working now it shows a key light but the key still unlocks the door and the radio and dash lights are on but still shows “key”with a key logo and the push button doesnt click or anything any help?

Old 11-01-2020, 07:41 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Correct, the fob and the key are technically two separate functions. Your BCM no longer recognizes your key and thus will not allow you to start the engine and you have the large KEY icon on the dash.

Hold your keyfob right on top of the start button and it should pick up the short-range RFID chip. Some models have a special "slot" you insert the fob into which does the same thing. I don't have the iKey system on my G35 so I don't know exactly what yours is like, these instructions are in the owners manual though.

Might have a dead battery in your fob as well.

The following users liked this post:
Shawn paul (11-01-2020)
Old 11-15-2020, 11:23 PM
07 Infiniti G35X AWD
Driver side window rolled down and can’t control the others

I have a 2007 G35x sedan and today my doors started locking and kept locking while I was driving as well as when I got home. My driver side window started to roll down while I was driving as well. I could not roll down any of my other windows or roll them up. As well as I could not control my door locks from the switch inside on my door. I could lock/unlock with my key fob and with my button on my door handles outside.

Last edited by Alsakan G35; 11-16-2020 at 01:09 AM.
Old 11-22-2020, 10:19 AM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Check to see if the carpet is wet, might be getting water in the BCM. Same with the driver window switch, take it off and see if it's wet.

Old 11-22-2020, 03:55 PM
07 Infiniti G35X AWD
Originally Posted by cleric670
Check to see if the carpet is wet, might be getting water in the BCM. Same with the driver window switch, take it off and see if it's wet.
The floor wasn’t wet and no water has leaked in the car by either. I reset the computer by disconnecting the negative battery post and it works normal now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: windows roll down by themselves?